contact
November 20, 2017, 03:41:39 AM

Author Topic: Hey guys. Suggestions please!  (Read 1152 times)

Offline struct

• View Profile
Hey guys. Suggestions please!
« on: December 15, 2012, 07:28:26 AM »
Hey guys. I'm somewhat new to this game. I've only been playing for a week or two. I've read all the available strategy guides out there but I have some more specific questions. I'm hoping you guys will give me some input, tips, etc. for my questions or anything else you think might help me out. I've been in diplomacy mode while I'm still getting things together and learning the game. Anyway, I'm hoping for some advice on a build order for buildings, research, ships, unlocks, and defenses. I would also appreciate any other advice or tips you guys would be willing to give me. Anyway let me tell you what I have so far.. I have two planets the first of which is the most developed I have:

94/163 fields in use.
Ore Mine - Level. 15
Crystal Mine - Level. 14
Hydrogen Synthesizer - Lvl. 13
Solar Array - Lvl. 16
Nuclear Power Plant - Lvl. 5
Shipyard - Lvl. 7
Research Lab - Lvl. 7
Capitol - Lvl. 7
Missle Silo - Lvl. 7
Factory - Lvl. 5
Ore Storage - Lvl. 2
Crystal Storage - Lvl. 1
Hydrogen Storage - Not Built
Resource Den - Lvl. 1
-Current Production is Ore: 1,565 / Crystal 884 / Hydrogen 310

That's all for the buildings, next is the ships:
Hermes Probe - 5
Helios Solar Satellite - 16
Artemis Class - 16
Atlas Class Cargo - 10
Apollo Class - 2
Zagreus Recycler - 6
Charon Transport - 2
Hercules Transport - 1
Dinoysus Recycler - 2
Poseidon Cruiser - 1

Defenses:
Missle Battery - 14
Laser Cannon - 23
Pulse Cannon - 3
Particle Cannon - 2
Decoy - 1
Gauss Cannon - 1

Research:
Laser Tech - Lvl. 6
Armor Tech - Lvl. 2
Weapons Tech - Lvl. 3
Shield Tech - Lvl. 6
Particle Tech - Lvl. 4
Jet Drive - Lvl. 6
A.I Tech - Lvl. 6
Energy Tech - Lvl. 6
Espionage Tech - Lvl. 4
Pulse Drive - lvl. 4
Expedition Tech - Lvl. 2
FTL Tech - Lvl. 3
Warp Drive - Lvl. 1

Workers:
Crew Droid - 11
Mine Droid - 13
Lab Droid - 2
Build Droid - 3

The second planet is much less developed. I have the mines and solar array at around lvl. 4-6 each. I have the research lab and shipyard at lvl. 1. I also have a few cargo ships but nothing much more than that. I was hoping to use this planet to make resources I can transport to my main planet as running missions every 2.5-40 minutes depending on the mission gets tiring and makes it difficult to do anything else.

Alright guys that's everything. I know it's a lot to read and I'm asking for your valuable time but I hope you will take the time to give me some advice on priority items in each area to build/research and any other tips or suggestions you would be willing to offer me. I would be willing to compensate you for your time if it is necessary but again I'd really appreciate it. Thanks everyone for your time and for any advice you might offer, Have a great day  :). You guys rock.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys. Suggestions please!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
First thing is to get out of dipmo. There are many strategies for advancing but none of them include staying in dipmo. I cant possibly give you all the info you need, (I'm an old man); but as a start, here is a transcript of a message I sent to a new player yesterday ingame who had the same question for me but without the details you provided, as a starting point:

Well, i dont know what level you are at, but at some point you will need to start searching out inactives that have little or no defenses, and raid them for their production.
Meantime, increase your capital several levels to reduce the time it takes to upgrade your mines, a final goal (down the road) would be to get your mines to 30/27/27, but at first they should all be up to about 10-12.
Get your shipyard up to at least being able to produce athenas, get a small fleet together and start raiding the easy NPCs.
Dont use up all your colony slots at this point but having two extra colonies producing resources nearby and transporting them to your main planet will also help. I would put two colonies in the same system as your main planet, dont build them too high because you may wish to abandon them later and you dont want to lose too much of an investment when you do.
Finally, try to find an alliance that isnt too aggressive and join them. A lot of the larger alliances will take on new members as trainies and also provide you with startup capital (resources) to help you get moving. I could recommend P@CT as a good choice. Talk to Fleet Admiral Rauscher and see what he has to say. He may move your request forward to the alliance leader if your goals are the same as theirs.

There is much more you need to know, but I am a firm believer in that you (or anyone) will learn faster and better by the mistakes they make. Remember that even if you get hit by a bigger player, you can never be totally destroyed.

The most important thing to remember is if you are not online, your shit should be in the air.......FRS
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:20:19 AM by lazoputz »

Offline struct

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:26:02 AM »
Well I appreciate the advice albeit second hand. Does anyone else have some more detailed advice that is unique to my situation? Thanks again guys.

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:52:28 AM »
roi was the name of the game before the time limit to tourney uni's started. basically what is going to help you get bigger? for some it is ships others it is mines others it is techs or def. pretty much the more active you are the more you are going to grow.

Offline struct

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 03:05:48 AM »
Thanks but that is not at all helpful. I need specific suggestions not second hand or very generic advice. Please people! Thanks.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
My info that I shared with you is not really "second hand", since it was me that posted the original suggestions to someone else as well. Its more like I was repeating the same thing to a second party. The ideas noted are valid, whether I spoke to you first, second, or 11th. Sorry you felt them inadequate. Perhaps you should just get in there and learn for yourself.

Offline llaubacher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »
Thanks but that is not at all helpful. I need specific suggestions not second hand or very generic advice. Please people! Thanks.

I fail to see how the suggestions provided by lazoputz were not specific, especially the one about finding a good alliance at the first place (which really helped me btw), but I followed this http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/8_Rules_to_Live_By when I started to play the game 2+ yrs ago. If you want something very specific then abandon the planet with 163 fields and get yourself one (and more) having 230+ at least. 163 fields planet won't be able to hold a proper infrastructure.

Offline struct

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 01:07:46 AM »
You are correct I didn't mean it was second hand. I just meant it was knowledge meant from someone else but I did find it helpful. I've already upgraded capitol to lvl. 9. ore mine lvl. 19, crystal 17, hydro 16, and I'm working unlocking some more powerful ships.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 01:25:52 AM »
Well good luck in the game. It has its moments.