contact
September 19, 2017, 11:41:45 AM

Author Topic: Any news on when/if there will be a T6?  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
Re: Any news on when/if there will be a T6?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
I know your busy with hired guns

Not just Hired Guns, but the server upgrades for all universes.

I think you owe us that much

There is no contract.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »
I am on vacation but should be back in the office tomorrow. I'll try and get an update soon.

Sent from my Moto X

Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 03:36:42 AM »
QUICK...IM GETTING BORED!...A.D.D.
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Alldow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
so am I. So just when will T6 start?

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 10:06:32 PM »
so am I. So just when will T6 start?

We're currently planning Season 6, but we need to finish updating our code to get some performance gains and resolve some hosting issues before we move forward.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 01:48:27 AM »
We do not have a launch planned for Season 6 yet. If I had to guess, it likely won't occur until at least the end of January.

We're currently planning Season 6, but we need to finish updating our code to get some performance gains and resolve some hosting issues before we move forward.
Season 6 .

We are now at the end of February, and still waiting for Season 6 .

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2014, 01:56:10 AM »
And we're in the same situation we were on February 8, 2014.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline madman 2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »
another words we are in the same place as we where three months ago, nothing new not even an idea as to want will be in T-6, sorry matt but this is getting kinda old

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »
After discussing Tournaments with the team today we've opted to discontinue them moving forward. Unfortunately, while we believe the Tournaments were fun, due to the low participation rate we are unable to bear the cost of planning, building, and running them. If you are a player that had purchased credits remaining in the Universe, you may submit a ticket to the support desk and I will move those to another Universe for you as soon as possible.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Alldow

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 04:12:47 AM »
I for one am sorry to hear that you guys at BFG opted to discontinue the Tournaments. I for one will miss them. I would like to thank you for the five we did have as they were fun as for the other Universe I have quit playing them all but Conquest and HG and I was just playing them while I was waiting for T6 now I will have think about cont. playing those two or just stop playing. I would like to thank you all at BFG for the many years of game playing I have enjoyed.

Allen  (Alldow)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:04:19 AM by Alldow »

Offline madman 2

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 04:56:58 AM »
I believe that BFG made their biggest mistake as most of the money players will now stop playing along with a lot of others

kru

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 05:03:51 AM »
I believe that BFG made their biggest mistake as most of the money players will now stop playing along with a lot of others

scusey?

do you understand business?  do you understand that if it costs a company more money to develo, build, run and maintain a game then that universe returns it is not viable?

You cannot expect money earned from games to fund a singular game which barely has 300 players for the duration.

In the meantime, what we find is that the quality of service being provided on the other games reduces due to maintaining one which has no return.

Now, correct me if i am wrong here, but BFG have always stood their ground by stating they would continue to run a universe as long as it was (in laymen terms) fiscally profitable to do so.

This should actually serve as a warning to both the players and BFG.

BFG because it showing that there is now becoming a lack lusting interest in their games.

The players because it shows BFG have to consider each and every game/universe from a business persepective

Offline madman 2

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »
kru, I do agree, but I think that BFG  has been a large part of the reason for lack of part. in tournies by favoring the big money over the little guys that pay 20 dallors for game play, if they had been more fairly balanced more people would have played, as far as other units I think conquest is best hired gunnies is a good idea but they made game play so slow that it gets boring and again fair balance is missing. what made tournies better then other units is that they had a end-game target. other units would be mush better if there was an end-game to them

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00:44 PM »
@Madman, at this point Conquest is really about who can beat up more military territories and buy merchant trades.  Very little PvP action going on there.  I am ranked in the mid 150s and have nearly 6 billion ships.  The top 34 each have 1000 times as many ships as I do.  Conquest is hopelessly lopsided.  Hired Guns is somewhat slow at developing (I still have not unlocked proms) but the territories there will force PvP action or you won't have a labor T.  I am in the top 30 and I have only used credits for 12-15 merchant trades.  Everything else I have done the slow way. 

kru

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »
@Madman, at this point Conquest is really about who can beat up more military territories and buy merchant trades.  Very little PvP action going on there.  I am ranked in the mid 150s and have nearly 6 billion ships.  The top 34 each have 1000 times as many ships as I do.  Conquest is hopelessly lopsided. 

ermmmm. your wrong about conquest......there is plenty of PvP action going on. However, as you point out, there is a small issue of players having well over the norm for ship counts (trillions & hundreds of trillions)

Whilst PvP is not as common or active (as it appears) as other unis, all (if not 99%) of the battle reports posted lately are from conquest!

In fact, further to your assumption of merching, i myself use the merchs a lot, but i have in the last week alone handed out close to 1 quadrillion hydro to my members.  If your issue is hydro, your not playing with the right peiople willing to help you along.

For example, i spent almost 100 trillion hydro to attack & hold a military territory so that 2 of my members could scoop the debris and firther build/develop.

birthmark-ant