contact
September 24, 2017, 07:26:43 PM

Author Topic: Someone Got OUCHED Big time.  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Re: Someone Got OUCHED Big time.
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2013, 10:56:37 PM »
One more to Matt, exploring "the rules".

Matt, it seems to me that a group of players who tell you, before hand, that they are going to destroy each other's fleets, that they will give you reports that you can use to remove any gained RSPs and DSPs, and that they then do so, are playing perfectly within at least the spirit of the rules.  In such a situation, it is clear that no one is playing for personal gain.  No one gains DSPs, no one gains RSPs.  There is no devising of a scheme to push resources.  On the contrary, that group of players has demonstrated that they are making every effort to ensure that their activities result in no pushing.

I know that you fellows are trying to move to a "zero tolerance" mode of operation, where everything is done per the letter of the rules, but I personally think that a clearly expressed intention to not gain advantage, followed up by actions that remove any advantage, are grounds for a bit of tolerance.  We all are humans here, we play this game for fun.  If no one else is damaged, if no one achieves an unfair advantage, how does a bit of tolerance hurt?

Maybe I'm too much of a libertarian.

Vastet

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »
See you're basically asking the BFG support team to modify the game just so some players can break the rules without actually breaking the rules. Unless you're paying them for the work I see no reason why they should oblige. Taking on the task even once invites repitition, meaning even more unfunded work for them in the future. They have enough to deal with without having to sort through another 5 dozen battle reports every time someone wants an epic battle that contravenes the rules. If you really want to go out in a blaze of glory then split your fleet and attack/defend an inactive or a territory, and either let whoever sees the df first go for it or grab it yourself.

Offline new starr federation

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »
everyone of you involved in the suspension were veteran players..you played dumb as if you didnt know a scheme involving big battles were illegal..

besides if you was really worried about it as u pretended to be you could have simply sent the ticket in before you pull off this scheme..but you didnt and you broke the rules and and cheated all other gamers in the uni the opportunity to be first to find the retirees abandoned fleets and resources..

and if you wanted to do it right u send out a mass mesg to everyone in a pm and board post and walk away..he who is quickest to launch would then have gotten the DSP and resources..there also is another quitting technique that ive seen happen and that is where you ditch the alliance and Skype a few of your favorite players that u want to benefit from killing off your accounts a secret heads up that u send ships out on a three day FRS and also walk away..most times this would seem to go undetected..but i wouldnt advise it because it also is a type of scheme..

last but not least.. if u was quitting why care about pulling this off..u say your done so that would mean ur not EVER going to be back.. so why leave a bad legacy like that behind? jus my two cents worth..later good luck in RL wingnut and the others..

btw..i wouldnt pull anything illegal in RL because it wouldnt be a suspension it would be prison time..
Watch out here i come..

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2013, 11:36:09 PM »
New starr - I believe the problem here lies in the fact that the corporate board members wanted to liquify all of their purchased assets, so that they could then transfer and distribute those liquified assets to other specifically chosen board members.

They refused to leave it to "chance" that someone else would liquify their purchased assets, and collect the earnings,... they wanted to decide who gets their assets, and that's where the problem is...

However, it's against the rules to liquify your own purchased assets in this game - so they were trying to find a way to do it legally - which doesn't exist.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline new starr federation

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »
yeah but it doesnt work like that monkey..from my understanding when u quit thats it..as i said..u could always do a long fleet save and let the account go inactive and hopefully people u wanted to get the big points will get them..this seems like such a ridiculous deal..none of them truly believed they wer quote un quote trying their hardest to be legal while pulling off this scheme..if you believe that than u arent as wise as i gave you credit for.. it was an admission of guilt to alert them of such activity because they knew this was definitely going to end in the almighty (s)..

anyways im outta here..ive got hunting to do..this is all a waste of my time i should have even started my rant about such stupidity..my bad..forget i posted everyone...later..
Watch out here i come..

Offline gypsy88

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2013, 07:41:05 PM »
Its only cheating if you get caught??? So remember don't get caught...

Offline Amber Hatfield

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2013, 04:46:26 AM »
Amber is down to one planet, max.  Richie Rich is playing "Rich Uncle" and is distributing his remaining res to friends.

Anyone who thought these guys intended to hang around as viable players, after mutually destroying the fleets that they had, must have been smoking some pretty hallucinogenic stuff.

That is correct T-Wayne. I have 1 planet located in 22:345. If you probe it you will see there are not even any mines. There is also or should be a Capital I as I have not logged in since I finished liquidating my fleet and resources.

Richie is still stuck with a few ships that he is trying to use for moon shots so he can wrap up his game play.
Dungeon Mistress Amber

Offline Amber Hatfield

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2013, 05:02:24 AM »
I havent seen any activity Psiosa is still "s" with an added "I"; Wingnut; while no longer in "s" is in "d" but havent seen her ingame. The rest; I dont know; I think Ken deleted his planets but not positive.

Lazo is also right. Psi has never logged back in after the first "s" as he had given away all his resources prior to us taking out his fleet. He was totally done wrapping up his game before the first attack.
Wingy is still in the game because she has promised some moon shots to a few people but she had a pre-planned vacation and company coming for a visit so she went into D mode until she could get back to give those moon shots and to make sure Indy and all the new officers were in place as almost all of us that quit were officers. Her plan is to stay D until she is finished with company, then she can give those moon shots to get rid of her remaining ships.
And yes, Kenny deleted all his planets. I have not chatted with him on Skype lately to see if he finished giving away resources and blowing up the rest of his fleet or not, but if he has not he will soon and then he will go "i" also.

But I can guarantee we are all done actively playing this game.
Dungeon Mistress Amber

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »
Alth0ugh; as they say; all g00d things must c0me t0 an end; it was a sad day f0r me t0 see s0 many great players leave the game "en masse". I had m0re fun playing al0ngside th0se NTA members than any 0ther aspect 0f the game.

Offline Richie Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2017, 01:24:13 AM »
All good things come to an end............. but curiosity gets the better of you!   :o

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2017, 03:33:01 AM »
I'm super irritated that someone commented on this old thread... I thought I was seeing some new drama until I got to page 2 or 3 and realized the year said 2013. :o

I spent way too much time reading an old thread. LOL

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2017, 07:11:53 AM »
I am glad I saw it about 4 posts in. *LOL*