contact
November 20, 2017, 07:52:48 AM

Author Topic: Coming April 2, 2014 - Universe 3  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Coming April 2, 2014 - Universe 3
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:46:23 PM »
We will be launching a new Universe on April 2, 2014. This Universe will be called Universe 3 and will be a 'throw back' style Universe based on the feedback of many of our users. While many of the features/settings for the this Universe have already been selected by us, we are open to feedback about them prior to launch. The Universe will be as follows:

Fifteen planets per system, 499 systems per galaxy, 5 galaxies.
No moons (therefore, no warp gates, no oracles, no lunar docks).
NPCs will be available (territories will not be included).
Fleet speed will be 1.5x speed (the same as Nova).
Build speed will be 3.0x speed (the same as Conquest).
All of the ships from Nova and Conquest will be present (we will not be including the Alien specific ships or their techs from Hired Guns).
The updated Resource Den from Hired Guns will be present (increased storage from other Universes).
We will be using the same newbie protection as Hired Guns (Full protection to 1,000RSP, 5x protection to 250,000RSP, no protection above 250,000RSP).
DSP will be split based on the RSP contributed to the battle and will not be awarded for attacking inactive players or NPCs.
Vacation mode is available (diplomacy mode is not).

If you have questions or feedback, please post it in this thread.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Coming April 2, 2014 - Universe 3
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:46:30 PM »
Statement about creating a new universe.
Sorry Matt....already far far too many unis, the player pool is so so thin already in each uni..i just can`t see the continued logic in thinning all the time... you are killing the unis...
This is frequently mentioned and will be the only time I respond to it in regards to this new Universe. Our plan has always been, and continues to be, to launch a new Universe every approximately 6 months. While there are players that enjoy playing in developed 'long games' there are also many players that enjoy the initial rush and build up of a new Universe. If you like the Universe you're in, then by all means, continue playing there. We'll continue to maintain all of our existing Universes for the foreseeable future. But if you want to try something new (or in this case, somewhat 'retro'), jump in and give it a try.

How many players are you expecting to play "long-term", both "Newbie" and "Seasoned Pros" ?
Our goal is to have as many players that want to play and enjoy this Universe come and play. The more players that enjoy it and tell their friends, the more players there will be.

NPCs
1, and this is probably the MOST popular option Matt, would bring a LOT of players back to the game..
****NO NPC's!****

or 2, Cut the NPC spawn ratio in half, AND impose a cap on them..ie: Nothing EVER spawning with more then 50 Million resources available (Inluding the plunder AND DF in that number)
Tournaments with no NPCs fared extremely poorly. It's unlikely that we'll remove or reduce them for the next permanent Universe as the significantly prolong the life of the game for most players.

Sounds good. I would need more details on NPCs before I sign up though. Will they be capped or limited in any way?
NPCs will be the same as they are in every other Universe.

In respect of the NPC's spawning "correctly" from the onset, WITHOUT any BFG tweaks, after a period of time ?

There has been many discussions on this "hot" topic, and i was just wondering if the DEVS have finally hit upon a solution, that will prevent any BFG "NPC" intervention.
I can't say we won't ever change something after it's been launched. In general, NPCs have been untouched for well over a year now. It wasn't until recently that we adjusted the total defenses downward based on the feedback of our players. We believe most players agree, this resulted in better game play for them.

Perhaps the concept of newbie protection can apply to NPCs?
Newbie protection used to apply to NPCs, but was removed at the request of many players. We do not plan to reintroduce it.

Planet Related (Building/Research/Resource Production/Starting Location)
1: Will our first planet be 320 fields like in HG? I really like the concept of our initial world being max size, instead of the tiny ones from SFCO..
Your starting planet will have 320 fields.

2: 5 galaxies..hmm.. well, also with that first planet, instead of bunching everyone in g1 and slowly working upwards, can we have our inital planets spawn be random in ANY galaxy?
meaning, just as many new players would be showing up in G 2, 3, 4 and 5 as would be showing up in G1.
While I understand the desire to spread away from others at the start of a new Universe, we spawn players the way we do to encourage interaction between players  and do not spawn in the next galaxy until sufficient density levels are reached.

and one more question..mine output? will it be the same as Original? 2x original? etc..  id like to see them be a larger part of game play though, meaning higher output..
The mining output should be the same as Conquest.

Speaking of research, can we speed up the research times?(compared to original obviously). they are soo slow :P
Research times will be the same as Conquest.

One more question.. HG has some pretty damn good missions! a lot more value to them then the missions in original, will we be seeing these same(or similar) higher output missions?
Hired Guns reward payouts will be available in this Universe.

Will Triton be available?
Yes. We will add that to the mix.

Will the tech tree be normal, or will it be like Hired Gunsí (or something else again)?
It will be 'normal'.

Credit Related
As far as neutrality, will that be an option Matt?
Yes. Neutrality protection will be available.

Will there still be the "free" finish on any builds under 5 minutes? i think that was an AWESOME thing early on and still is in HG
Yes.

Lets say after a while playing, you've accrued some items, via the Lucky Draw, that you find aren't useful anymore, would it possible to able to "Give/Trade/Swap" to either a central alliance "pot" or another player ?
I'll share this with the team, but it's unlikely we'll introduce this as it takes away from the elements of 'luck' in the draw.

Alliance Related
Will there be a player "MAX" in alliances?  I also like that, in HG, but think it could be raised to maybe 75 instead of 50..
The alliance cap will be raised to 75 for this Universe.

also, can we look at added beneffits to war?
such as either raising the plunder even higher to 75%.. or giving 1/5x DSP?
War is something that needs attention in every game. However, it's not something we're going to revisit solely for the launch of this Universe.

Miscellanous
One more thing.. can we get rid of "Crew" as a rank please? to be blunt, i think its stupid.
We've made a few changes for this Universe. RSP as a single score will no longer exist and has been broken into Building, Research, Fleet, and Defense and these are scored as 1 point per 1,000 resources spent rather than 1 point pet ship, defense, tech level. Rules related to RSP (i.e. pushing) will look at the aggregate score of these four categories to determine who has a higher amount of RSP. We've also removed the crew score from the leaderboard.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:13:52 PM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me: