contact
November 19, 2017, 02:10:03 PM

Author Topic: Joke NPC  (Read 1167 times)

Offline NormanPreece

• View Profile
Joke NPC
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:54:04 PM »
Surely this is a micky take?   Matt why make something like this it is just not worth having in the game
To: Admiral Starbuck
Date: 2014-02-09 16:51:51 UTC
Encounter Abandoned Cruiser [3:11:14e] has:
RESOURCES:
* ore: 678,422 
* crystal: 813,290 
* hydrogen: 731,178 
================================
Total plunder: 1,111,445 (9 carm / 45 herc / 223 atlas)
DSP: 10 (1 Dios / 2 Zags)

SEEKERS'S SHIPS:
* Artemis Class Fighter: 1
* Apollo Class Fighter: 2

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 2,471
* Laser Cannon: 600
* Pulse Cannon: 128
* Particle Cannon: 132
* Decoy: 1
* Gauss Cannon: 42
* Large Decoy: 1
* Plasma Cannon: 49

TECHS:
* Armor Tech: 11
* Weapons Tech: 11
* Shield Tech: 11

The chance of your probes being intercepted is 0%
"When you look at the dark side, careful you must be for the dark side looks back."
―Yoda

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Joke NPC
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »
Is it profitable to attack every player in the game? No? There is your answer!
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Blue Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 08:17:37 PM »
That answer made no sense  what a waste I'm losing faith in BFG every day after repeatedly seeing crap like this.   Get a clue how to run a business you are driving your customers away
Captain Saltywaters
CEO of Gross Misconduct Alliance

kru

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:37:50 PM »
because dsp is counted as profit, not just rescources.  However, when viewing rescources  bfg calculate that as a converted total.

In respect, the npc is fairly funny.  too much complaining goes on at some of the 'free meals' in these games.  This OP just demonstrates that it is not the mechanics of the game (as blue nova tries to comment in another thready) but the attitudes of players which break things.

I am sure there are plenty other 'profitable' npcs to feed from for free

Offline Blue Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
You are missing the point kru.  Why put something in the game that will never get used.   If anyone is breaking the game it's players like you that say nothing needs to be fixed or added to the game every time someone suggests something. 
Captain Saltywaters

kru

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »
woahhhhh! take a pill.

i never said things didn't need fixing.  but you and others make out like thats the only npc thats ever spawned.

what you and others would walk away from, others may take on and take a 100% profit from.  I know tons of folks who have got only 50 or so zeus that would make a nice profit on it.

It is the attitudes displayed that causes an issue.  You and many others obviously seem to think all npcs should be spawned in a specific way, well your wrong.

and lastly, if you really think that just by 'adding' things to a game which you obviously believe needs to be fixed first, well your just asking for more problems to be caused.

now, you claim you have played for years and seen things at every step introduced, so please try and keep up.  The algorithm used to spawn NPCs is none biased, meaning it simply spawns (out of the devs control) as to what rsp is allocated to what (ships or defences).

man, stop whining about wanting an even easier free meal ticket, if you probe an npc and can't or wont kill it, walk away and find another.....

it is that simple, if you can't work that out, it just emphasises the point that attitudes are broken

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 11:29:48 PM »
@Kru: Dont you get weary of people that constantly whine about an occasional NPC that isn't worth hitting (by them) but never mention all the ones they DO hit for tidy profits? Sheesh.
Whether or not a profit can be turned on any NPC depends largely on fleet makeup. I have several people that send me intel when they find one that is either too large for them or otherwise unprofitable. If I decide to hit it myself, I send them a "thank-you".

The example the OP posted is easily hit with a few zeese and at no cost or loss, so what is he complaining about? And if, as he says, no one would hit it, then he has no worries about someone beating him to it while on the crawl to the target. And if it expires before he gets there, only a very small hydro investment is lost. Sheesh, again, I say.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:33:09 PM by lazoputz »

Offline Blue Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 12:29:05 AM »
In no way am I complaining about the npcs makeup other than that I don't have 4-5 hours to send a bunch of Zeus at a minimal gain target.   I would much prefer a universe without npcs at all is what I'm saying.  I work 55-60 hours a week and don't have that much time to run my business and play a game that takes that much time to make a minimal gain.   The problem is this game is too time consuming to keep up and is losing it's loyal player base.   Get a clue before you make assumptions
Captain Saltywaters

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:29:17 AM »
I sir, am not the one in need of a "clue". If you have no time to play the game, the solution seems simple to me. Why should everyone be penalized by your lack of time?

Offline Blue Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:37:01 PM »
I am not the only player like me.  And I'm not suggesting changing everything in the game or anything that will change the way everyone plays    I am one of those players that gives back to what community I'm involved with like this game.   I do spend money here and doing that means I have to work for a living.  So be a bit more gracious there are still players like me around before you start spitting garbage out of your mouth
Captain Saltywaters

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »
I do spend money here and doing that means I have to work for a living.  So be a bit more gracious there are still players like me around before you start spitting garbage out of your mouth

::)

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 01:10:55 AM »
Ummmmm, who's the one talking trash???

Offline phatboy83

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 11:21:31 AM »
do people not do pvp anymore?
there is no skill in hitting npc's with zeus its all about who gets there first.

Offline moab

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gOCQLaacrA Pirates
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 12:56:33 AM »
Norman and Blue Nova...

Yes the npc is laughable. But roll with it and build up your resource spent points and you will get higher quality npcs.

Blue Nova...

Quit complaining about npcs!

There are live targets out there you should be hitting.
The active player hit thread in Pirates is a mile long.
Hearing bragging on these bots are bad enough... hearing bitching about them is worse.
Who are you in the game?
I could show you how Starfleet Extreme is supposed to be played.
Whats cooler than Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll??
PIRATES of course!!!

Offline Commander Roger keen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »
I would suggest that NPC's like that do have a use, especially if you are a player just starting out and only have a few ships then a NPc like that would be very profitable.
Obviously not a lot of use to higher ranked players, but there has to be something for everybody.
Just saying.

birthmark-ant