contact
November 20, 2017, 03:58:22 AM

Author Topic: False advertisement and sweeping it under the rug!  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
False advertisement and sweeping it under the rug!
« on: March 09, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »
As I scroll through things that BFG is advertising for purchase as a product on their website I come across the P-marker.   Wiki defines the P-marker as such:

A Neutrality Marker can be purchased from the store and will protect your account from all attacks for 24 hours. Some universes have additional markers for 1 hour, 8 hours, 7 days, or 30 days. Markers can also be won in Lucky Draw. Neutrality mode is also know as p-mode as the player’s status is shown as “p” in the Galaxy Screen.
A neutrality marker cannot be activated while you have attacks out from or returning to a planet. Additionally, you cannot activate a neutrality marker while any fleets are out from your Hephaestus. While in neutrality protection, you cannot harvest any debris fields, launch an attack, launch an espionage mission, or send or receive a group defend. However, the effect can be canceled early by taking an aggressive action (you will be prompted for confirmation). Any unused time is forfeited.
In universes with Moons, where the Oracle is available, you cannot use it while in protection from a neutrality marker. However, you can be scanned by others’ Oracles while in neutrality protection.
A player in p-mode will not be purged from the game, and will remain unattackable, even if inactive, until the protection expires.

Yet there are tactics being used and approved by BFG that allow players to attack and destroy you while your in protection mode.   The players and BFG will say it's ok because you the players should of known not to deploy anything from your planet.   Today I let all the players know of this unknown 'known' tactic and the board quickly turned to players that use this tactic personally attacking me and BFG hiding this board.    They do not have anything in the wiki about it for your knowledge so I'm letting you know now purchasing pmode does not protect you from being attacked as it is advertised by BFG.   In theory this could lead to potential law suite in which you spent 1000's of dollars on this service and were lied to and therefor lost everything you have because someone used this approved tactic against you.   Having a copy of this would go along way in your case.  In either case of a case or not.  At least you know now your not getting what you pay for when purchasing p-mode.  How many other little 'loop holes' like this are there?  Who's to say?! BFG allows and hides this one who knows if there are others or not!

Kaork
Hated by all for standing up for the players. 
Come have a drink with The Dark Side!
Together we will rule the universe as
Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline gypsy88

• View Profile
Re: False advertisement and sweeping it under the rug!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:18:01 PM »
Really dude... You still with this ??? No one is gonna bring a law suit over a freaking game...  ::)

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »
Before Matt locks or deletes this thread I wanted to throw out that I do think it is a bit strange that Hepha deployments can be Oracled when colonizations cannot.

That is all.

Offline Commander imad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 11:42:31 PM »
A heph is deploying as a ship and is still a ship when it lands . Big difference . And heph deploying is invisible if you deploy it from your moon ! Which Koarks member has 8 or 9 of . In the current version of the game if you don't have a moon it's likely you don't have a heph . Guess Kaork isn't gonna let this go...lol
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:47:17 PM by Commander imad »
Leader of the Pilgrims of the Blacksun
Keepers of the Light
And the universes last hope vs the darkness

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:51:41 PM »
Big difference .

I'm not seeing the difference.  The initial Hepha deployment is on its way to creating a new planet (albeit a mobile one), the same as a Gaia.  And subsequent moves are invisible, of course, also the same as a MAC.

I'm not saying it needs to be corrected, just acknowledging that it is odd, IMO.

Offline Kaork

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 11:55:32 PM »
Really dude... You still with this ??? No one is gonna bring a law suit over a freaking game...  ::)

Shows what kinda bubble u truly live in.  I don't know about you but I live in America where people sue and win because they were served hot coffee that was to hot.   I didn't say I was suing anyone, I said it has potential under the false advertisement act. 

I suggest you google 'lawsuits over freaking games' and read the pages after pages lawsuites over freaking games.

Further more the fact you think it's frivolous to sue over a game is beside the point and is no reason to allow false advertisement.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:58:22 PM by Kaork »
Come have a drink with The Dark Side!
Together we will rule the universe as
Sh** Faced as possible!

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 11:59:23 PM »
On the other hand, you could say that there is a certain symmetry (between Hephas and MACs) in that initial Hepha deployments can be Oracled, whereas MACs can be Oracled when they are undeployed (that is, if the fleet is returning to an existing planet or moon).  But then again, it's not vulnerable to the tactic being complained about.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 12:05:39 AM »
The wiki is a user editable guide to playing the game. If you have an issue with it you are welcome to suggest an edit.

If you're threatening a lawsuit, you're welcome to communicate with our lawyers and your access to our games will be revoked.

Sent from my Moto X
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:10:40 AM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
kru

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 12:12:19 AM »

Shows what kinda bubble u truly live in.  I don't know about you but I live in America where people sue and win because they were served hot coffee that was to hot.   I didn't say I was suing anyone, I said it has potential under the false advertisement act. 

I suggest you google 'lawsuits over freaking games' and read the pages after pages lawsuites over freaking games.

Further more the fact you think it's frivolous to sue over a game is beside the point and is no reason to allow false advertisement.

ok, just to clear something up right now before you get yourself banned from all games by BFG.

Your not planning on legal action over flase advertisement?
Your not planning any form of action against them (in any form, even a strongly worded letter)?

Sure, google lawsuits on games....then google and read all of the actual  applications and successful lawsuits that have occurred around the world on these types of games.  (under the freedoms of information you can find what the application was and whether the case was successful or not).

Either way, your a fool as your trying to qoute law when you do not understand it.  Whilst BFGs sites are accessable publicly, they are not public sites :D  Therefore (and this is proven) BFG do not advertise in any sense, so you cannot prove that they flasely advertise.

In fact, your GRIPE (like a moron) is based on the wording contained within the wiki....... no i'm no fuc king rocket scientist, but BFG do not update the dam wiki...

case lost, now fun off

kru

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 12:12:54 AM »
dammit....mr moto x beat me to it (dam typos slowed me down)

kru

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 12:14:44 AM »
On the other hand, you could say that there is a certain symmetry (between Hephas and MACs) in that initial Hepha deployments can be Oracled, whereas MACs can be Oracled when they are undeployed (that is, if the fleet is returning to an existing planet or moon).  But then again, it's not vulnerable to the tactic being complained about.

T^hats kinda the way i see it Z.

You can't see a heph when it docks, and you can't see a fleet when it colonises.

However, you can see on the flip sides :)

I suppose, the similarity is because the heph is a ship, and when disptached it is 'deployed' and by coding deploys are visable......perhaps BFG may want to change that and perhaps they wont :)

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 12:26:02 AM »
Oh God, did he just say "I live in America where people sue!"? I'm so embarrassed right now.

The Soloist

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:34 AM »

If you're threatening a lawsuit, you're welcome to communicate with our lawyers and your access to our games will be revoked.

+1

Offline Dizbuscoord

• Appearing daily at hollywood studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:08 AM »
Lawsuits are a waste of time.
Mistakes were made by the person deploying the heph.
There was no wrong committed by Imad.
The only things I can suggest are a warning posted in the wiki or failing that, refunding the credits paid for the P mode.
This is a suggestion, like it or leave it.
What will that cost a buck or two?
Member:  7th ARC
In space no one can hear you scream, but they can hear you curse.
10 hephs killed, Veteran of 15 wars.

Offline REMBROND

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 02:40:17 AM »
Whole problem would be solved if incoming attacks on a planet abandoned would automatically be recalled back to base.  I find it uncomfortable that Diplomacy & neutrality modes can be worked around.  I have heard many say that you should know better than to deploy from planet, but thats a weak position.  Not everyone is going to know that and Neutrality I guess suggests a somewhat false sense of 100% protection.  If this is the way its going to be, it should be written down somewhere for users to see rather than discover by trial and error.