contact
June 27, 2017, 12:05:38 AM

Author Topic: Free Ore to Crystal Merchant trade  (Read 244 times)

Offline Stem1986

• View Profile
Free Ore to Crystal Merchant trade
« on: May 03, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »
Hello. I am suggesting that bfg implement Free Ore to Crystal Merchant trade. This will help those large ore df disappear. This may even increase their bottom line as players would need to do merchant trades for hydro so as to use those resources as they are now grabbing everything instead of leaving ore behind. Of course you would need to build up your crystal storage. What are your thought?

Offline REMBROND

• View Profile
Re: Free Ore to Crystal Merchant trade
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 06:55:38 PM »
Something should be done to deal with the ore glut....  The game economy is way out of balance..

Offline Bad Wookiee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 11:08:38 AM »
I think this would be a great idea, as it would assist lower rank players to convert res while they grow and as they grow It would be of less benefit to bigger players because of ROI on ice storage and available colony fields
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:16:07 AM by Bad Wookiee »

Offline Col. Assburger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »
I think this should go all ways. Ore/Crystal/Hydro should all be interchangeable. There can be a building that does it, some sort of conversion factory. But because it makes no sense to be able to convert from one to the other, it is very inefficient. Efficiency goes up slightly with every building level, yadda yadda, so on so forth.

There is a problem with too much ore and not enough hydro, this would help to alleviate that issue and keep people from eventually quitting because of this very issue. Then, if you want a much more efficient swap you can still buy a trade merchant.

Some of the shady dealings that happen in game with the players at the top just screams for a solution like this....

Offline Elevas

• View Profile
    • Carpe Clunes Comedy
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 07:50:18 AM »
The issue is that unless you've spent hexillions on hydro storage, the trade merchants only allow you to trade very small amounts into hydro per 5k... So, it's almost not worth trying.
Elevas Sunchild, flooder fori and head of The Regiment
Moons owned - 14 (9 in O, 5 in 2)
Moons given - 36 (All on Purpose)
Best rank to date - 817 (SFCO)
First (in SFCO) to Energy Tech 17, I claim it!

Offline Harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 02:54:05 PM »
will never happen. The Merchant @ 5000 credits is the PRIMARY source of revenue to BFG. Many Senior players have quit the game in Unis like X1 that DEPEND on Credits to convert to Hydro.  My Gramps, (aka Telkar) had submitted to BFG a Commander, for say 100,000 or 200,000 credits that would give a play unlimited Merchant trades for a month.  as a way for BFG to continue a revenue stream, but also allow top players to play this Free Game for under $100/month. He never heard back from them.