contact
December 18, 2017, 04:44:59 PM

Author Topic: Planet move's - Good or Bad  (Read 1505 times)

Lytjohan_

Re: Planet move's - Good or Bad
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 07:21:18 AM »
Without trying to stir up things - he is probably right 9 out of 10 on that one
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline 16 of 26

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »
the debis field might not be there to harvest from the moved planet. but thats not the point. its a tactic move, lets say you have many alliance mates closeby, block the slot so it cant be colonized from in system, probably even bouncing or recalling the gaia with the dios. your mates now have a way higher chance to make it there with their dios from out of system planets

but what i wanted to say is that the game should not offer advantages to people that can afford to pay lot of money. at least not more than it does already. i know many people that cant afford paying money constantly for geologist, spymaster etc.

"if i see luke or 16 nearby, ill move out of galaxy - asap"
"16 is kinda pompous - tragic is such a cool guy"

Lytjohan_

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »
Quote from: "16 of 26"
the debis field might not be there to harvest from the moved planet. but thats not the point. its a tactic move, lets say you have many alliance mates closeby, block the slot so it cant be colonized from in system, probably even bouncing or recalling the gaia with the dios. your mates now have a way higher chance to make it there with their dios from out of system planets

but what i wanted to say is that the game should not offer advantages to people that can afford to pay lot of money. at least not more than it does already. i know many people that cant afford paying money constantly for geologist, spymaster etc.

well, thats not the point 16 .. the tactics move - has been implemented - and used - and people do seem to not care much about that. its the abillity to remove it again right away - that makes people upset. :)

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
your system with colony and heph. you blow up a heph in system 2b in res floating 100k dions needed.

2:20mins to move the heph there, and now send a gaia 31 mins or block the slot with a pre-made mac for 25 dollars.

you might not get it all but nobody is going to get seconds before you get the heph there and can clean the rest with 5:20min harvests.

andy nard1

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »
I do not know who is upset...there is no reason to getting upset for the ability to abandon the colony after moving it paying the credits.

In my opinion is a weakness in the design because by-passes the 24 hours inability of doing any operation from the moved planet, including the harvest that cannot harvest.
If BFG thinks that is fine, I am also fine with it, I wrote a ticket to BFG and they replied, and shared with you the content of it.
I was not aware that a moved planet could be abandon without waiting for 24 hours.

I just find puzzling the reply, since does not make much sense to say "because it takes too long is not practical", would be like...do not try to GD or GA from another G it is not practical, the mechanics of the game shall not be based on what is practical or not, shall be based on a set of rules....timing is not the essence.

However since it has been established that will stay, I have a few ideas on how to use it.

Lytjohan_

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
Quote from: "the enforcer"
your system with colony and heph. you blow up a heph in system 2b in res floating 100k dions needed.
2:20mins to move the heph there, and now send a gaia 31 mins or block the slot with a pre-made mac for 25 dollars.
you might not get it all but nobody is going to get seconds before you get the heph there and can clean the rest with 5:20min harvests.

well, thats the idea i guess - iam not for any of it - but i think considering its implemented:

- you cannot remove it again - so use it as a placeholder is not good = someone can still block you from getting your own debris.
- you can remove it again - you can if you chose too - pay up - and be sure about your debris - noone can block you.

both things are stupid in my book - but if the one is there - i think from an attackers viewpoint - there ought to be the second choice too.

Lytjohan_

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
Quote from: "andy nard1"
I do not know who is upset...there is no reason to getting upset for the ability to abandon the colony after moving it paying the credits.

In my opinion is a weakness in the design because by-passes the 24 hours inability of doing any operation from the moved planet, including the harvest that cannot harvest.
If BFG thinks that is fine, I am also fine with it, I wrote a ticket to BFG and they replied, and shared with you the content of it.
I was not aware that a moved planet could be abandon without waiting for 24 hours.

I just find puzzling the reply, since does not make much sense to say "because it takes too long is not practical", would be like...do not try to GD or GA from another G it is not practical, the mechanics of the game shall not be based on what is practical or not, shall be based on a set of rules....timing is not the essence.

However since it has been established that will stay, I have a few ideas on how to use it.

well, technically i guess it doesnt do anything - it just sits there... and since you can do a minimal form of frs from it - means its not entirely locked down - so an abandon thingie - seems cool with me...

the idea ... bad - implementation as i see it - fine - if they are serious about the entire planet moving foo.

Offline Boothroyd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 07:36:26 AM »
Quote from: "Victor Doom"
:evil: As I stated earlier... I don't mind the planetary moves, see no real issue with that..

I think a timer should be installed and the instantaneous part removed... I recommend at least a two hour timer on planetary moves...

Allthough I agree that an instant planet move does not make much sence, lol irl it would prob mean end of all life on that planet, but I also see one big problem putting a timer on this.
A planet move is not going to be free, we can all agree on that as BFG is not going lower their income just because some moved his planet to a spot where a heph was also moving too, and they're right, the people who work at BFG dont work for free either, they need their monthly wages just like you and me.
The problem is, if you pay for something BFG has to deliver as simple as that, meaning that if I pay 250000 credits or $25,00 for my planet being in spot 3:3:3 BFG has to deliver my planet on 3:3:3, now if there would be a timer on this move and someone else takes that spot with either a heph or gaia, what do you suggest would happen?
Bouncing the planet move is onacceptable as there was payed for this service, even refunding the credits is not an option after all credits are virtual money not real money.
And when I say onacceptable I mean consumer rights onacceptable, not moraly onacceptable.
The other option would be reserving the spot meaning a heph or gaia will bounce, which then takes away the effect of the 2 hour move and you might as well put the planet there instantly.

IMO the 24h no action lock is the best BFG can do to prevent this feature from being a gamebreaker as long as the move is payed, and we already concluded that that will never change.

Offline The Admiral

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
Quote from: "Boothroyd"
:evil: As I stated earlier... I don't mind the planetary moves, see no real issue with that..

I think a timer should be installed and the instantaneous part removed... I recommend at least a two hour timer on planetary moves...

Allthough I agree that an instant planet move does not make much sence, lol irl it would prob mean end of all life on that planet, but I also see one big problem putting a timer on this.
A planet move is not going to be free, we can all agree on that as BFG is not going lower their income just because some moved his planet to a spot where a heph was also moving too, and they're right, the people who work at BFG dont work for free either, they need their monthly wages just like you and me.
The problem is, if you pay for something BFG has to deliver as simple as that, meaning that if I pay 250000 credits or $25,00 for my planet being in spot 3:3:3 BFG has to deliver my planet on 3:3:3, now if there would be a timer on this move and someone else takes that spot with either a heph or gaia, what do you suggest would happen?
Bouncing the planet move is onacceptable as there was payed for this service, even refunding the credits is not an option after all credits are virtual money not real money.
And when I say onacceptable I mean consumer rights onacceptable, not moraly onacceptable.
The other option would be reserving the spot meaning a heph or gaia will bounce, which then takes away the effect of the 2 hour move and you might as well put the planet there instantly.

IMO the 24h no action lock is the best BFG can do to prevent this feature from being a gamebreaker as long as the move is payed, and we already concluded that that will never change.
All BFG would have to do is not take the credits until the 2 hr. timer had passed.  BFG isn't going to make much money on planetary moves so its not like they're going to shut the servers down if a planet move gets canceled due to the planet slot being taken before the 2 hrs. is up.
That is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your incoherent, rambling response, did you come close to making what could be considered a rational thought. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Offline Infinity.

• View Profile
    • http://gollstrom.com/sfco/
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »
credits are bought and spent instantaneously. i agree with the lock action. make em unabandonable for 24hrs?

Offline Boothroyd

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
Quote from: "The Admiral"

All BFG would have to do is not take the credits until the 2 hr. timer had passed.  BFG isn't going to make much money on planetary moves so its not like they're going to shut the servers down if a planet move gets canceled due to the planet slot being taken before the 2 hrs. is up.

You dont get it, some people buy points and spend them instantly, they do that to get that  planet to 3:3:3, what your supposing is the same as refunding in virtual money, its not gonna hold legaly.
Consumer rights are not about what you feel is best, its about what gouverments have descided is best.
From that point of view a 2hrs timer is not an option, the suggestion to lock it completely for 24h (also abandoning) is the best to keep it from creating gamebreaking problems without BFG having to step on thin legal lines.

Offline The Admiral

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »
Except it still breaks the game, IMO.  When someone tries to colonize a debris from a heph and someone else blocks that colony with a planet move, the heph's colony is blocked and his heph is locked.  Goodbye heph.

I don't know how BFG's credit system works, except I know you pay money, or do surveys or sign contracts for credits.  Those credits are then used to buy game enhancements, like the merchant, a geologist, among others...and now the planet move.  I'm pretty sure if BFG wanted to put a 2 hr delay on a planet move, then they could do it.  Its their game.  

All they have to do is say, "If this planet slot is free in 2 hrs, then your planet will move and the credits will be removed from your account.  If the planet slot is occupied in 2 hrs, then your planet does not move and no credits will be taken from your account."  That way, nothing is refunded, because no credits were used.
That is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your incoherent, rambling response, did you come close to making what could be considered a rational thought. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Offline Boothroyd

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »
Except it still breaks the game, IMO.  When someone tries to colonize a debris from a heph and someone else blocks that colony with a planet move, the heph's colony is blocked and his heph is locked.  Goodbye heph.

I don't know how BFG's credit system works, except I know you pay money, or do surveys or sign contracts for credits.  Those credits are then used to buy game enhancements, like the merchant, a geologist, among others...and now the planet move.  I'm pretty sure if BFG wanted to put a 2 hr delay on a planet move, then they could do it.  Its their game.  

All they have to do is say, "If this planet slot is free in 2 hrs, then your planet will move and the credits will be removed from your account.  If the planet slot is occupied in 2 hrs, then your planet does not move and no credits will be taken from your account."  That way, nothing is refunded, because no credits were used.

Your main problem is that you realy dont like the planet move, it kinda blinds you from reasening.
No, BFG cant just say its our game so we do it like this, they are a company making profit and need to follow surten rules. Would be something if they where free to do anything they like cause its their game wouldnt it.

Would be the same as the butcher telling you that you should give him your money, in turn for that you get a paper saying you have 20k credits, in 2 hours you can come back to see if the schnitzel you ordered is ready and pay with the paper credits, if they are sold out you dont have to give me the credits, dont need to cause I already have your money.
I'm pretty sure you wont accept that now would you?

Offline The Admiral

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 11:12:03 AM »

Your main problem is that you realy dont like the planet move, it kinda blinds you from reasening.
No, BFG cant just say its our game so we do it like this, they are a company making profit and need to follow surten rules. Would be something if they where free to do anything they like cause its their game wouldnt it.

Would be the same as the butcher telling you that you should give him your money, in turn for that you get a paper saying you have 20k credits, in 2 hours you can come back to see if the schnitzel you ordered is ready and pay with the paper credits, if they are sold out you dont have to give me the credits, dont need to cause I already have your money.
I'm pretty sure you wont accept that now would you?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Damn, dude.  You're really grasping at straws.  And you're not grasping the concept that they could change the way planet moves worked if they wanted to, because it is their game.

I'm going to try to break it down more simply so you might understand.

1.  BFG could announce that the way planet moves work will change.

2.  BFG could then implement (that means "put into action") a 2 hour timer, in which no credits will be exchanged, before the planet move would take place.  That means no credits will leave your account (you won't be paying for anything).  That's the main aspect that you are not understanding.

3.  If after 2 hrs, the planet slot you wanted to move your planet to is still free (this is where it gets tricky), THEN credits will be removed from your account, and your planet will then move to that empty slot.

4.  If after 2 hrs, the planet slot you wanted to move you planet to is no longer free, the planet move will not take place.  Since you haven't paid for jack squat yet, no contract has been broken.

Since you seem to like inane analogies, here's one that actually describes my idea...

You go to the butcher and order a schnitzel or whatever you like to eat.  The butcher (BFG) says, "OK...let me go back and make sure we have one before I take your money."  So he goes to the back room and he's looking for that schnitzel like its nobody's business.  It takes him 2 hours of looking, and he comes back with the most beautiful schnitzel you have ever laid your eyes on.  And you say, "Thanks, Mr. Butcher!  Here's $25!"  Life is good.

or...

You go to the butcher and order a schnitzel or whatever you like to eat.  The butcher (BFG) says, "OK...let me go back and make sure we have one before I take your money."  So he goes to the back room and he's looking for that schnitzel like nobody's business.  It takes him 2 hours of looking, and he comes back with no schnitzel.  Man...you are totally bummed out, but then the butcher points out the sign on the front door.  It reads, "First Come, First Served."  Apparently someone already got that last schnitzel.  But its not like the butcher took any money from you, so you just have to live without the schnitzel.  You'll be alright.

Whether I like the planet move or not has nothing to do with it at all.  The way the planet move currently works can be a game breaker.  That's why I think it needs to be changed.  Your plan of not being able to move the planet for 24 hours after a planet is moved does not fix the problem, as I see it.  

That's my opinion, its not a fact, so you can't prove it wrong.

Offline Boothroyd

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »
Nah I wont try to proof you wrong, I found its just a waste of time trying to break the plates some people have in front of their heads when they are trying to get something changed they realy dont like.

We will see what BFG does with all the ideas written here, I have an idea about the outcome though, and you will not like it.