contact
November 23, 2017, 06:44:41 PM

Author Topic: the others things in the game  (Read 15107 times)

Offline Beavis Christ

• Twitter - CapinJack@Pchinchak
    • View Profile
Re: the others things in the game
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
Cap 15, SY 16, Foundry 8, working to build up foundry to 10-11. Arcnet 8 completes in 110 hrs.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »
Anyone have a sense as to what the highest hydro storage level in Uni1 currently is?  I hate being limited to converting in bug gulps at Heph speed (9-hour delay!).  So, after laz and I finish our current Proms-building competition, I intend to get serious about upgrading my hydro storage.  The minimum target will be Level 21, which roughly is equivalent to a Heph.  Level 22 sounds better -- about 1.5B per conversion.  Level 23 is even better, at 2.4B or so, but it costs 8B ore and 8B crystal.  I know that I'd create millions of public works jobs on any planet where I tried to build such a thing, but I think that's a bit rich for Uni1.  If anyone has a hydro storage 23, could you comment on whether you'd do it again, or would you stop at 22?

Offline Stem1986

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 09:42:52 PM »
I am at level 22 and I am debating if I should upgrade it one more level. I do not regret having hydro storage at level 22.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 03:04:49 AM »
I am looking at level 22 as a personal cap. Not there yet though, and unlikely would I consider going farther. Of course, everyone has a different perspective of the game and what they are willing to spend in filthy lucre. Personally, I have quite often had to hire the merchant as much as 8-9 times a day to keep the wheels of commerce going, fueling my ships, building new ships that require hydro, etc. Of course my objective is to make all my planets self sufficient so as to not be constantly moving resources around. But that's just me, many players cannot spend the same amount of credits as I can, and must find methods to keep their actual credit costs to a minimum. Others feel un-oblidged to spend ANYTHING on the game and as such, must develop their infrastructure based on that. Those are just 3 philosophies of playing the game, all have their set of advantages (and disadvantages, in my case, it costs me a 12 pack of beer a week to play), and I am sure there are several other methods of acquiring the needed hydro to even play.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 02:19:52 PM »
As the targets continue to get larger, we continue to blow up more of our own ships, and thus we need to continue to increase our ship-building capabilities.

I know that a number of the largest players have built either F12's or F13's on all of their planets, to handle the ship-rebuilding load.  At least one other player (I'll let him name himself, if he wishes to do so) has at least one SY22/F14 combo.  I've recently upgraded my two SY21/F13 combos to SY21/F14s.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »
Seems like, rather than having a limit ahead of time on the Hydrogen Storage, you should have a limit on how many trades you're willing to do per day per planet and then build HS to meet that goal.  Even though SFCO is not growing as fast as X2 or Conquest it is still pretty much exponential (your growth rate is determined by the size of the NPCs you're hitting which is proportional to your size).

Offline llaubacher

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »
Since BFG is shooting themselves in a foot with those insane (IMO) NPCs, after my HS reaches lvl 22 (currently in progress), it will go to 23, it is only 16B of O&C. More hydro one can convert in one go, less credits spent.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2013, 04:37:54 PM »
Ya, since my last post, where i indicated that level 22 on hydro storage would probably be my cap, I have since decided to upgrade two of my primary build planets to level 24 ( 23 in progress)

Vastet

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »
If I remember correctly, I had a 27 in Conquest before I quit, and I wasn't the highest. I'd bet there's a few at 35+ by now.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »
Ya, but cross-referencing from different unis really doesnt work well. I should have indicated that im in SFCO.

Vastet

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »
No I figured that due to the forum, but even O will eventually get to the point where a level 30 HS would be an asset and not particularly expensive.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »
You are right, most of the npc targets i hit net about 1-5 billion resources and sometimes much more, so a couple hits allows an upgrade, and sometimes even more, its almost ridiculous but im not going to complain. The targets are available to everyone now so its a first come, first served situation

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 07:08:31 AM »
Continuing the discussion of hydro storage, I've recently upgraded my two central facilities to HS 23.  These are helping (at least momentarily!) to staunch the hemorrhaging of credits spent on merchanting.  The eventual upgrading to Level 24's, as the size of NPCs continues to increase, is a foregone conclusion.

We are all hamsters running on exercise wheels, but at least using larger and larger HS facilities enables us to better manage the credits we spend on hydro.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
As a result of continuing to blow up an increasing number of ships, I've recently upgraded my two SY21/F14 combos to SY24/FY15s.  I think this holds the current SFCO record, until llaubacher or one of the other fellows above me in the list reads this note and decides to do me one better :-)

Current production rates are as follows:  485 Proms/minute, 712 Ares/minute, and Zeus build time between 10 and 11 seconds (SFC says 10 seconds for a Zeus build).  I have 9 Basic Androids in each shipyard, to give a 36% performance boost.  I don't use the Commander that provides an additional 25% build time reduction.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 11:34:13 PM »
Nice production rates, T-Wayne. Much better than mine but i have been in a resource drought lately so doesnt matter if it takes me a while longer to build ships. I have no current plans to extend my facilities beyond sy22/f14 for now.