contact
November 24, 2017, 07:42:40 AM

Author Topic: Free at last!!!  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
Free at last!!!
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »
WOOT! Tourny over.

Now I remember why I hate playing two unis at once. Still, thanks to BFG for trying out  a retro-type uni like many people asked, I for one liked being reacquainted with mining.

I'll claim #1 credit free overall and RSP rank! claim to fame! :)

Vastet

Re: Free at last!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »
Yeah it was great. And I claim #1 rsp, fleet, achievement, and research rank. All for the low cost of $0 of my personal cash. :D

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »
 ;D  I dunno why people are so proud of not paying their way...instead of claiming bogus achievements, you should be starting a thread to thank those that pay for you to play!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline nitehealer

• It is what it is
    • Facebook - alicia.ashmore.1
    • View Profile
    • Raid healing
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 04:17:36 AM »
I payed to play, and I enjoyed coming in at 16 lol since it was my first uni/tourney ever.  I had to learn on the go.
~Que Sera Sera~

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:04:20 AM »
I claim I claim I claim

I was the first in game to take a top 10 players fleet, finished no 1 overall and for DSP

Only one rank that matters and as I said before I was only keeping it warm for Ken (anyone can claim what they want but no one would have caught him), I pretty much gave up in the last 7-10 days, hell I ddint even start farming unitl 3-4 weeks from the end after Vas was telling me how much he was making! I could have blasted the RSP off the chart but I stopped building and stopped research and was only playing about 5 hours a day on and off this last week. I just hid it well :)

I think Pantin is correct in that the basic format is good and it shows you what good infastructure can do but now I can relax and go back to being retired

Oh and one last point <-points is how you win; so someone could in theory have just kept (insert gameplay style here) and won as long as you accumulate points and that total overall is the higher amount than your peers

You were, and all have been Exiled!
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Vastet

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 11:25:55 AM »
You probably could have had half again as much rsp if you'd started farming earlier. I had AI 14 and, whenever I had the time, constantly had 14 fleets out farming. 15 quite often, as whenever I had a 8 minute return time I'd launch the 15th quite safely.

Offline Leela

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »
I also would like to thank BFG for trying this retro style uni/tourney it was a lot of fun. I too was retired from all the games after trying that disastrous Conquest then I heard about this tourney unfortunately I only found out about it 3 days after it had already started. None the less I started playing and thoroughly enjoyed it. Starting so late and not having a lot of time to play I had to change my playing style considerably. I did not have the time to spend waiting for good field planets  so went with what I got, I  paid to play by using neutrality markers to build fleet when I was off line and the only time I farmed was for 2 days when I needed resources to build my heph. I do not have a claim to fame I only had goals when I started to be in the top 50, build a heph  and hit 100,000 in dsp and mostly to have a good time with those I aligned with. I am happy to say I was able to achieve all of them thanks to those I played the game with. So thank you to all of you who made this game fun, you know who you are!!   ;)   

Offline Eagles Foot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 12:37:57 PM »
I enjoyed this one too... I was 3 days late starting too. Think we need a better heads up on next version. Maybe a message 1 week before it starts on all versions.

That way we can get more to join in, and even save our money to start off with credits. ;)

Offline silly_me

• Skype - elvis.perlsly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
If you're not first, you're last - Ricky Bobby

and I purchased geologist, engineer, spymaster, and several p modes so I could start playing as soon as I wanted to and not have to read (99) espionage, [missle attack, missle attack, missle attack] insanity every time I logged in.
I say "you're welcome" you ungrateful b******.  Do you really want BFG to start making you watch commercials and ads?

Don't like people being in p mode? then don't nuke and farm them every time they frs for 8 hours.... DUH!!!!!??!?!?!
Don't like people being in p mode?  use openparser to figure out when they will be online again, don't probe them every 5 minutes all night long.  still nothin' there, probe again, still nothin' there, probe again, still nothin' there, probe again.  Some of us can't play and log in to (99+ messages) every time.
don't like people being in p mode?  stop playing like an idiot.

actually, I'd still use p mode, ain't nothing better than sitting down and NOT having to wait 2 hours for your fleet to come in.  it's awesome.

elvis perlsly
(not elvis presley)

Offline silly_me

• Skype - elvis.perlsly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »
oh, and congrats to the strong finishers, vas, eugine, pantin, and whoever else was on top when I finished paying attention.

elvis perlsly
(not elvis presley)

Vastet

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 01:52:38 AM »
"If you're not first, you're last - Ricky Bobby"

If you watch that movie again, you'll find he'd changed his mind by the end. ;)

Besides, the vast majority of the global population disagrees. That's why there are silver and bronze. Being third means you were better than all but two people.

Offline Eagles Foot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »
Or you get a metal for just showing up... Isn't that how it works now in the real world. ;)

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 03:06:19 PM »
Ya, dont you hate that..."participation badges" sheesh

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 08:39:27 PM »
 ;D  hey you gonna play the next tourney laz?   would be interesting to play a uni against you!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline lytjohan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »
i may join up - seems a very short tourney - atleast doable :-)