contact
September 24, 2017, 07:16:57 PM

Author Topic: Any news on when/if there will be a T6?  (Read 6113 times)

kru

Re: Any news on when/if there will be a T6?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
kru, I do agree, but I think that BFG  has been a large part of the reason for lack of part. in tournies by favoring the big money over the little guys that pay 20 dallors for game play, if they had been more fairly balanced more people would have played, as far as other units I think conquest is best hired gunnies is a good idea but they made game play so slow that it gets boring and again fair balance is missing. what made tournies better then other units is that they had a end-game target. other units would be mush better if there was an end-game to them

deffo somewhat agree.

The tourneys were favored for the spenders, or rather heavy spenders.. But a none spender or light spender can compete if they sacrafice the extra time.

Conquest is BFGs cash cow, and i would hazard a guess it is that universe with its very high end spending which keeps some of the other games alive.

Now, myself and countless others refused to play up in the tourneys due to the fact all that hard work basicaly gets reset, which to me in all fairness, my time is more valuable than my money

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 11:58:14 PM »
Not that I am completely surprised as my post on the alliance ranking left unanswered after three months so obviously the tournament was not on BFG agenda.

I am disappointed and a bit sad that I spent money on credits in the tournaments thinking there would be a season 6. Now I feel tricked. And I don't want to spend money on games that never end, I'd rather pay a fee every month for a better game.

I think this is not correct and hopefully BFG realizes this is just not possible to stop the tournament uni without telling in advance so that the players can planify the use of the credits they have purchased.

Instead of discontinuing the tournament I would suggest to consider organizing the seasons to have a general ranking : give points for achievements (best ranks etc...) and make a ranking over the last 5 seasons (or any number of seasons), as an incentive to play and maintain good results in all seasons. Short seasons are ok but get a general ranking.

Offline Duanra

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 12:03:06 AM »
Please note that most of the players in my alliance in HG were only waiting for the tournament.

Offline Admiral Lermontov

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »
I have been waiting for T6 as well, I have credits left from T2 that I hoped to use in the winter tourney. My new RL job does not allow me the time to play a tourney "in season" or an ongoing Uni. Oh well there goes my little bit of contributions to BFG's bottom line. I understand their position, would have appreciated knowing earlier that they were going to discontinue Tourneys though...
Extreme Admiral Lermontov, StarWars Ret.
Nova Captain Jack StarWars, Ret.
Tournament Season 1 Captain Jack, StarWars Top 100
Tournament Season 2 Captain Jack, StarWars #4

Offline VikingTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 01:54:58 AM »
Seems to me that they are not discontinued, but maybe they are just looking for a better game formula. Doesn't seem like they like the territories and stuff too well. Although they seem like a great idea they seem to make things really complicated. Not that we can't grasp them. Just not what i was looking for.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
While I agree to a certain extent, I also think it would only work if BFG stopped releasing unis every 6 months (the tournament would satisfy all the people who like starting from scratch over and over without diluting the player base). And came up with some reward more interesting than concept art.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »
While I agree to a certain extent, I also think it would only work if BFG stopped releasing unis every 6 months (the tournament would satisfy all the people who like starting from scratch over and over without diluting the player base). And came up with some reward more interesting than concept art.

yes, you would have to roll back the release of new unis a lil. Something like an annual tournament of 3 months, starting on the first of jan, ending 1st April, and a new permanent uni launched on the 1st of September each year... or some other variation. New uni every two years or whatever.

Come on, consider it, Matt, and put it forward to the team. We need to see how those new ships in guns fit in.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:19:27 PM by Grace »
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!