contact
September 24, 2017, 05:31:04 PM

Author Topic: NPCs largely unhittable except for top players' private zero techs  (Read 3808 times)

Offline Bah

• View Profile
Re: NPCs largely unhittable except for top players' private zero techs
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 08:00:23 AM »
Maybe move to a more inhabited galaxy?
I'm in galaxy 1 twice and 3-9. Every location has at least 3 top ten players in the area (including myself) and G1s and G5 have many more.

Every one of the players I've talked to agrees we need more profit since the fix. If everyone agrees and it benefits BFG I don't understand why it isn't happening.
Dr Zed
Uni2 only

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 08:37:04 AM »
I don't play universe2, so I really don't know about yours.  In SDE, I noticed that a lot of the extra ship RSP was in the form of more Zeus.  They really are more profiable here.

Offline Bah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
As previously posted, since the fix we are getting very uneven distributions. I'm not sure if this is intentional but they have reduced profit tremendously and absolutely did not occur previously.
Dr Zed
Uni2 only

kru

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »
lol see, your trolled for a fix and you got it....now you are complaining because this is fixed there is now a reduced profit....

and you now realise why players like you piss me off?  you don't see the BIGGER picture.

Sounds to me this is what you were really asking for:

'Matt, i am sick and tired of of only finding most 0 tech npcs showing as pink or red to me, even though i can attack them as with anyone else these MUST be private npcs for the large players......meanwhile my npcs are spawning with techs wich reduce my profit.....can we not have so npcs i can hit are so much easier so i can make a bigger profit'

And now of course your saying:

'dam, i bitched about the npc techs and bfg fixed it, but since they fixed it my profit on npcs has dropped, so can we get a fix on the fix so it is easier for me'

kru

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »

Anyway, now that we've gotten rid of that unfair advantage months after I first pointed it out (and was told by Matt I was incorrect about the distribution), let's get some more profit into the NPCs. Please either revert the formula to what it was in this universe or make a new one.

as explained, but i will dumb it down (just for you)

The spawn ratio and ship - defence ratios are the same as before the tech fix.  The rescource ratio is also the same.  HOWEVER because YOU complained for a tech fix, it was fixed from the lowest spawned npc to the highest.

By altering this at its code you WILL see a reduction in profits as you are now facing off against more npcs with similar techs to yours or GREATER.

So, sure call me a troll, but as i stated in the above post, sometimes when you complain about one thing and demand a fix you fail to understand how it will affect everyone......

Your moaning now about profit, so it has obviously affected you........Best redesign your fleet, research higher AWS or just  get on with your reduced profit
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:48:47 AM by kru »

Offline CAPTAIN SKEENAN

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
As previously posted, since the fix we are getting very uneven distributions. I'm not sure if this is intentional but they have reduced profit tremendously and absolutely did not occur previously.
Well I've always felt they were uneven top two guys got the most profitable npc and yea zero techs

Offline CAPTAIN SKEENAN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 01:14:58 PM »
At the moment nothing worth attacking it's like they shut off anything over 3 mil dsp

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 03:16:08 PM »
lol see, your trolled for a fix and you got it....now you are complaining because this is fixed there is now a reduced profit....

and you now realise why players like you piss me off?  you don't see the BIGGER picture.

Sounds to me this is what you were really asking for:

'Matt, i am sick and tired of of only finding most 0 tech npcs showing as pink or red to me, even though i can attack them as with anyone else these MUST be private npcs for the large players......meanwhile my npcs are spawning with techs wich reduce my profit.....can we not have so npcs i can hit are so much easier so i can make a bigger profit'

And now of course your saying:

'dam, i bitched about the npc techs and bfg fixed it, but since they fixed it my profit on npcs has dropped, so can we get a fix on the fix so it is easier for me'

+1.

~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Bah

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »
Here's the change in profit. Prior to the fix I was making 300 to 400 billion converted rez per round of attacks. After the fix with 50% more ships, I was making 75B per round. Yesterday that dropped to 25B when I was able to find any. (Actually that's 25B when I could find a 16 tech. I found 2 16 techs and 3 21 techs. I took a loss on the 21 techs.)
I'm not going to spend hours looking for a couple targets that cost me 20B in fuel to make 25B profit.
Dr Zed
Uni2 only

Offline napl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 03:54:34 PM »
Its obvious kru is confused with the point of this whole post.  Its not about the 0 techs that kru is disappointed to lose.  It was about the defense RSP fix that wasn't necessary in uni2.  Does kru play uni2?  Does he understand the issue?  Doubtful.  There was a significant decrease in profit from the defense RSP fix. That is the point of the post.  The 0 tech was a side issue that no one expected BFG to do one damn thing about since we've been asking them to fix it for over a year and the canned response was "they appear at all levels" which was utter BS.

The 0 tech RSP fix only effects the top 3 players in uni2 (sometimes some others benefited in insignificant ways from the 0 tech).

kru

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 04:15:02 PM »
Its obvious kru is confused with the point of this whole post.  Its not about the 0 techs that kru is disappointed to lose.  It was about the defense RSP fix that wasn't necessary in uni2.  Does kru play uni2?  Does he understand the issue?  Doubtful.  There was a significant decrease in profit from the defense RSP fix. That is the point of the post.  The 0 tech was a side issue that no one expected BFG to do one damn thing about since we've been asking them to fix it for over a year and the canned response was "they appear at all levels" which was utter BS.

The 0 tech RSP fix only effects the top 3 players in uni2 (sometimes some others benefited in insignificant ways from the 0 tech).

really? i'm confused? did you read the WHOLE thread or just selctive parts like others....

so, here lets refresh your inconsistent ability to read:

I forgot to mention, as apparently Matt has forgotten to address, zero techs continue to be available to the top players only. This is now a serious disparity with the rise in defense.

We'll be deploying a fix this afternoon which should eliminate instances of zero tech NPCsappearing except at the lowest level of NPCs.

AND AFTER THE FIX

Anyway, now that we've gotten rid of that unfair advantage months after I first pointed it out (and was told by Matt I was incorrect about the distribution), let's get some more profit into the NPCs. Please either revert the formula to what it was in this universe or make a new one.

so, now heres the interesting part.

Players that complain, often find themselves loosing out and then complaining about the fixes they asked for.

There are TWO issues here in this thread:

1) defences vs ships.  This has been addressed by bfg.  defences will now ONLY account for a maximum of 40% of the RSP on an NPC.

issues with that (and the complainers)
 a - You don' know whos RSP that that NPC may have spawned off of, so you cannot claim it is unprofitable.
 b - Your obviously assuming incorrectly that every NPC should never have equal to or greater than your RSP, the greater part would never apply to a player ranked #1 on RSP.
 c - Seems some of you just 'LOOK' at the espi report and then feel the need to complain, instead calculate the RSP value of defences and then ships.

2) 0 tech NPCs, and if you can't see that that was addressed as an issue in this thread, best get your reading glasses..

issues with that:
 a - By altering the base on the techs for NPCs now, meaning the lowest value NPCs have the lowest techs vs the highest value having the highest tech, you will see a reduction in profit.

Players complaining previously at how 'hard' it was, will now find it equal or the same......20% less defences with a 20% increase on techs will make no difference to the outcome.  However, now we are finding that npcs which previously gave a bigger profit now have higher level techs.

Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it.....and as i stated already, sometimes when you complain to much about things you get kicked hard in the ball bag...........And this is what your doing now.....realising that by complaining you have made things worse for yourselves.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:22:36 PM by kru »

kru

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »

sigh**

it effects EVERYONE...... techs are or rather now have been completely changed so that techs are more appropiate to the RSP level of the NPC.

{{{{{{might as well talk to a brick wall}}}}}}}}

Even at your level NPCs will now have a wider inclanation to be less than, equal to or even much greater than your own.  Keep an eye on it, you will see what i speak of.

oh and ps......just because one doesn't play a specific universe doesn't mean one doesn't have an understanding.....Afterall, all universes in the underlay are indenticle....

Offline napl

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »
1) defences vs ships.  This has been addressed by bfg.  defences will now ONLY account for a maximum of 40% of the RSP on an NPC.

Actually, if you were playing uni2 you would know that before this "fix" the defenses were running about 10-20% RSP.  That is the crux of the post.  So by INCREASING the defense RSP to 40%, BFG drastically decreased the profitability.

a - By altering the base on the techs for NPCs now, meaning the lowest value NPCs have the lowest techs vs the highest value having the highest tech, you will see a reduction in profit.

I haven't noticed any change in the tech levels of the npc in my range, nor has anyone else I talk to, with the exception of the #1 player who now doesn't see 0 techs...I do see what you are getting at though, just haven't noticed it in practice.

kru

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 05:30:24 PM »

Actually, if you were playing uni2 you would know that before this "fix" the defenses were running about 10-20% RSP.  That is the crux of the post.  So by INCREASING the defense RSP to 40%, BFG drastically decreased the profitability.

ermmmmm, who says BFG have increased it to 40% ? ?  ? ? ? 

BFG have altered the code so that it should not exceede 40%.  In reality you could have NPCs spawn at 0% defences or the max 40%.

And as Matt H has stated:
we've changed this so that ship RSP will now, on average, account for 60% of the RSP available

That means there may be occassions where the defence ratio exceedes that of 40%.

So, ok i understand your frustration in that it appears from your perspective to be worse.  However, on average is the key phrase.....

And again, i will re-iterate my original stance, had certian players from uni2 not been moaning and complaining the change may not have occurred there, but then it could possibly still have changed.

To me, having defences (in your words) spawning at only 10 - 20% of the total RSp seems there was an issue with the code...

Offline CreoleLakerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 05:47:57 PM »
ermmmmm, who says BFG have increased it to 40% ? ?  ? ? ?

WE are - you know, guys who actually play UNI2, unlike you.  Three of the people who have posted in this thread complaining about the NPCs are in the Top 10 of UNI2.  A fourth used to be a Top 5 player before he traded down, but is still Top 50.  All play UNI2 regularly and have a pretty good idea of what spawns in UNI2 look like, and how they have changed since the fix - since between the four of us we are looking at EVERY NPC spawn that's worth a minimum of 50k Dionysus in debris.

BFG have altered the code so that it should not exceede 40%.  In reality you could have NPCs spawn at 0% defences or the max 40%.

In reality, there are no NPCs spawning at 0% defenses.  We would would know, because we look at all of them.  Do you?

And as Matt H has stated:
we've changed this so that ship RSP will now, on average, account for 60% of the RSP available

That means there may be occassions where the defence ratio exceedes that of 40%.

So, ok i understand your frustration in that it appears from your perspective to be worse.  However, on average is the key phrase.....

It is worse across the board.  All of what we are saying is based upon observation and raw data.  This is not an issue of perspective.  This is an issue of fact.  Where are you getting your data?  Your perspective is based upon your opinion, which is based upon nothing, since as far as anyone can tell, you do not even own an UNI2 account.

And again, i will re-iterate my original stance, had certian players from uni2 not been moaning and complaining the change may not have occurred there, but then it could possibly still have changed.

No one in UNI2 was complaining about spawns - a couple of weeks ago things were great.  The NPC spawn changes were introduced to correct issues in other universes - and apparently they have.  Unfortunately, they have affected UNI2 negatively, and no one from BFG (Matt) seems to be willing to look at the data to validate the complaints.  Instead, it's the canned responses of "the changes are working as intended" without examining the impact it is having on UNI2.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:50:14 PM by CreoleLakerFan »