contact
November 20, 2017, 03:54:41 AM

Author Topic: Another possible bug?  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
Another possible bug?
« on: March 09, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »
I would like community as well as BFG thoughts on a new tactic being used.  Personally I feel like it's exploiting a bug in the game and that is my two cents on this matter.  It should not be allowed to happen.   Here is the senerio and the reason it shouldn't be allowed.

1.  Person deploys heph from planet.  (Who has also activated a P marker past the time of deployment)
2. Enemey alliance oracal a planet and see deployment of heph.
3.  Enemey alliance colonized said heph deployment location with a planet, then slow attacks it to ninjas heph.    Once attack is in air, they abandon planet so heph will land.

Person about to lose there heph never sees the in coming attack.   If done perfectly heph blows up as soon as it lands.   And it allows someone to attack someone already in P mode

How is this in anyway fair game play?  This is not how the game was designed.   I hope you see that and BFG sees it and does something about it quickly.  And I hope they return the persons heph who this bug was exploited on recently. 

Kaork
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:05:16 PM by Kaork »
Come have a drink with The Dark Side!
Together we will rule the universe as
Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Another possible bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »
We've known about this for quite a while and determined it is not a bug. We recommend you deploy from a moon and don't tell others where you are deploying too.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
She was in p mode Matt.  How does someone attack you in p mode. 

How is never seeig an attack fair play?   You can't recall cause you never know it's coming. 

You never looked cause you were in p mode the whole time.   

Nope this is a big bug sir, I'm asking you re visit this issue
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:13:12 PM by Kaork »
Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »
They didn't attack the player. They attacked the slot where the Heph was launched too. And just like attacks launched before a player enters neutrality protection, the attack will continue to hit whatever is in that slot when it arrives. You should deploy Hephs from a moon to prevent oracles from spying and not tell others where and when you are deploying.

Sent from my Moto X

Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 03:17:13 PM »
And your forcing new players to have moons before they have hephs.   When that in fact is not always the case.   In all instances of beig attacked you always know it's coming.  You may not always be able to do something about it but you see it coming which opens possibilities of things that could be done to save you.   

In this case, your completly 100% blind sided and all while you think your under a purchased protection mode that you paid real money for.   Sorry man but that's 100% bull crap and needs to be fixed immidiatly.

Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 03:20:29 PM »
Ok Matt.

Let's say you speed years building.   

One day,  because you been in pmode for a month  that you paid money to purchase you deploy your heph from your planet

It's blown up due to a loop hole which you've allowed.   Do you return?   Are you very happy?  Do you feel like its your fought because it's a mistake you made?  I mean you were in protection mode, right?   You weren't even thinking about possible ninjas etc.   
Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »
Next time set up a ninja defend using the same tactic! :)

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 03:35:36 PM »
You could always deploy a planet ahead of the Heph to see if there is an incoming attack. Then drop the planet and let the Heph finish reaching it's destination.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline WEG3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »
Yes, it is a known exploit ...
I know of one similar tactic used In NOVA.. BOB taking out Matt the Hammers Heph, last year, using very similar tactics..

As for your initial questions:

1.  Person deploys heph from planet.  (Who has also activated a P marker past the time of deployment)
2. Enemey alliance oracal a planet and see deployment of heph.
3.  Enemey alliance colonized said heph deployment location with a planet, then slow attacks it to ninjas heph.    Once attack is in air, they abandon planet so heph will land.

Was the P marker active before the deployment commenced ?
If so, there is no way that ANY oracle could see it..

Which then leads me to say:
Was anyone else told of the deployment (timings etc.) ?
If so, are/were they trustworthy ?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:39:28 PM by WEG3 »

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 03:38:19 PM »
Lmbo.   What do you not understand. The person is in P mode.  They aren't even thinking it's possible to be attacked. If you can be attacked in p mode what's the point of p mode?   

This is a major loop hole in the game Matt.  Have some coffee and realize a chess game isn't designed to be able to flip the board upside down. 
Sh** Faced as possible!

kru

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »
Yes, it is a known exploit ...
I know of one similar tactic used In NOVA.. BOB taking out Matt the Hammers Heph, last year, using very similar tactics..

As for your initial questions:

Was the P marker active before the deployment commenced ?  makes 100% no difference. 
If so, there is no way that ANY oracle could see it..
what? WAIT!!!!! who is giving you your facts?  Any player in p mode or d mode (and even v mode) can still be oracled.  Only thing is, if your the player in p mode you cannot oracle

All in all it is something perhaps that bfg 'may' wish to change.  However, given how you can deploy a heph 100% invisible from a moon i doubt they will.

I would also suggest (nicely) that players ensure they know mechanical facts before posting.

I have done things like this before.  If a player wishes to deploy a heph whilst in any form of protected mode (p mode or d mode) then they will....however, the more savvy players amongst us should already be pointing out that:

1 - This is not a bug nor a glitch
2 - That when you do it upon someone it is perfectly fine and acceptable
3 - That the attackers in fact did not attack the player, they attacked a location which had been abandon and replaced with a heph.....p mode or not a battle would still ensue

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 04:06:50 PM »
Nonsense Koark, it's a sound strategy. You can scan someone in p-mode, you can even attack someone in p-mode if you launched before it was activated. There is simply no reason to launch anything from a planet unless it is headed to it's moon. They exploited a user error, not a game error.

Offline WEG3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »
 * feeling totally :-[ *

You are correct Kru..

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 04:26:10 PM »
Diffinition of P-mode - a player can not be attacked while in p mode .

Not only was this player attacked,  there heph was destroyed and they never once saw the in-comming attack being completly 100% blind sided. 

You may call that a tactic. I call it a bug and I hope someone finds one to exploit on you.   The user isn't in error she was in p mode.   She should be able to deploy anything anyway she wants. She isn't supposed to be able to be attacked per the diffinition of the p mode.
Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »
Yup, you are absolutely correct, there was no user error. Therefor you and your mates should continue to launch from planets whenever possible.