contact
September 24, 2017, 07:18:33 PM

Author Topic: What alliance finished on top in season 4?  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Leela

• View Profile
What alliance finished on top in season 4?
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »
Matt, can you tell us which alliance finished #1, there was quite a battle to the finish on who would take the number 1 spot...

Also congrats to Eugine on finishing #1 overall....it was a fun tourney... :)

Offline brakeman

• Living life
    • View Profile
Re: What alliance finished on top in season 4?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Great job to all players who stayed till end!!

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 10:22:50 PM »
yes it was a bit weird to recruit players in the top 100 in the last two days, I didn't expect that given ANH was far ahead most of the game. It was kind of fun but weird. Maybe something to be done for future games, count in alliance points only players being members for more than a few days - and with no suspension. That would make the alliance part of the game less artificial.

Vastet

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:28:13 PM »
Well ANH wouldn't even have been close to [?:?:?] if alliances had been restricted to 15 players. Being #1 just because you've got as many members as the next 3 alliances combined is a hollow victory. I think alliance member maximums should be 1/3 as much as they were. It would be far more competitive given the number of players in the tournament.

Offline silly_me

• Skype - elvis.perlsly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 12:10:54 AM »
that's why you go by average, not the total.  a big alliance is just a shelter for multi accounts and farms.

elvis perlsly
(not elvis presley)

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 12:14:08 AM »
I've was out sick yesterday and today. I'll try and post them as soon as possible.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 02:41:42 AM »
I agree the maximum number of player was too big with regard to the number of players, but we should try to have more players, not to make alliances smaller.
Then an alliance ranking does make sense if there is some stability in the composition of alliances. If people leave their alliance to hunt their former mates then go back in the last hour to add their points to the alliance they were hunting it just makes the alliance ranking absurd in my opinion.

Offline nitehealer

• It is what it is
    • Facebook - alicia.ashmore.1
    • View Profile
    • Raid healing
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 04:16:40 AM »
lol <3 when Vas gets all fiesty!!!

but yeah winning cause you have tons of people is retarded.  Should be a balance!
~Que Sera Sera~

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 08:09:19 AM »
Best Alliance simply put was Exiled

Simply put the ethos of Exile is profit above all else and team work - my team in game was X-Ray, Vas, Ken, Iconic, Riker and a few others that I worked with and scouted targets for and we all hit for profit, everything else was simply game basics of working on infastructure.

Alliance scores should eliminate all memebers that are (i) (I) (s) and only have active players count at the end of the tourney - Maybe a happy medium of a 20-25 member cap as the smaller allainces have and always will be the better for average as they tend to be a smaller group of focused individuals and mass alliances tend to take the brute strength in numbers approach. That much is basic maths and obvious

Once again You were, and all have been Exiled!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:11:59 AM by Phil M »
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Leela

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »
I agree the maximum number of player was too big with regard to the number of players, but we should try to have more players, not to make alliances smaller.
Then an alliance ranking does make sense if there is some stability in the composition of alliances. If people leave their alliance to hunt their former mates then go back in the last hour to add their points to the alliance they were hunting it just makes the alliance ranking absurd in my opinion.

With all due respect Duanra your last statement is absurd....was it not ANH who recruited Ken in the last hour, a player who was NEVER a member of ANH and had no doubt hunted every one of your fleets and had publicly retired from the tourney to go on vacation...ANH also brought back Commander C (also publicly retired from the game) in the last hours of the tourney . lol

I am really looking forward to seeing who did finish on top when Matt is feeling better and gets around to posting it.

Vastet

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »

With all due respect Duanra your last statement is absurd....was it not ANH who recruited Ken in the last hour, a player who was NEVER a member of ANH and had no doubt hunted every one of your fleets and had publicly retired from the tourney to go on vacation...ANH also brought back Commander C (also publicly retired from the game) in the last hours of the tourney . lol

I am really looking forward to seeing who did finish on top when Matt is feeling better and gets around to posting it.

+1

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 02:36:35 PM »
sorry guys...no one recruited me..i joined them because I wanted to read their forum..as it was the biggest alliance I figured biggest most active forum...I care not about alliances in a tourney..its all about the best player winning to me..alliance ranking really means nothing in a tourney
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 03:59:46 PM »
It's exactly what I meant... it is weird to recruit in the last days or hours.

Actually I had not recruited in the last month until two days before the end when I realized Wormhole was recruiting to get the first place at the ranking. I think we lost when pantin eventually joined Wormhole.

And just for the story, Ken already played ANH in season 2 (even if only one or two weeks) and in original I think (but that's really a different story).

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 04:02:16 PM »
oh... and I don't think we were the biggest alliance (with 27 members two days before the end), just the top one for most of the game.

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 04:09:23 PM »
Another thing, we got Commander C back to help us the last day, but he was in ANH before retiring so that's a completely different case. Another thing I am proud is we had no suspended player.

Well it was a nice season. We all know who were the best players, many of them were in Wormhole who was the best alliance in average points anyway. Some don't consider the alliances, but I like the alliance game. It would be nice if we could improve the game on that matter and make the alliance ranking means something.

birthmark-ant