contact
December 18, 2017, 04:41:08 PM

Author Topic: Vacation Mode in Starfleet Extreme  (Read 860 times)

Offline Admiral Sagan

• View Profile
Vacation Mode in Starfleet Extreme
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:30:14 PM »
Hello:

It seems that vacation mode in SFE is not working properly. If I an correct, vacation mode can continue for up to 7 days. My strategy is when I am not online, I go into vacation mode to avoid attacks and loss of resources. I will admit, not the bravest technique, but has worked so far. Last week while I presumed I was still safe in vacation mode, I was attacked and lost my entire fleet. Since I use all the Starfleet games, (which I really like) , this morning I found all my vacation modes still active, except for Starfleet Extreme. Is this a glitch, or has someone found a way to hack into my account and disable it?

Thank you  :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline FCD

• View Profile
Re: Vacation Mode in Starfleet Extreme
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:56:12 AM »
Vacation mode is not just for 7 days...If you enter vacation mode you should be safe from attack until your account is deleted if you don't log in for 45 days or whatever the time frame is...If you were attacked it means you didn't enter v-mode sucessfully or there was a glitch or someone hacked your account

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 02:10:40 AM »
or you tried to enter vacation mode while someone was attacking you, in which case you would not have successfully entered vacation mode
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 06:44:57 AM »
Wait a minute...you can no longer toggle V-Mode if you're being attacked?

Offline darkset

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 07:01:36 AM »
Quote from: "Wargasm"
Wait a minute...you can no longer toggle V-Mode if you're being attacked?
you never could

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 07:13:31 AM »
I hate to quote the wiki on something, but I don't have a lot of experience with vacation mode. I always took my chances with long fleet saves when being offline for a few days. According to the in-game docs, the only things that could prevent you from going into "v" were your own buildings/research/fleets.

Wiki says:

"When turned on, a player will not be able to be attacked or probed until vacation mode is turned off, however incoming attacks sent before vacation mode was enabled will still land after. Vacation mode only prevents future attacks from being sent."

Pretty clear that you should be able to toggle it while under attack...just that the attack will proceed and hit whether or not you enter "v".
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Catfish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 08:05:18 AM »
Quote from: "Big S"
Pretty clear that you should be able to toggle it while under attack...just that the attack will proceed and hit whether or not you enter "v".
And you don't have the luxury of using buildings/research as res saves.
The [size=100]WIKI[/size][/b][/url][/u] is your friend.

Offline Leebelee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »
I was attacking someone once, they went into v mode during the attack, the attack still landed and i collected all the debris, only reason you cant go into v mode is if your actively doing something, transports.missions, buildings etc

Offline Callum Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »
don't know why you would play like this anyway
Every good player knows
No fleetsave=No fleet
Add me on Skype. My username is Calsattack

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 02:54:34 AM »
That's actually kinda funny. I'm sure the person thought if they went into "v", then the attack would do nothing and they would be safe.

Then seeing the attack continuing, I'm sure the first thing they thought was, "I should try to fleet save...hmmm, that's not working...WHY NOT!?!?! DAMN THIS COMPUTER! Oh, wait, it must be cuz I'm in 'v' mode."

Then it dawns on them they should exit "v" mode to fleet save. "Hmmm, why can't I exit 'v' mode? Must be a bug. DAMN THIS COMPUTER!!!"

Panic as they watch the timer ticking down to 0. At long last, they realize that they are stuck in "v" mode for 48 hours, meanwhile, they can't do anything to save their fleet.

Computer gets thrown out the window....
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 06:52:25 AM »
:twisted: You know.. it's kinda funny thinking about it.. my first major attack I ever did on a guy he tried to run to vacation mode.. but the attack was underway and he essentially screwed himself because when he toggled V mode.. it locked him in place... :twisted:
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline Adm.Reaper

• Adm.Reaper.. collector of souls
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
Quote from: "Big S"
That's actually kinda funny. I'm sure the person thought if they went into "v", then the attack would do nothing and they would be safe.

Then seeing the attack continuing, I'm sure the first thing they thought was, "I should try to fleet save...hmmm, that's not working...WHY NOT!?!?! DAMN THIS COMPUTER! Oh, wait, it must be cuz I'm in 'v' mode."

Then it dawns on them they should exit "v" mode to fleet save. "Hmmm, why can't I exit 'v' mode? Must be a bug. DAMN THIS COMPUTER!!!"

Panic as they watch the timer ticking down to 0. At long last, they realize that they are stuck in "v" mode for 48 hours, meanwhile, they can't do anything to save their fleet.

Computer gets thrown out the window....

birthmark-ant