contact
September 21, 2017, 12:25:56 PM

Author Topic: Be Careful Guys..  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
Be Careful Guys..
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:12:14 AM »
BFG has now decided that you can be suspended for any reason, and then they can make the rules AFTERwards. SO be careful to never do anything they dislike, because they dont even need a valid reason to suspend you anymore :D

So Action(breaking no rule)->Suspension->New rule created to justify suspension, AFTER the fact...is now apparently the format.

I wonder how they will respond to this post? Lock it and delete it because i called them out in a very JUST manner?
Respond to it negatively, while trying to DENY their own guilt?
or ignore it? time will tell...

MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
Re: Be Careful Guys..
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:14:45 AM »
 ;D  [Portion violating forum rules removed - Matt H]...go ahead and do your worst matt/..I am sick of your shit
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:15:53 AM by Matt H »
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 01:18:14 AM »
we should watch out..they might suspend us for disagreeing with their completely unfair tactics!

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:18:38 AM »
While I appreciate that your upset that you won't be able to partake in a big group attack because the player you were going to attack got himself suspended, players are only suspended for violating rules that were in existence at the time of their actions. Further, violations of the forum rules do not impact in game accounts except in extremely unique situations.

Players posting threads calling Blue Frog Gaming employees 'douchebags', swearing at other forum users or administrators, or otherwise acting in an uncivil manner will find themselves without posting privileges. Players violating the in game rules will find themselves with a warning or suspension for their actions.

Further, as our rules state, we reserve the right to amend our rules at any time for any reason. Those clamoring 'censorship' or 'violation of free speech' will find those arguments poorly received as this is a privately run forum and we have a right to censor or restrict any discussion we see necessary.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:20:23 AM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 01:19:48 AM »
There was no rule broken though Matt, except for the one you just posted AFTER suspending swan.

hmm...

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:20:42 AM »
you going to refund all the hydro and time spent  by players in pursuit of this, which you unjustly took from us?
I seem to recall you justifying tets trust trap in a very similar situation..and that was MUCH more foul then this.

Grace

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 01:32:26 AM »
 Matt, I did the very same thing yesterday and no violation. Why make it up now? I'm not supporting Swan, butdo you want to destroy the game for the last few remaining customers you have? A game with no players? seriously, you need to take a break.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »
No players were suspended, from the forum or the game, for merely posting an "I'm quitting, come kill me" thread. Players were, however, suspended for other violations of the forum and game rules.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
kru

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 01:39:20 AM »
bad vibes :(

but, seems many of you have NOT read the terms of use (or whatever they are called)

It clearly states that sadly, bfg can revoke your right to play for 'ANY' reason, and again sadly that reason doesn't have to make sense to any of us

Grace

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 01:40:55 AM »
No players were suspended, from the forum or the game, for merely posting an "I'm quitting, come kill me" thread. Players were, however, suspended for other violations of the forum and game rules.

That answer does not make any sense. Your new rule clearly implies a particular post pertaining to a particular situation. You dont even seem to have your reasoning clear to yourself. Now everyone can see what i was talking about in a certain thread from yesterday. Honestly, you need to take a break because this forum is clearly getting to you and you yourself are the one mainly responsible for souring the aptmosphere.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:42:28 AM by Grace »

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 01:42:28 AM »
BFG has now decided that you can be suspended for any reason, and then they can make the rules AFTERwards. SO be careful to never do anything they dislike, because they dont even need a valid reason to suspend you anymore :D
::)

Before today, you COULD post here that you were quitting and giving everyone a fair chance at your fleet considering anyone with access to the forums would see the same post and thus there wouldn't be any advantage either way. BUT from that point on you HAD to log off your account, which Swan clearly stated he wasn't going to do, and he hadn't done previously in his other fake retirement.

In his previous actions he stated he was quitting, but proceeded to stay in his account and lift a small portion of his ships at other players attacking him. BFG allowed quitting "parties" if they WERE quitting parties. If Swan just wanted to get rid of his ships then he just had to smash them into a NPC.

How can BFG know if Swan's retirement isnt jsut a going away party for his friends, and that he's intent on leaving his main fleet ONLY if he's getting attacked by his friends? I'm not saying he is or isn't, my point is you  can't know and it makes it very easy to give res and DSP to your mates if you are logged in. If your mates attack then you really are retiring, if someone else is getting to yuor ships first then you can lift and pretend it was a trap or some other shit.

Im the past BFG allowed retirements if you logged off, but thanks to swan they have now closed that door altogether. Be mad at the player for forcing them in a corner.

As for players angry at launching their ships, well honestly if you want DSP, go earn it...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:46:12 AM by Pantin »

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 01:42:48 AM »
The creation of the new rule is irrelevant to why anybody was suspended from the forum or the game. The new rule has been something that has been in contemplation for some time and we opted to enact it now to avoid what is becoming more of a recurring problem.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Grace

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 01:53:10 AM »
Your rationalization doesnt add up and you are throwing in a qualifier in a flimsy attempt to justify it.  Do the others in the company know what you are doing here? I would be very concerned about you now if I were any of them.

kru

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 02:00:40 AM »
[Portion in violation of forum rules removed - Matt H]

the whole thing is bad vibes, but niether you, i or anyone else knows fully as to what occurred.  Sure, i bet swanny is blabbing his mouth in the skype rooms or on facebook, well blabbing his version anyway.

I just don't get why all you guys are ramming you aggressive attitudes down the throiat of bfg, i am certianly no matt fan, but he has done alright by me and many others.

Of course though, when matt, jason or anyone else steps up and sorts out the dumba$$'s we have we in these games, then they are the bad guys.

oh well, get on.  BFG doesn't ask anyone to quit, and they certianly don't want players to quit.  But there is a key phrase used that i read, and thats 'spirit of the game'.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:02:09 AM by Matt H »

kru

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 02:10:44 AM »
not in the slightest.

ken and sawn who both gave it big, have their hired guns game open every second they play.  me, mine is open for maybe an hour per day.

how others play, That is a concept you, ken and swanny could never grasp, people play their own way in their own style.

In either case, it appears i have no limitations, as because unlike you and swanny, irrespective of how difficult a game may present i stick it out and i don't throw my toys out the pram and quit.

perhaps, you should pay more attention to other threads on this forum, and it will become evident at which universe i devote a majority of my time to

birthmark-ant