contact
December 18, 2018, 11:47:10 PM

Author Topic: Did i miss something??  (Read 2547 times)

Offline lord richhawk

• View Profile
Did i miss something??
« on: March 14, 2014, 06:42:40 PM »
So when did this game turn into something more like farmville and not a war game??  I am darn right tired off all the people who wine to me because of my probing!!  and i tell them well how can i find a target if i dont probe? and hardly anybody answers me!!!

Offline krysst

• All Others Pay Cash
    • View Profile
Re: Did i miss something??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 06:45:51 PM »
I WILL ANSWER WITH NUKES!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

kru

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
well....don't probe and just launch your attack, then listen to them moan about them loosing their defences

Offline CoolHand

• Dealing CoolHand's Daily!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:45:48 PM »
Don't let it bother you Rich. There is always going to be a couple whiner's here and there in this version of Farmville

Offline Theo

• Impossible is nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 01:51:27 PM »
Probing is essential like you say how will you know where to and how many ships to send.

Being probed doesn't bother me at all because at the very least i get free crystal :) and sometimes people are stupid enough to attack  8)
You can be a giant and i will move you can be fast and i will follow

kru

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 02:43:51 PM »

Being probed doesn't bother me at all because at the very least i get free crystal :) and sometimes people are stupid enough to attack  8)

as long as they are gentle when they probe....i'm delicate you know.....

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
I recently switched to a female doctor just to be sure any probing would be fun (sorta)

Offline Theo

• Impossible is nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »
lol probing should always be seen with a pinch of salt a thread on my alliance board about probes and it's correct i will share with you all as it's sound advice

A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away, A well respected player of an alliance that I began with in SFCO, the I.S.S., wrote this article in regards to being probed. It still stands true today:

I'm starting this topic to try to explain how some "big guys" play this game, and what you can read out of their actions and understand better what they think, how they read probes and so on.

Know what your enemy thinks, and you'll survive.

So, what does it mean when you get probed every other night by player BIGGUY? Does BIGGUY hate you personally? You can't remember you did anything wrong .... Will he eat your kids, just waiting for you to turn away for half a second?

Well, sometimes it's more simple: BIGGUY simply spend A LOT of time with this game. His day is filled with PROBING, PROBING, and PROBING. He sends probes everywhere, often probes HUNDREDS of planets every day.
Even though he frequently probes you, he doesn't even know you exist. He probes everyone in your Galaxy, every day, looking for targets.

He quickly looks at the reports, doesn't even notice your name, just runs a brief calculation whether your planet is worth spending one, two, three of his valuable fleet slots. If you're not worth it, hell delete the report or simply move on to the next one.

As long as you don't expose anything which attracts attention - resource piles, fleets, very unusual names - you're done for the day and you'll be probed again the next time he probes your system.

Ask me whom I probed during the last 24 hours? I SIMPLY DON'T KNOW.
You can be a giant and i will move you can be fast and i will follow

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 07:26:59 PM »
The problem with that reply, Theo - and with richhawk in general - is that he doesn't know when enough is enough...

Admittedly your post is correct in 99% of cases - but not all of them, and richhawk is one of those exceptions...

Most everyone knows that richhawk and my former alliance had problems - and most people have a general idea as to why...

Here's the thing - I've never had a problem with anyone probing me occasionally... not even daily... Neither did anyone in my alliance,... it wasn't until richhawk made it personal, by timing down our active times, and specifically targeting us - personally - that his probing became a problem...

When he first started bothering me, it was only a single probe a week - I said nothing,... over the next few weeks he began probing me regularly, almost daily - I said nothing (I know that probing is a part of the game - I had no hard feelings - he was just searching for a target)... but then things changed... he began probing me multiple times a day - at first, I said nothing,... but then I figured out what he was doing... he was watching me - specifically - and every single time there was activity on any my planets, he'd probe me...

At the worst of it, I was being probed as many as 10 times a day from him... and I was ignoring it... at first...

But then he started nailing down my times - and even blind launched a couple of attacks at me... they failed as I was usually online... but I became sick of him hunting me - specifically - he wasn't just looking for a target to attack,... he considered me to be his personal prey, his food... and I wasn't going to take that. That's when things between me and richhawk blew-up...

As long at he's only "looking for a target to attack", I don't have a problem - but when he starts hunting me, specifically - I'll nuke him down to nothing to get him to leave me alone.

I'm not anyone's food. (at least, not when I was still playing, as soon as my account sells, I'll be gone from the game)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:31:11 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline starkiller!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 02:57:56 AM »
ya know I speak from experience due to loosing several hephs and fleets to Richawk do I blame him for hunting me?

NO I blame myself for leaving my ships unattended at any time

and yes he sometimes probed me several times a day

you can't blame him for wanting to be the best at hunting live targets and he is very good at it!!!

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 03:28:13 AM »
Well star, if you allow other players to hunt you without fighting back, that's up yo you.

I don't.

I have no problem with Coolhand, who has taken a couple of my fleets... he's not hunting me personally... Good for him, he did a great job catching me.

richhawk on the other hand was hunting me specifically... and when he started launching blind attacks at me, that was the end of me allowing him to hunt me.

You want to be a pushover, and let yourself be hunted, go ahead, but don't think badly of those who fight back.

Offline starkiller!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 04:09:39 AM »
ya missed my point which was I really don't think he was hunting me personally just that if I had not left it out I would not have lost it so it was my fault I lost it not his kinda like if I had done what I was supposed to do it would not matter what he did

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 04:23:18 AM »
My apologies star... the way that I read your message, it sounded like you were saying that "you didn't mind that he attacked you", rather than "he attacked you, but you don't think that he was hunting you"... my bad for getting it wrong.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
Well star, if you allow other players to hunt you without fighting back, that's up yo you.

I don't.

richhawk on the other hand was hunting me specifically... and when he started launching blind attacks at me, that was the end of me allowing him to hunt me.

You want to be a pushover, and let yourself be hunted, go ahead, but don't think badly of those who fight back.

As long at he's only "looking for a target to attack", I don't have a problem - but when he starts hunting me, specifically - I'll nuke him down to nothing to get him to leave me alone.

I'm not anyone's food. (at least, not when I was still playing, as soon as my account sells, I'll be gone from the game)

I stalk targets. Pretty much all the time. And people who nuke me in return show me they're food aka they can't take my ships, so it's safe to go for them. My 2 cents.

Offline WarOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 05:49:24 PM »
Monkey are you kidding me?

Targeting and being targeted is part of the game. When someone like that is targeting you, don't be complaining on the boards, set up some sort of ninja group defend.

The only thing nuking will do is piss the other guy off and he'll just do the same thing he is now... What has he got to lose once you've cleaned out his defenses? Nothing!

Also, you're playing a war game. People will always target a player. Those blind attacks were probably him trying to time your FRS return and failing or him not wanting any notifications showing up in your messages...

SFCO - Ranked #38 Overall,
Name - The Axe

Nova - Ranked #2 Overall, #2 in DSP, With 27 Heph Kills, and 1 Moon Kill!
Retired - 03/28/14

Uni 3 - Ranked #5 Overall, With 16 Heph Kills! #1 in DSP!
Retired - 04/25/15