contact
November 20, 2017, 03:43:36 AM

Author Topic: Broken NPCs  (Read 825 times)

Offline ΦΦM

• View Profile
Broken NPCs
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:30:27 PM »
First it was X1 , now it is Nova.

To: ΦΦM2

Date: 2013-12-23 20:21:10 UTC

Encounter Large Abandoned Leviathan ‎[1:382:2e] has:

RESOURCES:
 * ore: 15,544,488
 * crystal: 17,671,412
 * hydrogen: 14,328,606

SEEKERS'S SHIPS:
 * Artemis Class Fighter: 5,955
 * Atlas Class Cargo: 2,460
 * Apollo Class Fighter: 423
 * Zagreus Class Recycler: 186
 * Hercules Class Cargo: 271
 * Empusa Class Fighter: 108
 * Dionysus Class Recycler: 569
 * Curetes Class Cruiser: 947
 * Poseidon Class Cruiser: 50
 * Carmanor Class Cargo: 766
 * Pallas Class Bomber: 97
 * Athena Class Battleship: 464
 * Ares Class Bomber: 104
 * Hades Class Battleship: 117
 * Prometheus Class Destroyer: 197
 * Thanatos Class Destroyer: 107
 * Zeus Class: 3

DEFENSES:
 * Missile Battery: 9
 * Laser Cannon: 137
 * Particle Cannon: 86
 * Decoy: 1,050

TECHS:
 * Armor Tech: 15
 * Shield Tech: 15
 * Weapons Tech: 15

How many decoys do you have?

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
Re: Broken NPCs
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »
I've seen much much worse.

As to whether they are broken or a new iteration, we'd have to get some input from Matt H. or some of the developers.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 03:46:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure Matt H already said that these are broken.  Of course, there's no way of knowing what they were doing that broke them or when it will be fixed.

Offline Baron Von Richtofen

• War is best left to common soldiers and Generals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 01:18:14 AM »
I'm sick and tired of launching thousands of recyclers at an npc in anticipation of attack, then launch an attack against it, only to have the damn things disappear right in the middle of attacking it.  Thats a waste of hundreds of thousands worth of hydro.   I'm getting to the point of not launching on them any more.  So far I've wasted over 2mil worth of hydro on NPC's that just dissappear.
Boelcke's list of tactics; Otherwise known as Dicta Boelcke:
1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking. If possible, keep the sun behind you
2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to get around his attack, but fly to meet it
7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
8. Tip for Squadrons: In principle, it is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent.

Offline Drop Table

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:40:42 PM »
Lol at least your hydro expenditure is peanuts relative to most of the developed player population.

FYI there's a warning message in the NPC espionage reports if the NPC is going to disappear within 2 hours.  It appears at the bottom of the report, as such: "The Urcath show signs of leaving soon."

If you have the espionage reformatting script from eljer, the warning shows up in yellow before you even expand the message so it's easily noticeable.

Offline Baron Von Richtofen

• War is best left to common soldiers and Generals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 05:21:37 AM »
Lol at least your hydro expenditure is peanuts relative to most of the developed player population.

FYI there's a warning message in the NPC espionage reports if the NPC is going to disappear within 2 hours.  It appears at the bottom of the report, as such: "The Urcath show signs of leaving soon."

If you have the espionage reformatting script from eljer, the warning shows up in yellow before you even expand the message so it's easily noticeable.
  Yeah I have that script running now.  Been without it thanks to Google Chrome.  Now I play using Firefox and use greasemonkey.  Still, though, I find that a lot of these NPC's just are not profitable to go against.  I may not be on the same level as some of you in Hydro expenditures or needs. Still at the level that I am at, I'm having a difficult time producing enough Hydro to meet my needs let alone find enough viable targets that have any decent Hydro on them.   So far I'm having a difficult time balancing the Hydro costs to Hydro recovered.  It seems I'm always behind in Hydro no matter what!  anyone have any ideas, suggestions or solutions I would be thankful!
Boelcke's list of tactics; Otherwise known as Dicta Boelcke:
1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking. If possible, keep the sun behind you
2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to get around his attack, but fly to meet it
7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
8. Tip for Squadrons: In principle, it is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent.

Offline Drop Table

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 03:31:01 PM »
I just dropped by to check on the forums; did not expect someone to reply to one of my posts from... 2 years ago haha.  Nice to see you're still in the game!  Sorry to see you're still struggling with hydro. 

I think the advice back in my time was to build up your main hydrogen storage tank to an appropriate level, and then use merchants to exchange ore/crystal.  That evolved into players building their storage tanks to absurdly high levels in order to maximize conversion from that 5k credit cost (I'm assuming the merchant price hasn't changed).  Alternatively, depending how much hydro you needed, if you had a nice big neighbor with a high level storage tank, you could arrange a trade with them and possibly pay them a small credit fee in exchange for their hydro.

Bottom line though is that you'll always lose hydro in raiding NPCs, unless things have changed, which I doubt, because merchants = $$.

birthmark-ant