contact
November 19, 2017, 03:51:48 PM

Author Topic: NPCs largely unhittable except for top players' private zero techs  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: NPCs largely unhittable except for top players' private zero techs
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 05:52:07 PM »
We will not be reverting this change. If you were seeing top end NPCs with 10% to 20% RSP assigned to defenses, then that was entirely too low in the first place and should have been corrected sooner.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Bah

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 06:25:01 PM »
If you were seeing top end NPCs with 10% to 20% RSP assigned to defenses, then that was entirely too low in the first place and should have been corrected sooner.

Why is that too low? Obviously that's an arbitrary standard and one that results in negative consequences. The current profit margins fail to bring me enjoyment and as such it would be foolish of me to continue.

I hope you reconsider.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:27:24 PM by Bah »
Dr Zed
Uni2 only

Offline CreoleLakerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 08:11:41 PM »
This all smacks of pointy-haired thinking.  I believe the suits at BFG got together and determined that would like increased revenue from UNI2.  Said suits then directed the development team to lower profit margins on NPC hits with the end goal of extracting more revenue from the userbase in the form of web referrals and raw credit purchases.

This type of thinking marginalizes the paying customer into an asset than can be extorted at will for more revenue.  The problem with this thinking is that the paying customer has the option of taking his business elsewhere.  If you treat your customers as if they have an obligation to subscribe to your service, or no better options, then you will soon find that you have a shortage of customers.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 08:16:18 PM »
This all smacks of pointy-haired thinking.  I believe the suits at BFG got together and determined that would like increased revenue from UNI2.  Said suits then directed the development team to lower profit margins on NPC hits with the end goal of extracting more revenue from the userbase in the form of web referrals and raw credit purchases.

This type of thinking marginalizes the paying customer into an asset than can be extorted at will for more revenue.  The problem with this thinking is that the paying customer has the option of taking his business elsewhere.  If you treat your customers as if they have an obligation to subscribe to your service, or no better options, then you will soon find that you have a shortage of customers.

This explanation might work if we only changed Uni 2. But we changed every Universe. And based on player feedback about NPCs post update for all Universes, overwhelmingly for the better.

Further, we appreciate when customers opt to purchase credits in our game. But our games are free to play and purchasing credits is optional.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline vanvely

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 08:36:13 PM »
Actually, if you were playing uni2 you would know that before this "fix" the defenses were running about 10-20% RSP.  That is the crux of the post.  So by INCREASING the defense RSP to 40%, BFG drastically decreased the profitability.
lmao, so all this time Uni2 has been enjoying 10-20% defences while the rest of SFC were suffering under 60% defences?

I used to feel sorry for Uni2 thinking that the fix somehow gave them more than 60% defence, instead of reducing it down to 40%. Turns out, you people are complaining because you are no longer getting the special privilege of those 10-20% targets, which were never available to any of the other universes to begin with.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:38:57 PM by vanvely »

kru

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »
i would love to see the look on thier faces if they ever probed something like this

Encounter Large Floating Colony  has:
RESOURCES:
* ore: 10,022,323,570,919 
* crystal: 41,522,169,214,756 
* hydrogen: 28,621,635,811,618 
================================
Total plunder: 40,083,064,298,646 (320664515 carm / 1603322572 herc / 8016612860 atlas)
(1944072538086 Dios / 7776290152341 Zags)

URCATH'S SHIPS:
* Artemis Class Fighter: 2,168,154,802,650
* Atlas Class Cargo: 173,122,855,655
* Erebus Class Fighter: 1,782,387,140,640
* Zagreus Class Recycler: 55,618,101,816
* Hercules Class Cargo: 132,957,288,331
* Dionysus Class Recycler: 1,508,688,534
* Curetes Class Cruiser: 26,890,330
* Carmanor Class Cargo: 59,926,715
* Ares Class Bomber: 48,585,400

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 64,221,704,030,831
* Laser Cannon: 4,334,883,377,177
* Pulse Cannon: 64
* Particle Cannon: 106,912,867,969
* Decoy: 1
* Plasma Cannon: 949

TECHS:
* Armor Tech: 20
* Weapons Tech: 20
* Shield Tech: 20

Offline napl

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 09:20:47 PM »
would look pretty normal to me if I was what, top 5 in the conquest uni?  top 25?  I wouldn't know and I wouldn't speak to it as I don't play that uni...

Offline vanvely

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »
Here's the Espionage Report for my last hit.

Encounter Large Floating Colony ‎has:

RESOURCES:
* ore: 339,205,053
* crystal: 547,644,406
* hydrogen: 462,869,487

URCATH'S SHIPS:
* Artemis Class Fighter: 183,532
* Atlas Class Cargo: 29,145,050
* Apollo Class Fighter: 78,014
* Zagreus Class Recycler: 2
* Hercules Class Cargo: 4,164,483
* Poseidon Class Cruiser: 6,507,750

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 68,911,315
* Laser Cannon: 12,050,258
* Pulse Cannon: 1,171,095
* Particle Cannon: 1,973,751
* Decoy: 1
* Gauss Cannon: 427,802
* Large Decoy: 1
* Plasma Cannon: 453,607

TECHS:
* Armor Tech: 19
* Shield Tech: 19
* Weapons Tech: 19
And, this is supposed to be an example of a "bad" target? Same goes for all the other examples you posted.

Are you seriously COMPLAINING about these awesome targets? Do you realize what a dream it would be to find these targets in other universes?

Listen to yourself: "In summary, 6.3B Hydrogen losses to generate 50B Ore and 31B Crystal."
Seriously? Losing 6.3B hydro to win back 81B O/C is a reason to complain? You are gaining back OVER 10 times the O/C compared to hydro loss. This is almost unheard of anywhere else.

Nah, I can't feel sorry for you guys.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:48:42 PM by vanvely »

Offline CreoleLakerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 09:48:24 PM »
This explanation might work if we only changed Uni 2. But we changed every Universe. And based on player feedback about NPCs post update for all Universes, overwhelmingly for the better.

Further, we appreciate when customers opt to purchase credits in our game. But our games are free to play and purchasing credits is optional.

The point is, it isn't better for UNI2 players.  You (BFG, not "you" personally) have dramatically altered the experience of one segment of your userbase.  When we take issue, you tell us: 

We will not be reverting this change. If you were seeing top end NPCs with 10% to 20% RSP assigned to defenses, then that was entirely too low in the first place and should have been corrected sooner.

In other words:  Deal with it.  We will not revert your experience back to what you have come to expect over the years.  That does not make me feel appreciated as a customer who has supported BFG with my wallet from the moment I discovered this game four-plus years ago.

Thanks.

Offline CreoleLakerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »
And, this is supposed to be an example of a "bad" target? Same goes for all the other examples you posted.

Are you seriously COMPLAINING about these awesome targets? Do you realize what a dream it would be to find these targets in other universes?

I don't play other universes, so what happens there doesn't concern me.  If this is such a dream, why don't you start from zero in UNI2 so you can enjoy the bountiful targets with the rest of us?  I'm sure if you kept at it for years while all of us in the top 50 stopped playing, eventually you could claim a top spot and reap these rewards.

Offline vanvely

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 01:36:06 AM »
There's a difference between saying: NPCs are not profitable, vs NPCs are not as profitable as before

You people have been spoiled. The whole basis of your complaint is that you are no longer getting extremely ridiculously awesome NPCs. Well that was your bonus. Consider yourselves lucky.

The 10-20% defences you got previously was unintentional, due to a bug.
When BFG fixed that SFCO bug that made all NPCs into 0 techs, I didn't hear them complaining. No, most people were just thankful that they got to profit from a bug.

The fact is: you've been given a bonus. Most people would look at that bonus and be thankful. You guys are looking at that bonus and asking: Why can't we get MORE of it?

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 03:38:08 AM »
There's a difference between saying: NPCs are not profitable, vs NPCs are not as profitable as before

You people have been spoiled. The whole basis of your complaint is that you are no longer getting extremely ridiculously awesome NPCs. Well that was your bonus. Consider yourselves lucky.

The 10-20% defences you got previously was unintentional, due to a bug.
When BFG fixed that SFCO bug that made all NPCs into 0 techs, I didn't hear them complaining. No, most people were just thankful that they got to profit from a bug.

The fact is: you've been given a bonus. Most people would look at that bonus and be thankful. You guys are looking at that bonus and asking: Why can't we get MORE of it?

+1 to everything in there

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 06:06:32 AM »
The super freebie bonus universe players need to just turn around, and walk away, now that we players from the other universes know the truth. You dopes complained about the profiting by your top players, and BFG made a change that effected all universes because of it - unfortunately for you, the change resulting from your complaining about to much profiting led to your universe's super freebie bonus being turned off...

*cue applause* - "Don't you feel special now"?

You got what you asked for... now enjoy it.

~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Defiance

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 07:33:30 AM »
Thats not what happened monkey.  The uni 1 npc rsp fix that was rolled across all universes changedbthe profitability of the npcs. 0 aws npcs fix has had little impact. The fix that was asked for was well received,  the fix forced upon the uni wasnt.  Surely you of all people are not denying players a voice to moan about npcs?

kru

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
nobody would ever stop you or try to prevent you or anyone voicing an opinion about something that is broken.

However, whether the fix was wanted or unwanted, the bottom line is for all these years you have had (as described) super freebie NPCs, which have been broken for all those years and have now been fixed to properly spawn.

Trouble is, your not voicing an opinion, your all argumentative.  You cannot say that nobody from UNI2 plays no other universe, nobody from UNI2 hasn't visited the forums since the release of NPCs? ? ? ?

Seems to me as though UNI2 collaborated to keep their mouths shut due to issue of severly HIGH profit NPCs, knowing and realising that their NPCs from UNI2 do not sit in line with other universes.

Bottom line is, UNI2 players are looking for sympathy from anyone who will listen, and you will not find anyone who will listen/  For years you guys had it easy street while other unis faught hard on these forums to prove things were not working as intended.  There has been boycotts all over the place until BFG fixed things, and heres UNI2 complaining that the 'top players' are untouchable......

What any other universe would have given to have had such limited defences