contact
December 18, 2017, 08:32:18 PM

Author Topic: Valid Targets  (Read 8686 times)

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
Re: Valid Targets
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »
The attack was not to SAT bash....

Some people send a polite message saying Hey I'm online....

Not Luther Blisset....
Luther Blissett    Hello    1 day ago
To: Boris Alden
Date: 2012-04-14 08:13:52 UTC
I am now online and will dump ressources into defenses before your attack lands. Hydrogen too using credits.

So if you continue your attack only sats will be left. Sat bash me, and I will return the favor with nukes/proms etc in the future. Count on it

Thanks

I don't respond to threeats and let the attack ride.......  A more polite message would have had us recall.....

Few lost ships hell who cares.
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

andy nard1

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2012, 10:03:41 AM »
I don't respond to threeats and let the attack ride......

That's pretty funny...so now we all shall bow in front of the great Boris and ask him, please pretty please do not sat bash me?

The message had nothing wrong, he informed you that he was online...and it is difficult to stand by your statement about threats...if fact who was threatening more? you attacking him, or him just saying that will do the same?

Ave Boris!

Klinghorn

Valid Targets
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2012, 10:26:10 AM »
I think a simple PM would have ensured Boris recalled.... His hydro was spent so had little to lose by continuing beyond a few ships.

With that kind of message threatening retaliation of that nature it basically becomes a challenge... I would do as Boris did... Dont bow down to threats of intimidation which is basically what the pm was...

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »
Thanks Klinghorn...

A pleasant message in any Uni sees my fleets recalled.

It's just pleasant play.
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
I do not normally bow to threats either, but he has also moved everything, spent everything.

So I would not resort to sat bashing, I would rather watch him close and get his fleet.

If I know all that is left is sats, I would recall, if they do not message, then I continue

andy nard1

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »
That's the funniest shit that I've ever read...

It's really hard to imagine that Andy actually responds to threats from other players...

But, well, now I know,... if Andy attacks me, all I have to do is message him that I'm online and will dump all of my resources into defenses, and that if he doesn't recall, I'll nuke and sat bash him back in return for not recalling. - then he'll recall, because he's not like Boris.

Thanks for letting me know how to properly message you Andy

By the way... if some dork sent me that message, I wouldn't of recalled either - just on the principle of it...

On the other hand, a simple: "Hey there, I'm online." and I will recall.

WTF???

I am not talking on what I would do or what you should do...

I just commented, and anyway being you anything you will message to me will just be ignored...and since you make such strong statements, please state when I sat bashed you...never is the answer, and you would deserve much more than that...but I stick to my principle, something that you, Boris and Justice cannot do...since your principles change over time...
Go back and read the OP...than make some proper statements here...and if you wish I can come to your planets and sat bash you day after day...just ask for it

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2012, 09:52:23 PM »
Thanks Klinghorn...

A pleasant message in any Uni sees my fleets recalled.

It's just pleasant play.

Id buy that if it were not proven otherwise to me early on in x2 as well as early in x1.

We were neighbors with your first account in g1 and you attacked me a few times and would not recall when I messaged that I was online and would spend down and lift. Same with x1 on multiple occasions.
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2012, 02:27:51 AM »
Whoa there Andy... no back-peddling allowed... your stance was very clear... you said:

That's pretty funny...so now we all shall bow in front of the great Boris and ask him, please pretty please do not sat bash me?

The message had nothing wrong, he informed you that he was online...and it is difficult to stand by your statement about threats...if fact who was threatening more? you attacking him, or him just saying that will do the same?

Ave Boris!

Since you're not capable of figuring out the order of events on your own, let me lay it out for you and everyone else Andy... (I know logic can be a bitch, Andy, but try to keep up okay?)

1: Boris and (whoever else was with him) launched an attack at someone named Luther Blissett...
2: Luther Blissett was online,... and messaged them with a nasty threatening message.
3: Because of the nature of the threats in the message (and it's generally nasty demeanor), rather than recalling, they let the attack go through.

See, it's really simple... this wasn't a case of sat bashing, it was a case of a player doing something RETARDED and not getting his way, because he was stupid.

Boris's post covers that the attack was *not* to sat bash... this implies that the guy had resources or ships sitting (I know, that whole "logic" thing, right?) ... Boris posted the message from the player: (as follows)

I am now online and will dump ressources into defenses before your attack lands. Hydrogen too using credits.

So if you continue your attack only sats will be left. Sat bash me, and I will return the favor with nukes/proms etc in the future. Count on it

Thanks

If someone threatened to nuke me, if I didn't recall - I WOULDN'T RECALL!!!

You however, stated your case...
"so now we all shall bow in front of the great Boris and ask him, please pretty please do not sat bash me?

The message had nothing wrong, he informed you that he was online.."

So thats how you expect players to respond to you... you say that there's nothing wrong with it, that is simply "his way" of saying that he was online...

So I took that to mean that you expect players to message you in the same manner... that's why I posted what I posted... Or are you going to back-peddle now, and agree that the message was threatening?...

You're making fun of Boris, and insulting him for not recalling, this, plus your statements, imply that you believe that the message was the proper way of telling someone that you're online... Well?... which is it?... he sent a nice polite message, and you would have recalled, or he threatened, and you would not have recalled?... You can't have it both ways Andy?... it's one or the other.

And look at how you replied to me... You clearly didn't understand anything that I posted... You make it look like you agree with what Boris did,... so which is it, for christ's sake, make up your mind?!? Another one of Andy's misunderstandings...
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

andy nard1

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2012, 06:07:05 AM »
The events are very clear, do jot need your patronising tone to explain something that was clearly understood. Boris sat bashed a player because he did not like the message he sent while was under attack.

I stated that the message for Luther was clear enough, and I do not find it threatening. Period.
Boris and justice have been sat bashing players, in frustration because they cannot hit anything.

Did you see my previous post? What did justice? Sat bashed, I do no complain, just I wanted to show that he attacked for loss of resources and I got more DSP than him. What you call that? Making. I profit on a attack and making only DSP from sats? I was not online therefore that cannot claim that I threaten them...any excuse is valid for them to sat....
Your opinion about Boris has no value, since you will never criticise what he does therefor any further comment you will make will be ignored, and I know that you will post a one page long message.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:58:56 PM by Matt H »

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
meh, they should of followed up with as many ibm's as it took to set his def score to 0. the next time he logged off and then messaged back with a probe report, "hey looks like you lost a little more than helios."

andy nard1

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
meh, they should of followed up with as many ibm's as it took to set his def score to 0. the next time he logged off and then messaged back with a probe report, "hey looks like you lost a little more than helios."

Wuado, I do respect you because you do what you think is right and do not try to hide behind excuses...although I do not agree with your game style, you have my respect (I am not sure if that is what you really want  8)).

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
thanks andy, i know we get into some times. probably a little bit due to envy, i play solo for the most part and jealous of the pack style hunting. probably just need a nap to put me into a better mood.  :D

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
Boris and justice have been sat bashing players, in frustration because they cannot hit anything.

Mmmm and Andy Nard i hops in on his own Alliance who goes back into v mode......

So in the world according to Andy Nard where players who spend money on the game have no skill.

When he sits in p mode and i hops inactives.....

Well for us guys who work a full day attacking is limited.

Yes I purchased an account live with. 

Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

andy nard1

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
What are you insinuating Boris?

If you have anything to say better you report to BFG...

For the record your alliance mate Pudge might give you some timeline of what happened...unfortunately for you I will not save money and allow you to hit an inactive from my alliance.

Offline switch

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
Monkey:

So far you have managed to indirectly call me "a dork", "retarded", and "stupid" in this thread, and decided that my PMīto boris while he and Justice was group attacking a planet of mine was "nasty threatening".
I think your statements are completely ridiculous, and I am sure that most sensible mature players who read this will agree with me. Its also bad tone, and  definitely not helping the atmosphere here on the board.

-----------------

It was indeed a threat that I sent to Boris and Justice. Lets have a look at the word threat:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/threat

"Noun
threat (plural threats)
an expression of intent to injure or punish another."

Which was exactly the purpose and meaning of my message, to make a threat. To express my intent to retaliate if they decided to push through with an unprofitable attack against me.
You are only as good as your word in this game, and letting people "hurt" you without reacting is not a strategy that I choose to follow.

There is nothing wrong with threats, just empty threats. Empty threats undermine your credibility. Your actions should stay true to your words, and the other way around.

Boris and Justice took 3K sats from me for no good reason in my opinion.
They owe me 1500 each now, and when I get around to it with my play schedule, I will visit their planets and collect. If the cost of softening their defenses with nukes before I launch fleets to get those sats is smaller than the losses/fuel cost of sending just the fleet, then I will do that.
Sat bashing is not only boring, its also a waste of resources, so I will of course do it in the most cost-efficient way. This was what I meant with:

"Sat bash me, and I will return the favor with nukes/proms etc in the future"

If Boris and Justice wants to start a never-ending "bash-war" with me after I visit their planet is up to them. Personally, I have my principles and I follow them. I also make 300 millions per day, have a stubborn temper and a strong alliance and other friends at my back if things get completely out of control. Lets see.

I think my threat was reasonable and straightforward. I also took care to use a polite form and started my PM with "hello" and ending it with "thanks". Thanks for agreeing Andy btw...
There was only so many minutes left until their attack landed (in-system btw) so I also wrote it fast, and to the point so that they would have time to read it before it was too late.

Btw, if anyone wants to see some PMīs that are both "stupid", "nasty" and "retarded" in the very EXACT meaning of those words, I can post you some of the messages that Justice sent me after this episode.
He even sent me more messages the day after, even though I didn't answered his last one the day before.
I am sure Andy doesn't need to see them though, he probably has a nice big collection of PMīs like this in his own inbox.

//Luther Blissett
Luther Blissett  - Uni X2

birthmark-ant