contact
November 19, 2017, 02:02:36 PM

Author Topic: Probes need to be removed from fleet count  (Read 2402 times)

The Soloist

Probes need to be removed from fleet count
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »
I feel this should be true in all universes, but in this one especially, probes need to be removed from fleet count ranking.

I have over 500k probes and plan on building another 500k today.  I do not like how that inflates my fleet rank.

I have this many probes because I frequently need hydrogen at locations that may not have enough to launch an attack.  With as much crystal as I have, I would like to have 10 million probes.

At 10% speed, they are still really fast transports at reasonable (in emergency) hydrogen cost.

The negative is it looks like I am trying to inflate my fleet rank, and I am not.

Offline .Ez

• View Profile
Re: Probes need to be removed from fleet count
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 10:25:17 PM »
i have 6k probes and thought that was alot
RAGE

Offline Leebelee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:26:56 PM »
Agreed

Bfg should look into updating the Leaderboard aspect completely, more detail for sure in some areas, Leaderboards used to reflect on how good a player you are, I am rank 3 at time of posting and I am not even trying and by no means as good as players I have come across in my time.

Vastet

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 10:39:36 PM »
I agree. I think fleet points should factor rsp in fleet a lot more. I don't have even 100k but I do have tens of thousands. It was both the only way to spend enough crystal so I could fleetsave plus as mentioned if you have enough probes it can be ridiculously useful to transfer hundreds of thousands or millions or more res in a minute or so round trip. And they are also the best ship for moonshots. But my fleet rank makes it look like I'm a lot more powerful than I am when I have 80000 probes and 133000 fleet points.

Offline wesnalk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:32:37 AM »
i have about 6k probes too where are these probes located and do you leave them overnight?!? :P

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »
thats idiotic probes have to stay in fleet count...they are awesome in battles as ships only rapid fire on them 5 times...in a crystal heavy uni they are one of the best ships you can built...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »
Moros and Erebus can only hit 3 of them per round, and the individual shot power of Erebus is so low that one hit from an Erebus may not even trigger the possibility of explosion.  Zeus and Thanatos do have healthy RF against them, though.

Offline wesnalk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 03:14:56 PM »
yeah attacking with zeus and thanes is just funny

Vastet

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »
thats idiotic probes have to stay in fleet count...they are awesome in battles as ships only rapid fire on them 5 times...in a crystal heavy uni they are one of the best ships you can built...

Then why does 700 Artemis kill 6000 probes every time?

Offline Plane Nutz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
700 arts x 5 shots = 3,500 shots per round. two rounds and 6000 probes are toast, ignoring the overlapping fire, which would probably make it go a little longer.
The best DSP is delivered right to your door!

Offline Plane Nutz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
Especially against a Moros and Erebus heavy force, probes are great decoys. Plus of all ships in the game, with the crystal overflows I have on a regular basis, probes are the least painful to rebuild.

Vastet

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:43 PM »
i have about 6k probes too where are these probes located and do you leave them overnight?!? :P

I did leave 6k out once or twice when I was looking for moons, but I frs them with the rest of my stuff now. Sorry. :P

@ Plane Nutz
Yep. Shows I should be finishing my coffee before I try basic maths in the morning. lol

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 08:06:56 AM »
You forget that a solar sat is also a ship.

The fleet count is total ships which includes sats and probes.  You want the exact compo of someone you gotta work.

Taking out probes just sounds silly.

Of course having a whole bunch of probes is a good idea.
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

Offline Plane Nutz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 08:10:06 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if someone has made a spreadsheet for that. Enter espi reports of all planets, fleet points, and total RSP and it makes a close guess of what they have out hiding in a harvest or attack somewhere.

Offline Kinkstaah

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »
Your probes have been removed.    Good day

birthmark-ant