contact
November 22, 2017, 12:53:46 PM

Author Topic: Returning Player  (Read 1084 times)

Offline computerbitz

• View Profile
Returning Player
« on: May 30, 2014, 01:18:51 PM »
Returning player aint played in 4-5 years last game was in Extreme and i have just rolled in Original and Uni 3 had my own fleet but its gone now so looking for a home so who taking washed out old dudes in

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
Re: Returning Player
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »
Depends what kind of player you are... casual, competitive, big spender, NPC farmer, PvP aficionado?

Can't suggest a "right" uni for a total stranger.

Xcept Conquest. Don't play Conquest. :o

Offline computerbitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »
Used to be very competitive  after so long away i think i will have to get a feel for the game again only stumbled back in as i was deleting a load of old fb games and though oh this and BFG's SDE i used to play a fair bit lets see whats new and what isnt

Offline Dizbuscoord

• Appearing daily at hollywood studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 03:25:18 PM »
Come visit us in Grey Wolves in Original
Member:  7th ARC
In space no one can hear you scream, but they can hear you curse.
10 hephs killed, Veteran of 15 wars.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
SFCO, Uni2, Xtreme and X2 are pretty much the same (except for speed differences). NPcs have changed a lot if you ever encountered them, they grow in size relative to player growth, so you're looking at ever growing resource amounts in these unis. Makes mines useless so there arent much differences left there.

At least with Xtreme and X2 the speeds are fast enough that people are farming NPCs with Zeus fleets, whereas SFCO and UNi2 need big prom fleets so hydro is a huge problem there (needs many H trade merchants to keep you running). Also all these unis provide monster DSP for NPCs so it made PvP effectively dead (unless for some die hard fans of it and some alliances in SFCO who are plunging in galactic alliance wars).

Nova has the same NPCs as the other unis except they have additional ships. Thanatos fleets are generally what's used at the moment to farm NPCs for good speeds (4-5 hour runs) and little hydro expenses (so little H trade needs, but some are still required). It also doesn't give DSP for NPC so Pvp is alive there.

Conquest is broken. Unless youre willing to trade for H multiple times a day and spend 20-50$ per week I suggest you choose another uni. However if you really like huge numbers you can barely read and you don't care if it makes sense or not then by all means go there.

hired guns tried to revisit Conquest territories (which were the first iteration and are broken) in a completely radical and different way. I haven't played there so I can't speak muc for it. If you want somethign radically different then you might want to give it a shot.

Uni 3 is the newest uni and sort of a retro uni. It has all the ship types (xcept hired guns) has the same growing NPCs, has bigger and very good missions (click click) but does not have moons (no warp gates or oracles). Uni3 also features a good amount of returning old timer players.

Offline computerbitz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 04:30:40 PM »
I loaded Conquest up then read that it was busted so haven't done anything in it. I then went uni 3 cause of pretty much what your saying though i have got Original uni loaded up aswell though haven't made a start in that yet. Wasnt much in ways of NPC when i 1st played they was slowly being introduced so it was Missions and PVP along with trade alot of the time.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 09:00:07 PM »
just to sum up my long winded post you have IMO four options:
SFCO
Nova
Hired guns
Uni3

Offline Dupres

• Mumintrollet säger Muuuu...
    • Twitter - @joyrider19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
Conquest is great,not broken,warmly recomend it!!
Cherries kicking the balls....