contact
November 24, 2017, 07:40:00 AM

Author Topic: the others things in the game  (Read 15111 times)

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
Re: the others things in the game
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2016, 02:50:03 PM »
The only issue with setting up like that is that, since you will have a much more limited number of systems for targets to generate in and each system can have a maximum of 3 NPCs, unless you are the only person in the area, you will find small targets taking up most of the spaces and will not generate as many targets yourself.

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »
Who (besides like maybe the top whatever) is hitting their own targets?? And that is so true...I almost feel like I need to move some of my locations...the NPCs are sooooo green! LOL

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2016, 06:08:05 AM »
Depending on where I am in my building cycle, like really near upgrades and intense building, I end up hitting my own because I am too far behind the others around me.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2016, 06:32:08 AM »
@Empty,

If you have 7 of your planets clustered within just a few systems of each other, and a couple of outposts spaced 30 systems or so from the cluster, and you are willing to travel only 15 systems for targets, you will be missing out on around 50% of your potential spawns.

Assuming that you are in the top 5% in RSPs, you'll be spawning targets up to 100 systems from your planets.  Let's call the center of your configuration "250", and let's consider that you have planets located at 214, 244, 246, 248, 250, 252, 254, 256, 286.  Here are the percentage of each planet's spawns that will be outside of your hunting range:

214:  85% to the "left" and 13% to the "right", for an average of 49% out of range.
244:  55% to the "left" and 43% to the "right" for an average of 49% out of range.
246:  53% to the "left" and 45% to the "right" for an average of 49% out of range...

You get the drift.

Further, there IS the issue, as commander abаб mentioned, that a hostile player could set up 3 planets and cover all your spawns just as easily as you are doing.  In fact, one of the reasons why I have the type of spacing that I do is to make it more difficult for a hostile to commit a relatively small number of planets and benefit inordinately from my spawns.

With all this being said, I DO like Vashanka's setup in G4, among others. He's able to hit about 92% of his spawns, traveling no more than 15 systems.  His planetary spacing also makes it somewhat difficult for a squatter to snatch an exorbitant number of his spawns.

Offline cameleon

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »
 ;D

I guess there is not many players able to snatch AT-W's spawns...

LOL

Offline drj

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2016, 05:26:50 PM »
your players don't show red and they in the war, filth as always and your first to complain.

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »
hes green because is a bud of yours...
My enemys enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline farsan300

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2016, 11:16:52 PM »
well its been a while since i have updated my progress.

My main Planet has the following
Hydro Mine 60
Shipyard 45
Research 51
HS 49
Foundry 41

my support planets all have
research 39
Foundry 28

on my main planet ill do one more round of upgrading the research before focusing on my support planets again. With the lv54 research and max out androids, i should have the 75% for upgrading faster.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2016, 07:37:06 AM »
Hi, farsan,

That's a nice central lab you have, indeed!  I would have done it a bit differently -- raise up all the labs at a more uniform pace. 

As you know, each time you improve a lab, you spend 2x what you did for the previous level.  So, assuming that the labs all started at the same level, raising up that main lab 3 levels significantly exceeds the costs of raising up all the other labs a level.  If you spread the costs around and raise the labs up at about the same rate, you increase the effective lab level by around 7 labs, vs. the 3-lab increase you get by focusing on the central lab. 

The relative benefit gets even more lopsided, the farther ahead of the "pack" you push up that central lab.  For example, if you push up that central lab 6 levels, that is 63x the cost of that first lab upgrade.  If you bring up the labs uniformly, you can do the following:

Raise all 9 labs up the first level (for a cost of 9x first-level costs)
Raise all 9 labs up the second level (for a cost of 18x first-level costs)
Raise all 9 labs up the third level (for a cost of 36x first-level costs)

And, if push that central lab up 9 levels ahead of the pack, that is 511x times the cost of that initial lab upgrade.  So, continuing from where we left off, you can:

Raise all 9 labs up the 4th level (for a cost of 72x first level costs)
Raise all 9 labs up the 5th levels (for a cost of 144x first level costs) -- total so far of 279x of first-level costs)
Raise up 7 labs to the 6th level (for a cost of 7 x 32 = 214x first-level costs) -- total so far of 493x of first-level costs.

So, you end up with an increase in effective lab level of 52, vs. an increase in 9, and you forgo only one opportunity to put a Basic Android into your main lab.

Offline farsan300

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2016, 10:10:53 PM »
You make a great point Admiral. As of right now i am upgrading the research labs and foundries on my support planets. I just would like to add that you may want to add in the cost of upgrading the foundry into the equation cause the build time also double each time you upgrade a lab. 

birthmark-ant