contact
September 19, 2017, 11:43:59 AM

Author Topic: What alliance finished on top in season 4?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
Re: What alliance finished on top in season 4?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »
yup..i played season two for the last bit in anh...I was also one of the original founders of anh back when it was starwars training alliance at the beginning of sfco
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline buckweed 1

• “ Load up drop in and kick ass”
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
Matt, can you tell us which alliance finished #1, there was quite a battle to the finish on who would take the number 1 spot...

Also congrats to Eugine on finishing #1 overall....it was a fun tourney... :)

when i last looked at the leader board before it closed was ?????

congrats to Ugine and to  Exiled for getting to the top spot, i didn't notice any cheating or bad boy tactics from him ,only true exiled skill :)
Have fun always:)

heph kills : lost count
zeus kills : lost count

still playing
uni 3
nova
ereodon

Offline Dark One

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 10:01:22 PM »
To be fair to wormhole they did not recruit me at the last minute, it was my idea to add my points to their total as again most of my buddies were in the alliance.

Vastet

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
oh... and I don't think we were the biggest alliance (with 27 members two days before the end), just the top one for most of the game.

Think again. Wormhole had 15 or so members and was 200M points behind ANH who had 28 members shortly before you had a recruiting drive at the end, which Wormhole decided to match so you wouldn't get a cheap #1. No other alliance had close to ANH's player count. Even at the very end ANH had at least 10 more people than Wormhole.

And you can be proud you didn't have a suspended player all you like, but Wormhole had no cheaters either. The suspended would have been kicked out if he'd been suspended for cheating.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:30:48 PM by Vastet »

Offline Slimshady

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »
Your looking for T4 alliance leaders, hell they haven't even posted T3 alliance standings yet so you may have a long wait.

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »
Think again. Wormhole had 15 or so members and was 200M points behind ANH who had 28 members shortly before you had a recruiting drive at the end, which Wormhole decided to match so you wouldn't get a cheap #1. No other alliance had close to ANH's player count. Even at the very end ANH had at least 10 more people than Wormhole.

And so what is the conclusion ? That ANH keeps its members even if they don't have time to play actively ? We don't remove members without a good reason if you wonder.
Had we kept only 15 members just to compare with Wormhole : our 15th on the leaderboard is ranked #51 and Wormhole 15th is #55. It's quite similar with Wormhole having more top 10 players at the end. The reason ANH is a great alliance is because we keep a friendly atmosphere whatever the strength of our members.

And as I said earlier, I had not recruited in the last month until two days before the end when it was clear Wormhole was recruiting to take the first place (a bit too late I think, my mistake given the ranking system). Our last message in the welcome thread was 27 days old when I accepted new members. More precisely four new members (including Commander C).

Then it's only the game. Well done to Wormhole and congrats to the winners.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:34:04 PM by Duanra »

Vastet

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 01:44:01 AM »
"And so what is the conclusion?"

That ANH gets #1 in uni's through huge member counts. And has done so for years.

"That ANH keeps its members even if they don't have time to play actively ?"

Most alliances do that. Only elite alliances don't. And while those alliances are always below ANH overall, they are usually much higher in average and dsp.

"Had we kept only 15 members just to compare with Wormhole : our 15th on the leaderboard is ranked #51 and Wormhole 15th is #55. It's quite similar with Wormhole having more top 10 players at the end."

Showing that Wormhole was the stronger and more capable alliance, and would only lose #1 to ANH because ANH had a huge number of players.

"And as I said earlier, I had not recruited in the last month until two days before the end when it was clear Wormhole was recruiting to take the first place (a bit too late I think, my mistake given the ranking system)."

Until ANH started recruiting at the end there were only 3 new Wormhole members, and one of those threw...

Vastet

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 01:44:10 AM »
...his fleet away. I can't speak for Riker or Elvis, but I'd promised Brakemen a month and a half previously that I'd join when Boom dissolved in the final week, a scheduled event.
And I'll note that Pantin left a couple hours after I joined, so my addition didn't equate to much of a difference anyway.

The real recruiting didn't begin until the last day, after ANH had added at least five new players, three of which were in the top 30. Ken, Zeus3, and Doom all joined ANH before Dark One (Yum Yum), X-Ray, and Pantin joined Wormhole.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:45:46 AM by Vastet »

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 02:19:21 AM »
"And so what is the conclusion?"

That ANH gets #1 in uni's through huge member counts. And has done so for years.

I don't see your point, you must have something against ANH, really.
All unis since nova have a limit of 50 members for each and every alliance. All unis, all alliances. You can use this limit or stay below. The time where ANH had over 2200 members (the original universe) ... old story.

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 02:28:37 AM »
The real recruiting didn't begin until the last day, after ANH had added at least five new players, three of which were in the top 30. Ken, Zeus3, and Doom all joined ANH before Dark One (Yum Yum), X-Ray, and Pantin joined Wormhole.

We probably haven't played the same game. Zeus3 and Doom have joined ANH after Wormhole took the first place through recruiting (this is allowed !) to help us get the first place back. We noticed pantin was in Wormhole 72 minutes before the end and after a few minutes Ken joined ANH (this was a surprise for us as well, and a good laugh).

Anyway I wasn't arguing who joined which alliance at which hour of the day... only that it would be more interesting for the alliance ranking if we found some regulations with regard to recruiting and how to count the alliance points. I would be for counting only members that joined more than a few days before and are not marked (i) (I) or (s). Or do some kind of average of the alliance points in the whole tournament (every day points), which is probably even more interesting but may need more coding.

Offline Leela

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
As Dark One (yum yum) already stated wormhole did not recruit him it was his decision to seek them out, Pantin was previously a member of wormhole and rejoined them, as for myself I offered my points to wormhole after first confirming I would not take any ranking away from the alliance I was in by doing so. It was very apparent that ANH desperately wanted to take the number 1 ranking away from wormhole I just wanted to make that task a little harder for them.  ;D   

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
If its any help (probs not) the above is correct - both the guys from boom had said that as boom closes in the last 2 weeks that they would more than likley go to ?:?:? and to be fair it was all the one allaince at the start of the game which no one seems to have commented on

Most of these guys were in Empire bar a few then Ken left and the more active players went with Ken, that must have been about 3-4 days in then ?:?:? was formed by Brakemen and a few other guys went with him. I went solo as i didnt have a clue what was going on and didnt know anyone in any of the allainces and thats the way I stayed.

In the last hour ?:?:? was ahead but i never refreshed at 18:00 and when i did I got a game down notice so never saw what changes in the last hour made to the ranks and never even got a chance to reply to the messages that people were sending me :(
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline ...

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 08:59:43 PM »
wormhole had the better average and overall standings in points to answer the original question. All the bickering is pointless. Who cares if ANH has more members or inactive ones. Maybe they recruited players to join to take #1 or some joined them on their own kind of what happened with ?.?.? as players joined them. So anh wanted #1 and they didn't get it, at least there was some excitement at the end.

Vastet

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 11:26:34 AM »
"I don't see your point"

Sure you do. You just don't want to admit it.

"you must have something against ANH, really."

Ridiculous. I have something against ANH recruiting twice as many players as any other alliance just so they can get #1 sure. But at the same time I love a good farm, and noone has more farms than ANH because of your tactics of recruiting so many players.

"We probably haven't played the same game. Zeus3 and Doom have joined ANH after Wormhole took the first place through recruiting"

You're delusional. Wormhole took #1 through skill. Hits and builds. THEN you went on a recruiting drive, and THEN Wormhole did the same.

"Anyway I wasn't arguing who joined which alliance at which hour of the day"

Yes, you were.

"Or do some kind of average of the alliance points in the whole tournament (every day points), which is probably even more interesting but may need more coding."

You'd have been 4th or 5th if it were done by average. :P

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 12:51:14 PM »
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

birthmark-ant