contact
September 24, 2017, 03:05:55 AM

Author Topic: Greasemonkey "Territory Tracker" Script  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
Re: Greasemonkey "Territory Tracker" Script
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »
Here you go buddy:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/479947

That was easier than expected. Let me know if you have any problems with it. Oh, and you owe me some hermes probes now. ;)

Hmm :/ I jus ttalked to Pengy/Eljer and he said this could technically be considered illegal by BFG, because he says "its automatic behavior, goes against the "one click per one server action" rule" which you kinda have to follow when writing SFc scripts. So I'd like to hear from Matt H on that one, hoping since it's just a nuisance removal script he'd be okay with it...?

#4 isn't very likely do-able. The SFC implement message expirations so they can save space in their database. And since this takes place on their server, I would have no control of this whatsoever. I might be able to do this by storing messages in a browser cookie, but I don't know if cookies can store that much data and storing them in cookies would mean they wouldn't be available for you if you switched to another computer for playing SFC. It would likely be better to submit a feature request to the SFC developers to maybe have it so that each player can have X number of saved messages.

How about storing them on Matt H's open parser website? I suggest this before askign Matt so o lordly BFG representative don't suspend me out of scorn... ;D

#1, I'm not the biggest fan of working on other people's scripts, but if they're available to me I can at least take a look at them.

From Pengy/Eljer about someone else updating his scripts: "Sure. helps others out without me having to do anything. win win"
Just in case you didn't know where they were: http://eljercode.com/

As for exactly what is or isn't working with them, I'm not playing either hired guns or Uni3 and I'd assume that,s where most of the code breakage occurs. I did see one with the modified espi scripts on my end on some peoples' espis(SFCN) but if you're wanting and willing to fix the scripts then you'd probably need a "Script debugging" thread somewhere on the forums.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
In general scripts cannot perform actions automatically or the violate our 'one action per click rule'. However, in this situation, I'm not likely to take any action against a user automatically deleting their own messages when viewing their inbox. We may not be able to help you recover them though should your script go awry.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 03:01:16 AM »
Thanks for the scripts, they are a very good addition.

Offline ThisGuyIKnow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 11:37:03 PM »
Just wanted to shoot a quick email to y'all to let you know I'm not ignoring you, just really busy, both at work and at home. Sigh.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 03:55:45 AM »
Oh theres another possibly impossible thing on my wish list... :-[

Have scripts that can be run on a tablet or smartphone... Fatbuddha has something on his wiki about installing his battlementat script on Firefox for mobile but I haven't been able to make it work on an Asus tablet running Android... Any ideas?

I also have an Iphone but I assume running scripts on there will be impossible with anything short of a jailbreak. ?

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 02:04:40 AM »
Here you go buddy:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/479947

That was easier than expected. Let me know if you have any problems with it. Oh, and you owe me some hermes probes now. ;)

:(
does anyone have it elsewhere to download? userscripts is constantly down for me :/

TimeLord uni3

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 04:55:47 AM »
Thanks!  :)