contact
November 22, 2017, 03:39:17 AM

Author Topic: Another possible bug?  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
Re: Another possible bug?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 04:44:02 PM »
Twist it anyway you want kranger.  It comes down to one simple Fact. If I pop a pmode token you should not be able to attack me. Period end of story.  This tactic exploits a loop hole In the game that allows someone to blow up someone's heph while they are in P mode.  That is breaking the game written diffinition of what p-mode is and That itself is the diffinition of a Bug. 

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:56:09 PM by Kaork »
Come have a drink with The Dark Side!
Together we will rule the universe as
Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline meeeeeee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »
This is an example of a player not knowing the dynamics of how to use p mode or basic heph movements.   Kaok you have used p mode enough to know that YES you can be attacked in p mode.   Before you enter it and if deploying a heph you MUST secure either the slot you are deploying to or use a moon. (Or land and THEN extract from p mode) This has always been true even long before p mode was available.   Ive attacked players the same way in the past.   

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 04:59:24 PM »
What happened to your little fleet was a bug, this was strategy. LAUNCH FROM A MOON!!

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »
Again your putting things in that didn't happen

This person wasn't attacked before they hit p mode

This persons heph was attacked with a hidden attack mind you they could not even see, while they were in P mode.

You can not be attacked once you've entered p mode.  By diffinition written by BFG in the rules.  Stop trying to twist it to something else.  The diffinition itself is being broken and this is a loop whole that allows it.  Not some mistake by the user.  User did what they were supposed to do. They clicked a p token they are supposed to be safe from attack.   

Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 05:07:27 PM »
Teach your alliance members with a new heph how to use it before they deploy.    #1 always use a moon to deploy from and if there are no moons in your Uni then make sure p mode is in place before starting the deploy.    Hephs have been around for over 4 years, this isn't a new tactic and definitely not a bug.     
aka Babe Ruthless

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 05:09:55 PM »
Personally,... I thought everyone already knew,... ... ... ... D'oh,... ninja'ed... what Jacq said.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

kru

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »
omfg.....

stop acting like such a massive boob.

it is not a bug
it is not underhanded
the player did NOT get attacked
Your failing to understand the difference between a heph and a planet (a heph can roam a planet can't)

Why you so hating p mode?  just because a player is in, or heads into p mode why should an attack not land?  Just as attacks still land if a player hits v mode or toggles into d mode.

Deal with it....you asked for the communities thoughts but your not willing to accept them.

The player obviously has no concept of how to play, and thats testiment to deploying from a planet..

the player was not attacked, but the slot in which the heph was deploying to was attacked.  Killing hephs like this actually takes a lot of skill , co-ordination and timing and it is much more fun.

A vacant system slot cannot be protected, and you above most would be aware  attacks would still land or execute even if a player was in  p mode or headed into p mode

kru

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 05:12:53 PM »
Teach your alliance members with a new heph how to use it before they deploy.    #1 always use a moon to deploy from and if there are no moons in your Uni then make sure p mode is in place before starting the deploy.    Hephs have been around for over 4 years, this isn't a new tactic and definitely not a bug.   

Again, whether p mode is initiated before or afer the deploy it makes no difference.

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 05:13:27 PM »
No monkey.   That will not solve the problem of someone doing what the games says they are supposed to be able to do except for when there is a loop hole

Game states- I buy a p token. I activate it before I have any in coming attacks' I am safe from attack until that p token time is up or I deactivate it. 

That is exactly what this person did yet there heph was destroyed during there 'safety' peace time.

That in itself is wrong anyway you look at it.  No matter what you think the player can do to avoid it, it isn't what they can do, it's what is wrong and right and allowing this loop hole because you can train a user to work around it is wrong.

A work around is never a solution to a problem and being able to be attacked while in p-mode by diffinition written in the game rules is a problem.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:17:16 PM by Kaork »
Sh** Faced as possible!

kru

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 05:20:43 PM »
Game states- I buy a p token. I activate it before I have any in coming attacks' I am safe from attack until that p token time is up or I deactivate it. 

congratulations....your almost at the stage of reaching your epiphany.

How do you check for incoming attacks which you can't see?

If (like in your universe) you toggle into d mode, you would expect any attack launced prior to the target entering d mode to still land? same as with v mode?

How about those attacks bounce off or just turn around because at the point of battle the player is/was protected?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:22:37 PM by kru »

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 05:26:20 PM »
congratulations....your almost at the stage of reaching your epiphany.

How do you check for incoming attacks which you can't see?

If (like in your universe) you toggle into d mode, you would expect any attack launced prior to the target entering d mode to still land? same as with v mode?

How about those attacks bounce off or just turn around because at the point of battle the player is/was protected?

Your still adding things that didn't happen.  Attack didn't happen before she hit pmode it happen during her p mode.

My argument is true and solid. Just cause some one twisted it around last time it was brought up doesn't make this right

Lilly was in pmode she should not of been able to be attacked. Period. Much less with a blind attack you can't see like some sort of cloaking tech.  It's a bug any way you look at it and something needs to be done.
Sh** Faced as possible!

kru

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »
your argument is weak and you know it.

she was a noob plain and simple.  her planet got oracled and her deployment got caught.  why you find it so hard to comprehend.

How many players get oracled on a daily basis that are p mode, d mode for this exact reason.

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 05:35:36 PM »

Sorry if not knowing about a loop whole in the game is considered being a noob well then you've made my point.  Your going to allow a noob be exploited by a game bug loop hole and try to twist it to be ok because you like losing members of the community and game. 

Lily White‎
1 minute ago
[ delete ]
Diz...I certainly didn't know about this loophole.

Sounds to me like something not talked about, just one of many up-the-sleeve non-bug things that seem to keep cropping up with really high level players especially any connected (officially or casually) with BFG.

Yes...I know, my bad. I should have made sure I launched from the moon.

So what?

If rules mean nothing why have them?

Quote from the wiki:

"A Neutrality Marker can be purchased from the store and will protect your ACCOUNT from ALL attacks..."

Doesn't say anything about my ships, my planets, other planets, colonizations, deployments, orbiting, or locations. It says ACCOUNT & ALL attacks.

The simple fact of the matter is that I was not under attack when I took off.

The simple fact is I was not under attack when I set the p marker.

I was not under attack until just 92 seconds before my heph landed. In P mode.

How hard is that to understand?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:37:36 PM by Kaork »
Sh** Faced as possible!

kru

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »

I was not under attack until just 92 seconds before my heph landed. In P mode.

really??????????

then why the hell didn't she recall if she knew she was under attack?

a whole 92 seconds she had to hit that BIG RED button called 'cancel'

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 05:40:42 PM »
Firstly she meant 92 sec after her heph landed. U see you can't see the Incoming attack while your heph is deploying.  Further more

She was in p mode.  Duh. She wasn't there, only reason she knows that is Imad told her her heph showed 92 secs before they landed.   Pick someting else out to comment on to change the subject and take eyes off the facts so You sir don't have to be wrong about something.  Just cause it always has don't mean it's right
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:43:10 PM by Kaork »
Sh** Faced as possible!

birthmark-ant