contact
November 19, 2017, 02:03:35 PM

Author Topic: NPCs attacking territories  (Read 830 times)

Offline Geministar

• View Profile
NPCs attacking territories
« on: April 18, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
OK, this has happened way too many times to be unplanned. I have two issues that I would like to have BFG address;

1. Within minutes (this latest time, within seconds) of me taking control of a territory, an NPC attacks.
2. NPC attacks occur from a "Wormhole" located at the site of the territory. The attack time is approximately 11 minutes (I know this because I just refreshed the screen with a difference of about 10 seconds, and the Fleet screen was clear one second, and the inbound attack was there seconds later with an attack time of 11:00). With Pulse 5, Poseidon only GD and being in the same slot as the territory, my attack time is 12:04. WTH? These NPCs have such an advantage, that it is impossible (certainly at this stage of the game) to send a GD in time to protect your territory.

Yesterday, I had to reclaim a territory 4 times just from NPCs on the same territory, each time, a subsequent NPC attack occurred within minutes. I don't mind the res from later crushing their fleet, but my ownership of the territory is limited to less than 10 minutes in each case. I'd really like to get an explanation as to why this design decision was made.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: NPCs attacking territories
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 02:34:56 PM »
The script runs approximately every 5 minutes with a chance for an NPC fleet to attack your territory. If you intend to hold a territory you should send a sufficient fleet to ensure it's safety from the start. Otherwise, it is intended that the territories change hands frequently between players and NPCs.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Geministar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
That's fine, except that it appears that the NPCs are scaling with the player holding the territory. Since that is the case, the player is forced to expend the majority, if not all, of their fleet to hold a territory. The problem occurs that you cannot do other fleet related activities (attacking NPCs, territories, or other players) during that time frame. I'm not sure that a 10% bonus to build times is worth tying up the fleet for. Perhaps its just better to let the NPCs come and then reclaim afterwards so that I can turn their fleet into df for profit...a trap scenario in other words.

BTW, I noticed another interesting bit; during the attack of the NPC on my territory, the territory shifted to a new location with about 2 minutes left before the attack landed. Thus, the NPC missed the attack and my GD'ing fleet remained in place safely. LOL!

Offline Geministar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:52:56 PM »
After the move, a new attack started within about 7 minutes. That script running every 5 minutes, the chance for an NPC to attack isn't set to 100% is it? Because I don't think I ever go for 10 minutes without one attacking...just saying.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:11:29 PM »
After the move, a new attack started within about 7 minutes. That script running every 5 minutes, the chance for an NPC to attack isn't set to 100% is it? Because I don't think I ever go for 10 minutes without one attacking...just saying.

It's actually set to a fairly low percentage, but you seem to be having all the luck. Have you done something to anger the NPCs?
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Geministar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 03:18:33 PM »
:)

Besides destroying their fleets and taking all of their booze?

Nope, can't think of anything...

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
I'm thinking that as long as territories come with no substantial defense, and you don't have Esp 8 to tell what exactly is attacking you, it may be wiser not to try to defend territories.  Once there is 1) defense for a recapture to overcome and 2) you can tell more or less what the cost of a defense stands will be, then the intended play style will make more sense.  If you have the fortitude to test your luck the other way, you may win big, but it's a gamble.

Offline general

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 07:09:12 PM »
Matt Tell me how to upset the MT,s please as i get fed up waiting for them, and i hold a few .

birthmark-ant