contact
November 18, 2017, 12:11:59 PM

Author Topic: The Triton  (Read 1725 times)

Offline JohnJupp

• View Profile
The Triton
« on: April 30, 2014, 08:25:48 PM »
OK so I see that Uni 3 has the Triton used for capturing other ships etc.

I assume that any recovered ships solely applies if you win a battle with a fleet that also contains Triton's and that any captured ships returning to your base from a capture don't get there if those Triton's and your attacking fleet are destroyed?  Anyone advise please?

Also as a ship anyhow in a mixed fleet, how beneficial are these Triton ships?
Quote from: \"Butcher\"
John.. What to say? If there is such thing as a classy hunter, he´s your guy. Thanks for all the fun, buddy.
Quote from: \"Morat\"
What with this and your previous post, you do know you\'re a raving nutjob, right?
First To Break Starfleet Commander Nova - I Claim It

Offline Tuxedo

• View Profile
Re: The Triton
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:57:45 AM »
my opinion of the Triton in Uni3 is simple, nope you dont need them.

Uni3 has plenty ability to make ships at will vs Guns were the foundry and certain SY is hidden behind the Coke machine at the end of the hall make a left then thru the exhaust vent go to 7 1/2 floor pry the elevator door open...(literally) Triton in Guns makes getting a few ships out of battle nice.

Pros-
captures a few ships
demoralize your enemy as they watch their ships make you stronger mwauhhh
fodder kinna
fast as your fast caps

Cons-
need 100ish Tritons to get 1ship in battle
have little-no cargo or power
dro hogs (both launch and any losses in the battle re-builds)
brings home the most popular ship in battle ie. 500 Tritons and caps attack npc with 5000Arts 3000Atlas 100Athena 10Hades you bring home 3Arts and 2Atlas
--
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
Henny Youngman

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 07:04:16 PM »
I agree with Tuxedo except that I think they are a waste in HG too. LOL  Too little return for the expense.  Better to build ships that hit back.

Offline commander twilight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:15:32 PM »
Ive been using them on NPC attacks to great effect, so far ive nabbed over 150 thantos and 2 zeus being the top of the wins.
Got to have them in THousands though as otherwise they dont steal any ships worth having.
I suggest using them on NPC hits you stand to lose no ships this way less likely to be losing points through them.

kru

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 02:34:23 PM »
OK so I see that Uni 3 has the Triton used for capturing other ships etc.

I assume that any recovered ships solely applies if you win a battle with a fleet that also contains Triton's and that any captured ships returning to your base from a capture don't get there if those Triton's and your attacking fleet are destroyed?  Anyone advise please?

Also as a ship anyhow in a mixed fleet, how beneficial are these Triton ships?

ok, just to clarify:

1) you do not need to win the battle to salvage ships.
2) you can also salvage your own ships lost in the battle
3) if your fleet is 100% destroyed, then no, you will not salvage any ships

In a fleet mixture against anything other than NPCs they are usless.  They are pretty slow and really worth the time or effort (as Tux points out)

My advise is simply to build and use tritons and only use against NPC SEF/EF/LEF but make sure you battlecalc first..

Also, remember that you are more than likely only going to salvage BS ships.....

eg..I sent an attack yesterday against an LEF which had 7k posies, 3k athena and 2k ships contributed by arties/atlas/zags...i sent 5k tritons and managaed to salvage only 100 ships (all atlas and arties)

So, in short.... a big no no against active players; but a nice thing to use with your thanatos fleet against NPCs

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:07:57 PM »
I found amusing how nobody is mentioning the cost of sending a triton to battle...

That ships needs hydro to travel, and even without considering the building cost, it requires to grab at least a poseidon on a trip 30 SS long, that considering the 1 percent sucessful rate...

It is just a waste of resources to built and to use... i could not design a worst ship

kru

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »
I found amusing how nobody is mentioning the cost of sending a triton to battle...

That ships needs hydro to travel, and even without considering the building cost, it requires to grab at least a poseidon on a trip 30 SS long, that considering the 1 percent sucessful rate...

It is just a waste of resources to built and to use... i could not design a worst ship

i find amusing that you do not consider the hydro cost of ships you build and the cost it has in which to send them on attacks!!

so, does that mean that by your deffinition, those shipos are worse also?

and of course, your the gaming god aren't you?  when i look back over the featuire suggestions i see NOTHING from you.  It is that kind of attitude nard that makes BFG simply say fuk you to its users and doesn;t bother with anything.

Tritons when used correctly at the correct times are a worthwhile ship, of course, they will never replace the speed at which you can build, but then i suppose whilst i am in bed and my tritons are salvaging 2-3k ships everynight........

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 09:42:32 AM »
There are so many features suggested by me, that you have no idea, no counting the countless bugs that have been fixed tha ks to my reporting...

I am sorry that you are unable to comprehend the reasons why a triton is useless, but by all means please keep building them, will make your account stronger and stronger...one day when most of the players have quit, you might break in the top 100...

kru

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »
i am sorry andy, sorry that you were always unloved, sorry that you have your head shoved so far up your own ass you will never see daylight again.

stop being such a tossa with pedantics, just because you see things one way and others see things differently doesn't mean nor justify in any way either way is wrong.  Lets face it nard (cause it is the truth) you just don't like being wrong.....on this occassion you are WRONG!!!

So, try taking your head out (if its even possible after all those decades) and looking at things from a sensible, more productive posistion.

I would advise you STFU! you and your  numpties already got called by me when you were crying over wars.....and what did you do? ? ? ? ? ?  Ran away crying with your windsack of excuses.

So, if you wish to have productive convcersation, one where your opinion isn't the only viewpoint of the game, then fine....otherwise STFU and fun off

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 04:32:07 PM »
Am I wrong?

Let me see... if the fuel (hydro) to send a 100 Tritons cost more than the equivalent of the ships that they collect... what is the use for such ship? Every time you use them you lose resources...

Can you understand that? Maybe in a easier way... Tritons have 1% chance of collecting ships, therefore statistically you need 100 to grab one ship, hence you need to add the hydro cost of 100 Tritons and compare it with the grab. I did the math long ago, and sending Tritons over 30 SS they would need to grab an average of 1 poseidon every 100 Tritons, to make the trip profitable.

kru

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
nard, i have not stated that the use of them is sensible, or overtly beneficial, certianly against active players as they are sloe, and as you describe....offer a poor investment.

However, tritons do have a use, and can be used effectively if you know how to do so. For example, hydro costs are always reduced by sending them with slower ships, or at reduced speed.

Now, whilst it is not a ship i suggest (or argue) that you should build in the hundreds of thousands, having a few k of them isn't really a bad idea if you know how to use them and take advantage of them...

again, another example is to learn what they are very vunerable against and what they are less vunerable against....learn what ships to send to send them with..

now, i am not as active in the field as you, or many others...i just dabble, but there are many ships i have not built (as i build other things) but my tritons have salvaged a fairly big amount of ships (and i don't even attack NPCs that often)

so....for my 6k tritons that i built i have salavged the folowing:
Artemis: x346
Atlas: x328
Erebus: x25
Apollo: x223
Zagreus: x63
Hercules: x113
Dionysus: x53
Empusa: x5
Curetes: x5
Poseidon: x80
Carmanor: x572
Pallas: x7
Athena: x16
Hades: x76
Prometheus: x7

Now sure, i could easily just 'build' those ships, but to be fair...thats a pretty good return on salvage for simply doing overnight fleetsaves

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 03:20:59 AM »
You have not paid those tritons, with your overnight fleet saves...

There is no math to justify the building of tritons, and the waste of having to move them around. With what you have grabbed you did not paid for the tritons that you built.

However, I see that you really enjoy grabbing ships, since you keep a very accurate account... If using tritons and stealing ships makes you happy... please keep doing so, it is a game and everybody should play it for fun, however do not use maths to justify the use of such ship. You would have made more profit building dios and FRSing overnight to those small DFs of 4-5 mil that are littering the universe

kru

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 03:44:10 AM »
hmmm, so your trying to tell me i am using math to argue a point i am not arguing in the first place! not to mention the fact i am using no math....

It is easy to keep on top of what i salvage (not capture) when i know exactly what i build..

In fact, it is more cost effective to fleetsave with tritons, salvaging ships and then harvesting with dioys..

Now nard, as it seems real apparent, you like to argue with everyone that your way is the ONLY way to play, and when directly shown your way is not the only way; you condem others ways of players..

oh and ps....should i wish to overnight FRS on the small dfs i have plenty of dioys in which to do so....however, i choose not to do so, simply so i can ensure the bulk of dioys are readily available for when i return to the game..

In fact, this post truely does show with great disdain your lack of understanding of this game.....

Building tritons for the way i choose to play is not about immediate rescource return....However, by the time you take into account plunder and debris i have more than made 100x the return investment of my small triton fleet..

To calculate overall product return on tritons is not worked out on an immediate effect, it is something you do over time.  Moreover, given how i use tritons with my thans on NPC EFs/LEFs i make plunder and debris as well as the collective rescources for the slavaged ships (turns into a very nice profit over time)

In any regards, tritons are not a long term ship to use as they are weak against more or less most ships, so the bigger the NPCs get, the less likely i am (or anyone else) is to use them
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:48:30 AM by kru »

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 04:40:07 AM »
Whatever, you are right...

It is pointless to have even a small discussion with you. Be happy with your Tritons LOL

BTW try to avoid to contradict yourself in a single post, at least do it over a few post.

6K tritons, 18 mil Ore, 12 mil crys, you could have built several crys and ore mines, let say upgrade to ore 39 and crys 35 on 9 planets...this would give you an extra income of about 20 mil ore and 6 mil crys per day.

Your mighty Tritons might be able to collect at best 60 ships per attack, even if you play 24 hours, means no more than 250 ships per day. Even considering an avg of pos per grab, it means 5 mil ore, 1.5 mil crys and 500K hydro... Yeah really they are very profitable ship

PS: I cannot imagine what would be my account if I had built a few K tritons, instead of none  8) 8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:49:40 AM by Andrea Nard1 »

kru

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 04:59:14 AM »
rofl....nard i most likely have better infrastructure across 3 of my planets than you do all 9..

so, before you start crying like you always do it is usually customary to gather intel on a persons account before you attempt to disclaim it...

thing is, building is fun, and to build i don't need ships......developing an account, albeit slowly, is something i know how to do and know how to do very well..

and i would happily laugh in your face at the fact you have spent more money on this game in the last 7 days than i have since it was released, and i still have better buildings than you!!!!!!

but once again nardette, it is all good that you have desire to hold such an attitude with a self proclomation in that you believe your way is the only way, the best way and therefore anybody who doesn't do it your way is wrong.....