contact
September 19, 2017, 11:41:01 AM

Author Topic: Season 5 Feedback- What would YOU change about the tournament?  (Read 6923 times)

Offline Leela

• View Profile
Re: Season 5 Feedback- What would YOU change about the tournament?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »
to the best of my knowledge - he wasnt online for atleast 5-10 minutes after the attack .. i may be wrong - but nothing happend - until i decided to try attack another of his colonies - and there was a certain amount of time going on there - also he did not create any dios for quite a while - i was able to go 1 time to pick up debris before anything happend - dont have the reports anymore though - so cant say for certain - but i think its a bit much trying to get fleet back on that one.

Well that certainly puts a new spin on things..lol

Although I have heard it said more than a few times players have lost fleets while they were online the whole time because of the fast attack times and the " under attack icon"  did not appear on their screen till after the attack...

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »
this is supposed to be a tournament for seasoned veterans....its been well known for ages that the planet under attack does not light immediately..we have been hearing about this for ages from those that have lost their fleets..suck it up, rebuild and remember that we are all under the same disadvantage...that makes it fair for all!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline lytjohan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 10:11:31 PM »
So you're flunky. :)

hehe yea - bit late starting for real - but trying to catch up - or atleast get to a decent place before it ends :P

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 12:49:18 AM »
I have regained my rightfull place\

| Rank: #1

Rank

Name

Tag

Destroyed Ship Points

1  Grand Warlord Ken Miller‎  FU  1,180,408 
2  Supreme Conqueror Fleet Smasher‎  NO P  1,155,340 
3  High Warlord Celtic Fury‎  ANH  927,304 
4  Grand Admiral flunky‎  FU  345,321 
5  Admiral SAY NO TO P MODE‎ (s)  no fear  286,476 
6  High Warlord Stabby McKnife‎  ...☠...  250,998 
7  Fleet Admiral Ares‎  Q  236,249 
8  Supreme Commander Mama‎  ...☠...  228,304 
9  Grand Admiral >GameOver<‎  FU  219,657 
10  Fleet Admiral Smurf Killer‎  ...☠...  153,886 
suck it up monkey boy!

Vastet

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 02:03:35 AM »
I bet it hurt a little having to leave last uni.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 02:22:45 AM »
yup a bit!...well now im even better in dsp..fuemin and warguy and celtic fury ninjaed an attack of mine...basically traded rsp for dsp...big winner was warguy who got most of the debris!
suck it up monkey boy!

Vastet

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 05:15:16 AM »
He got some revenge for last tournament lol

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »
 ;D...lol..he got revenge for two more fleets this tourney as well...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:51 PM »
It was never set in stone at what exact time interval the incoming alert appeared, but I was told a long time ago that it was 10% of the total time it takes for the attack to land.  So if you attack me in system, and your hades take 10 minutes to get there, it would show up with 9 minutes remaining on the attack.

You're wrong. The game checks for incoming attacks every 5 minutes and the check time is set at a different time for everyone. If there is one at the time of the check then the ! will appear. It has nothing to do with total attack flight time.

So, again, lack of knowledge doesn't make anything a glitch.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 01:59:58 AM »
I would make it like Tourney 4 was with the speeds of tourney 5, also one an a half or 2 months duration.

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 02:37:59 AM »
You're wrong. The game checks for incoming attacks every 5 minutes and the check time is set at a different time for everyone. If there is one at the time of the check then the ! will appear. It has nothing to do with total attack flight time.

So, again, lack of knowledge doesn't make anything a glitch.

I never claimed to be right.  Just because someone once told me a UFO flew over their house and stole their cat doesn't mean it's true.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »
 ;D...why the hell would they want a cat?...puppies taste much better! :P
suck it up monkey boy!

Vastet

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 03:03:34 PM »
Cats are great hunting partners. You catch more puppies with one.

Offline Dark One

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 08:24:28 AM »
Sorry but I have to disagree with most here. Just because a gaming mechanic originally worked using the original parameters doesn't mean that it is now not a glitch. The fact that other parameters, in this case speed, have changed causes something to happen in the game which is unacceptable and brings it into glitch territory. If a car manufacturer used the same brakes as were used on the model T on a modern car designed to go much faster it wouldn't be acceptable, they were designed to do a job and still do that job but it would be unacceptable because a parameter has changed.

The other side of this coin is to go back to original and other units and alter the time setting so that in original you don't get an attack warning light up for 30 minutes then judge the amount of complaints.

We know some people don't see attacks because they just press buttons which don't cause full page refreshes, but this is something different. This is the first time I have heard an BFG actually give a reason why this would happen. It may not be a reason to return someone's fleet as there can be no definitive proof that that is the reason why a fleet was lost rather just not paying slightly enough attention and it could not be applied retrospectively.

As much as I would like a cloaking device and I am now working on getting my warp speeds faster to bring down my in system attacks. This should be fixed and quickly.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 05:02:32 PM »
 :(...the problem is I doubt bfg is going to change the way everything works for a quick tourney...instaed because of the whining they probably will find it much easier to just not have another fast uni
suck it up monkey boy!

birthmark-ant