contact
September 19, 2017, 11:39:15 AM

Author Topic: Who has highest foundry lvl  (Read 13481 times)

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
Re: Who has highest foundry lvl
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 12:41:23 AM »
Quote from: "Ardour"
problem

you wait days for the mine to finish

you dont wait days to be able to queue a new mine.. you just queue it on a different perm...

thats the production capacity... and in that respect..by that measure.. foundries above 5 are excessive..

and as they are excessive for ship building... it seems to just be.. .....excessive :)

Doesn't really matter if you think it is excessive. People are free to build whatever they want on their own planets.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 01:41:24 AM »
Quote from: "Infinity."
:) well as they say, to each their own!

I saw someone with laser 16 yesterday...

If some can verify a Foundry 8, I will probably build one as well.

Also, if you have recently looked at a crystal 33, an F7 is nothing as far as resources go...

An F8 would take me 3 days of saving.  Probably not worth it, but still... 11 second hades would be so much sweeter than my 22 second hades!!
I have a foundry 8 and shipyard 15. A few people can verify it.
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

Offline Infinity.

• View Profile
    • http://gollstrom.com/sfco/
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 02:14:04 AM »
:P looks like i better start saving!!

Offline Dread74

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 02:51:12 AM »
Quote from: "Infinity."
:P looks like i better start saving!!

foundry's don't make you resources
SCF Uni 1X --- AA dreadddy - Account given to me
SFC Uni 2X --- AA Dread played since start

Zeus kills +300
Heph Hills +14

Offline Infinity.

• View Profile
    • http://gollstrom.com/sfco/
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 03:21:44 AM »
:) I know, I know.

But speed is my drug of choice!

andy nard1

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
Sid I think everybody is aware that they can built anything they wish...

It is a discussion between players about if it is convenient or not to built a foundry 7, again you could not resist and have to post something which does not add anything to the discussion.

I agree with infinity, in fact I built my foundries based on mines built time, no concern about res...a foundry 7 is very cheap compared to a crystal 33...

Sid, we know that you have to say something, anything you will say, you are right. Ok?

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
Sid I think everybody is aware that they can built anything they wish...

It is a discussion between players about if it is convenient or not to built a foundry 7, again you could not resist and have to post something which does not add anything to the discussion.

I agree with infinity, in fact I built my foundries based on mines built time, no concern about res...a foundry 7 is very cheap compared to a crystal 33...

Sid, we know that you have to say something, anything you will say, you are right. Ok?
Actually, it was one person telling another they were wrong to build a higher level foundry. So yes, I spoke up. If you don't like it, block what I say and you won't have to read it.
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 05:52:39 PM »
wrong for building something, wrong for attacking for no profit, wrong for being better at a game than someone else. yeah this is making the game more fun.

Offline Ardour

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
Quote from: "Sid82"
Actually, it was one person telling another they were wrong to build a higher level foundry. So yes, I spoke up. If you don't like it, block what I say and you won't have to read it.

actually you had a non-constructive instigative post that is tangenting into an off-topic argument.. sounds to me like you're breaking forum rules in a few places.. and are telling folks to just put you on the ignore setting so you can break the rules in peace? How bout you take charge and stop being a troll on on your own?

So infinity, while I don't think you managed to misread my post like siddy here.. I wanna make it clear... a discussion on RoI PoDR and efficacy never once produced anything near enough to telling someone how to play.. there is value in a big foundry for the simple "i wanted it" factor.. to each their own.. I hope our discussion on efficancy at a non-subjective mathematical level in a thread with a related context did not offend you =)

oh and sid.. it never happened.. figment of your imagination.. falsehood.. DID NOT HAPPEN.. you fail =)

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
Quote from: "Ardour"
Quote from: "Sid82"

actually you had a non-constructive instigative post that is tangenting into an off-topic argument.. sounds to me like you're breaking forum rules in a few places.. and are telling folks to just put you on the ignore setting so you can break the rules in peace? How bout you take charge and stop being a troll on on your own?

The topic was foundry levels. my post was about his foundry levels. Not off-topic, try again.

So infinity, while I don't think you managed to misread my post like siddy here.. I wanna make it clear... a discussion on RoI PoDR and efficacy never once produced anything near enough to telling someone how to play.. there is value in a big foundry for the simple "i wanted it" factor.. to each their own.. I hope our discussion on efficancy at a non-subjective mathematical level in a thread with a related context did not offend you =)

oh and sid.. it never happened.. figment of your imagination.. falsehood.. DID NOT HAPPEN.. you fail =)Kinda like you claiming my post was off topic when it was perfectly on topic, sure buddy, try again.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Nadia Cornacovich

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 03:00:19 AM »
I think the higher the better. Foundry 7 I can build a hep in under 7 hours in uni2. I think it would be 3 and a half give or take a few million chronitons or so in x2 I am not sure since I only started X2 recently. I did manage to build 9 level 2 foundries already though and have only been playing this one a few weeks so it really is a lot faster here.
Leader of the Russian Federation Alliance

"The Soviet Union has become the seacoast of the universe."  - Sergei Pavlovich Korolev

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 03:06:33 AM »
Of course the higher the better.  Having a foundry level 15 is much better than a foundry level 5.  Just like having 100k arties is better than having 10k.  Or this 1k charons is better than just having 1 charon.

The problem lies in what does it cost you.  Are you loosing mine levels?  Is your fleet lagging behind the competition?
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 03:15:27 AM »
well Level 7 cost about as much as ore mine 36 does roughly so you have to measure the ying to the yang. It all depends on what you need it for. In my case it was a shipyard planet for churning out ships in a hurry although after level 6 there is no difference in speed for the Artis and Atlas. They were 1 second when it was a level 6. Same with missiles and lasers. Mainly when mines get high you need it to cut down the insane 100 hour or so times to upgrade. it's all preference if you ask me. Like here I wont get mines past 24 or so until I have foundry 3 now because it just takes too darn long to upgrade. However I also made sure every planet was over 200 fields before investing in it like I had to do in X1. I learned from X1 that if its under 200 fields it's not worth keeping. Here that is really important because it is very easy to fill up 200+ fields. So if it has 250 or more then its worth building foundry to possibly as high as 8.

"The Soviet Union has become the seacoast of the universe."  - Sergei Pavlovich Korolev

Offline Phil Sutherland

• View Profile
    • http://www.example.com/
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 03:28:37 AM »
Quote from: "Nadia Cornacovich"
well Level 7 cost about as much as ore mine 36 does roughly so you have to measure the ying to the yang. It all depends on what you need it for. In my case it was a shipyard planet for churning out ships in a hurry although after level 6 there is no difference in speed for the Artis and Atlas. They were 1 second when it was a level 6. Same with missiles and lasers. Mainly when mines get high you need it to cut down the insane 100 hour or so times to upgrade. it's all preference if you ask me. Like here I wont get mines past 24 or so until I have foundry 3 now because it just takes too darn long to upgrade. However I also made sure every planet was over 200 fields before investing in it like I had to do in X1. I learned from X1 that if its under 200 fields it's not worth keeping. Here that is really important because it is very easy to fill up 200+ fields. So if it has 250 or more then its worth building foundry to possibly as high as 8.
Not true. All the numbers are rounded when displayed.
[/b] [/b][/b] [/b] [size=150]#26

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 03:34:13 AM »
Oh my a Canadian eh? My dad is a member of the Princess pats and my brother is with Squadron 439 fighter support. Yip I am a Base brat lol

birthmark-ant