contact
November 19, 2017, 02:16:00 PM

Author Topic: Heph Build Time  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Conan

• View Profile
Heph Build Time
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »
Apparently you MUST buy credits to build a heph in Hired Guns or win the ship synergist and construction engineer in the lucky draw (good luck, I have won neither).  Not only does it take months to even unlock the thing you are then greeted with a 330 hour build time which is more than any territory will survive.  I am told that you CANNOT resume the build after it expires.  I have SY 15 with 6 droids.  SY 16 takes 268 hours with Cap 10. I could upgrade the capital but not enough to get the SY high enough before next year.  Maybe BFG could allow this one ship to be RESUMED?

Offline Conan

• View Profile
Re: Heph Build Time
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 02:44:47 PM »
Matt's response below to my game ticket question.  Not very satisfying.  So it is nearly impossible to build a heph in Hired Guns without buying it.  I think that should be changed.

Matt Hirschfelt, May 28 09:36:

You are not able to resume ship builds. You would have to start the build over.

Matt Hirschfelt
Community Manager
Blue Frog Gaming

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 02:49:05 PM »
And I know, I could do some surveys or watch some videos but only about half the videos award any credits and most of the surveys either don't give credits or they try to give my computer a virus.  Same thing with the "download and install" of games.  They usually try to infect my computer.  No wonder so many players have quit Guns.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 07:26:48 PM »
And I know, I could do some surveys or watch some videos but only about half the videos award any credits and most of the surveys either don't give credits or they try to give my computer a virus.  Same thing with the "download and install" of games.  They usually try to infect my computer.  No wonder so many players have quit Guns.

try logging in from facebook. If you have a smartphone or a tablet (or better yet both) you can download apps from there for free and get a really good amount of creds on a weekly basis. You just DL and open them and get credited. You can erase them afterwards. And even if you dont have one you can just borrow a friend's or a family member's.

In the regular free credit options page tehre are two tabs on top (Offers/Surveys). The Surveys tab isn't oen for surveys at all, rather it's a different free stuff company. Offers is superrewards which has indeed been plagued lately with bogus games and shit full of malware, and the Surveys tab is Peanut labs. Theres less offers but they're more legit.

Offline The Real Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 08:25:28 PM »
Well I just found my reason to quit. I have been in V mode for several weeks and was going to continue playing to get my Titan unlocked and built so I could FRS my fleet. No need to continue. Sad day indeed. Glad I did not spend the time needed to get it unlocked. Glad I had not spent any money in this version. Starting to regret all the money I have spent in the other versions.

Offline Arcade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 02:32:32 PM »
that was part of the reason i gave up playing,also the territories seemed to be around for less time .a month before i left the terries were around for about 240 hours so with the synergist and commander i could have built it but then they all seemed to be spawning with 150 hours so not a chance in hell of getting it built

kru

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 06:19:13 PM »
same here...this is one of the reasons i left..

I made a statement a long time ago that whilst BFG have taken a good number of steps in a good direction, they themselves have failed to understand some of the more, most basic time mechanics, which will effect the game....Of course, some people (no names mentioned) really just enjoyed insinuating that i knew nothing, and know nothing..

What BFG should have done is made the territorys ability available to the planet (not just the territory) for example:

Alien Space Docks:

Building Alien Ships, the territory should have all the pre-reqs unlocked (such as shipyard, production link etc) and then once held by a planet, the ships should be built on the planet...

This would mean that any ship actually being built at the time of the territory de-spawning would continue to be built, whilst anything in the que would be deleted..

But, i cannot prove this because when i first realised this issue i just opted to say screw it, deleted everything and allowed the account to get deleted

Offline jc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 08:32:56 PM »
same here...this is one of the reasons i left..

I made a statement a long time ago that whilst BFG have taken a good number of steps in a good direction, they themselves have failed to understand some of the more, most basic time mechanics, which will effect the game....Of course, some people (no names mentioned) really just enjoyed insinuating that i knew nothing, and know nothing..

What BFG should have done is made the territorys ability available to the planet (not just the territory) for example:

Alien Space Docks:

Building Alien Ships, the territory should have all the pre-reqs unlocked (such as shipyard, production link etc) and then once held by a planet, the ships should be built on the planet...

This would mean that any ship actually being built at the time of the territory de-spawning would continue to be built, whilst anything in the que would be deleted..

But, i cannot prove this because when i first realised this issue i just opted to say screw it, deleted everything and allowed the account to get deleted

They should have fixed the labor benefits to the planet too once built so once you lost a labor you could grab a dock and build alien ships on your planet at construction speeds. it would have saved the uni but bfg dont listen so people are voting with their feet

its now 776 above 5 points down 26% on last months 976 which was 23% down on april

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »
@arcade, I just got a labor with 168 hours but I think you are right about 200+ hour territories. They may have limited it to force purchase of credits to get a heph. I am feeling manipulated. They are killing the uni but that might be their intent.

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »
I just calculated the time to unlock the Zeus. I figure 1900 hours just to upgrade the seeker drive from level 8 to 12. That will be after the other necessary upgrades. Crazy really.

Offline jc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 11:53:55 AM »
i'll be ready in 100 days if i research nothing else before then

i could probably start a new account in original and build a zeus before then

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 02:18:42 PM »
I'm giving up on the zeus.  Time is better spent on upgrading other items.  I will reduce my FRS costs once I finally build a heph and put my ships on it.  I have to believe that BFG didn't realize how much time it would take to research and build the zeus and heph.  Or they were stupid to think players would just pay for it.  Instead players quit and started in the next uni as did I and unlocked all the ships much sooner.