contact
November 19, 2017, 02:14:41 PM

Author Topic: Suggestions for Hired Guns  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Ta'len

• View Profile
Suggestions for Hired Guns
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:43:50 PM »
Two suggestions for BFG:

1) Move the Construction building from the Labor territory to the Alien Space Dock, or ADD it to the ASD.
1a) Move: If a planet has both Labor and ASD territories associated with it, then simply update the ASD record with the same level of Construction found on the Labor.  If the planet doesn't have an ASD associated with it, then create a new ASD association, and move the Construction over at the same level.
1b) Add: Labor territories would still keep the Construction, and ASDs would now have a level 0 Construction available to build.  Holding either Labor or ASD would enable the benefits of the Construction to the Human ships on the colony itself, and the ASD Construction would also benefit the ASD Shipyards.

2) Create a new building, a resource Recycling Plant or something, that will (SLOWLY, but getting faster with each build level) convert resources from one type to another.  Hired Guns has a TON of excess Crystal for some reason.  I can hire a Merchant and trade it out at 2.5:1.5:1 Ore:Crystal:Hydrogen standard rates, but not everyone has credits.  It would be nice to have an option for converting resources without hiring a Merchant.  The conversion ratio should be the lowest possible, say 2:1:1 Ore:Crystal:Hydrogen, or 2.25:1.25:1, or something reasonable.  Obviously, hiring a Merchant would give a higher trade ratio and would be instantaneous, but building the Recylcing Plant would allow for the trade to take place over time.
2a) It would be nice if I could feed ships and/or defenses into the Recycling Plant, in addition to raw resources.  (I want 100,000 Artemis, not 100,003! :P)

Ta'len

Offline Ta'len

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Hired Guns
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »
Or, maybe the Recycling Plant needs to be placed on one of the under-utilized territories, like the Advanced Factory.  That would be a logical place to recycle resources, right?

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 07:07:13 PM »
As for your first idea, we all want a way to make those alien Space docks faster(:
A few ways ive thought of doing it are:
1: Allow a person to queue the alien ships on the homeworld, but only allow them to add these ships to queue while holding the ASD. Then, while they are building on the colony, allow them to drop the Dock, pick up a labor, and apply the bonus to the queued ships.
THis would be beneficial in speeding up the ship builds, as well as lessening the demand for docks, but would also require you to build up multiple terrys with one associated planet where you otherwise may not have, and creates a higher demand for the labors as well. Flawed but maybe it could work right?

another idea would be to create a building on the ASD that you can upgrade, seperate from the Construction. each upgrade could cut the time for ship builds by 25-35% per level instead of 50%, and would, like a foundry, not allow you to build ships while upgrading it. Since you cant speed up building speeds for your infrastructure on  the ASD using foundry, this would mean that upgrading this building would take large amounts of time. So it would make it somewhat difficult to speed up your alien ship production, but WOULD give you the chance to do so with a little patience.

Not to say your idea was any worse or better then mine, just offering some alternatives.

as to the recycle building? i like it.
Ships can be dumped in, as well as resources for a return.
Upgrading could increase the pace..level 1=10k per hour, level 2=20k per hour, level 3=40k per hour etc etc meaning it would require level 8 to reach 1 million per hour output. It would run on a queue system, meaning if it didnt finish before you FRS, it will continue pumping out while youre gone, and the resources would then be left available to raiders :D
should make it 3 seperate building, an ore crystal and hydro converter. Have ship recycling as a 4th seperate building. all returns will be 1/2 of the investments. 1/2 return on ships, and 1/2 of the resources added to converter, would emerge as the new time, the rest is "waste"
play with that thought, gtg so cant expand on it now..
MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch

Offline Ta'len

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:58:58 PM »
I would prefer a single building, personally; I am already approaching high 200s on my colonies, and consuming another 32 (4 buildings x level 8 each) fields would be horrible!  I think it would be a bit easier for BFG to implement, as well. ;)

As for conversion ratio on ships/defenses: I think their debris value is what should be pumped out.  Keep the numbers identical to what is already elsewhere in the game.

I do agree that you should be able to queue up the ships and raw resources, BUT I think they should be attackable while they are in the queue.  (To prevent people from dumping their fleet if it is stuck on a colony that is under attack.)  So the raw resources would still count as plunder, and the ships would be on hold, just like with a pending trade mission.

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 08:35:53 PM »
good point about the ships bud, i agree with your statements there.
however, i cant see a way to make it one building as far as the conversions go, unless of course you were to have a drop menu allowing you to choose the resource being created, but that would mean a locked in queue..

Offline Ta'len

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:18:17 PM »
Well, any ships/defenses you put in would come out with their standard debris, both Ore and Crystal.

When you add resources to the queue, you can specify what it should be recycled into.  You add Crystal, and you can choose to convert to either Ore or Hydro.  Etc.  Once something is in the queue, it should be considered untouchable, just like a shipyard build queue.  You can see what is in there, but you can't remove it.

Offline jc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »
if only the debris is pumped out you'd lose the hydro so you may as well just crash them into an NPC or a lower ranked buddy for some dsp and collect the DF.

some kind of res converter would be good but it would cut into BFGs main income stream so can't see it happening. Maybe something on the res vault that would let you tweak the ratios would work.

cant add much to the faster alien ships idea except +1

Offline Ta'len

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »
Crashing them into an NPC or player requires hydrogen to launch the ships.  Also, it could be a rules violation if you aren't careful when attacking another player.

I definitely don't want to take away the incentive to spend credits on the Merchant... that's why I suggested a building (which will take time and resources to build) that converts very slowly (rather than instantaneously, like the Merchant) and at a poorer ratio than what you would get by using the Merchant.  Plus, like I've been discussing with Deeds, if the resources and ships/defenses in queue can be plundered and/or attacked, then you would need to be careful about how much you put in it.  It would still be useful, but for time considerations, the Merchant would be much better.

In fact, they could even ADD something for credit purchases with this: they could add a Trade Magnus, which can be purchased for 25k credits and increases the conversion rate by 25% for 24 hours.  (Similar to the existing Cargo and Recycler Magnus that are already in place.)

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 12:06:28 AM »
saw it suggested in a different thread a while back but just a thought and ill try to flesh it out, merchant terry.. 1 per 100 systems, and it would disappear for say..3 hours maybe?..each time it was used. would also move itself to a different part of that 100 system area each 2 hours or so..
youd need to launch your resources at it in your ships cargo holds, it gets there, and if you get to it,( nobody beat you to it, and it hasnt moved), then you could perform a merchant trade.
very limited and tricky to catch it, but everyone would at least have a chance!
note: you would of course need to do your transport with enough ships to be able to hold all of the new resource as well, couldnt perform the trade above cargo capacity.

also, the rez vault idea is a possibility to help even out rez levels as well. instead of having it continue to put out X amount of each resource, have it put out x amount of TOTAL rez, and be able to select which resources you want to take out which percentage of that total.
would make the rez vault much more in demand for higher ranked players, as well as the lower ranked.
wouldnt mind some feedback from godstomper on that one(;

Offline gmfeier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »
Just one suggestion - make the Foundry and Construction benefits permanent on the planet. This would make people more willing to enter neutrality mode and give up their terries for the duration. BFG would also  sell a lot of markers. There are not many active players left and the number is still slowly declining because the game eventually comes into conflict with real life for many.

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 12:24:35 AM »
that would take away TOO MUCH of the PvP conflict over labor terrys though, IMHO.
maybe you could put a timer on it though.
after you lose a labor terry(after holding it for at LEAST 48 hours, so that you cant just grab it quick and then let it go), let the benefits of it last on the planet and any connected terry(such as the ASD!!!!) for a 24 hour period afterwards.

so then, if you needed to drop p for a day or more, you could at least continue with normal production for at least the first 24 hours of it. that might help BFG sell more p markers, but also discourage people from using them for more then a day or two at a time. also, and IMO more importantly, would allow an opportunity to, if done correctly, link your construction benefits to a Space Dock for 24 out of every 72 hours.

So back to the OP's initial dilemas i believe my two final suggestions would be, as simply as i can put them:
1) as stated above, allow labor benefits to continue on the planet AND connected terry for a 24 hour period, after previously holding it for at least 48 hours, in order to allow the benefits to be applied to ASD's and at the same time promote SHORT TERM p marker sales for BFG, and allow people another option to take a day off without falling TOO far behind.
2) alter the resource vaults to where you could change the percentages of the individual resources VS the total hourly output. Would make Resource vaults a much larger part of the game, and also allow some help to those who have difficulty with a specific resource(mainly Ore in this uni).

thoughts?

Offline Server Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »
i suggest they turn the labor terrs on there has been none for 3 days??

Offline DeCobray

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 04:53:51 PM »
Alien research to be done on planets they are attached to (Just grey them as unavailable if they are not).

Alien ships built on the planets they are attached to (again, grey them unavailable when they are not, freeze or cancel alien ship builds of territory is lost or expired).

The data can then be used to Battlementat instead of being manually inputted.

That is my wish list, after years of play, I finally got an account just to share that.

I figured that there is one Labour T for every three players and as the numbers decline, so do the numbers of alien territories. They are also spread evenly throughout all five galaxies.

Offline XenaHG

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 09:13:43 PM »
What about letting the Heph resume, lol. I am forever busy building up SY levels on a Dock just to build one in the lifetime of the Dock

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 09:33:51 PM »
You shouldn't have to keep building up the shipyard levels.  They should remain as you left them unless you constantly abandon the planet they were attached to.  And I'm nowhere close to a heph even though I am ranked in the top 25.  But I have almost unlocked it in Uni 3. LOL
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:35:23 PM by Conan »

birthmark-ant