contact
November 22, 2017, 12:55:58 PM

Author Topic: Rule interpretations and deceit  (Read 1663 times)

Offline gmfeier

• View Profile
Rule interpretations and deceit
« on: July 07, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »
He entered vacation mode and lost his Heph and fleet 45 minutes later even though there was no sign of an attack when he activated it. Unlike p mode, there does not appear to be anything in the rules that would permit this. You really should return his fleet and resources and tweak vacation mode to not activate for a player under attack.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:58:41 AM by gmfeier »

Offline Londo

• View Profile
Rule interpretations and deciet
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »
After having activated (v) Vacation mode I was attacked and lost me Heph and fleet in Uni 3.
At the time I activated Vacation mode,there was NO indication I was under attack.

You entered vacation mode at 2014-07-03 22:07:25 UTC
Attack report:
Date: 2014-07-03 22:52:04 UTC
Nearly 45 minutes AFTER being in vacation mode an attack landed. Per BFG Rules. :

Vacation Mode
Vacation Mode allows you to protect and freeze your account if you will be away from the game for an extended period of time. While active, you will not accumulate any resources and you cannot be attacked unless your account becomes inactive. You will be marked inactive after a period of 35 days and risk account deletion after an additional 14 days. Vacation mode can only be activated if you have no fleets out or building, research, or upgrades pending. Finally, please note that once active, your account will be in vacation mode for a MINIMUM of 48 hours.

"While active, you will not accumulate any resources and you cannot be attacked unless your account becomes inactive." . NO caveat there. I should NOT have been attacked.  Or at the very least NOT have been able to go into vacation mode while an attack was in bound.
BFG's own rules Back my claim.
Yet here is Matt's response to my complaint.:
Matt Hirschfelt, Jul 07 09:12:

The attack was launched before you entered vacation mode. All attacks currently inbound when a player enters any protective state (neutrality, diplomacy, vacation) are allowed to land. As such, I cannot refund any lost ships or resources.

Matt Hirschfelt
Community Manager
Blue Frog Gaming
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
He is adding a caveat that is NOT listed in any game rule. . Making a ruling with NO justification by their own Rules as stated.

Offline Londo

• View Profile
Thank You.  I have gone thru several versions to find any justification for the slight I have been handed. NONE has been found .
But it appears they wish to ADD a caveat after the fact.
It may be a game glitch,but by their own rules as written,I should not have been attacked.
I also agree,to avoid this type of slight in the future,Vacation mode should not be allowed to be activated while an attack is in bound. Even if not displayed on planet or fleet screens.

Offline spaceman stewie

• View Profile
Londo I have sent them a ticket in support of your rightful claim

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
nothing they can do, if an attack was inbound (and it had to be as you cant hit a fleet already in v) it is legit.

problem being is that when you clicked the page on options to enable v you must have missed the (!) symbol and just toggled v and left it

before doing anything in this game always refresh, except a ninja then dont
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
Re: Rule interpretations and deciet
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
matt is correct, you never refreshed in order to make sure there was no inbound attack

an acount in v cannot be hit therefore the account wasnt in v when the attack was launched.

people seem to think that v, d & p are ways to avoid being hit - they arent and you need to be vigilant both before and after toggling
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Jasonb_03

• me Scrotus, you DSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 04:46:09 PM »
I'll be double checking me fleet screen before I ever v mode again
I AM SCROTUS   HEAR ME ROAR lol

Offline Londo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »
When I clicked on v mode it was due to family issues.
There was NO indication an attack was launched. No Red outline of Heph was visible. 
Matt is adding a caveat to the rules as posted AFTER the fact.  Then there is also the position it is a game glitch.
How can one click on Vacation mode while an attack is in bound but not indicated?
Now lets go the other route. I am a seasoned long time player.  Do you really believe I would risk a Heph and battle fleet on the off chance I would not be hit?
Seriously, Had I seen an incoming attack, I would have messaged the attacker and hopped it.
THERE WAS NO INDICATION TO ME THAT I WAS UNDER ATTACK.
That makes it a game glitch and I should have my ships and resources restored as this is Their cause,not one of my own making.

kru

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »
i', sorry, but even after 5 years of playing i still get amazed at how some people just don't understand basics.  Perhaps, and just maybe a little too much here, BFG assumed that players understood a basic concept....that whilst not in any protective mode you can be attacked.

Perhaps BFG will have to stop treating us the like grown ups that we are supposed to be.  There is a reason in any case the age restriction is set to 13, and that's because (it applies here in the UK, maybe the US also) but that age is what is known as the age of RESPONSIBILITY.....

Sure, i'll admit, the timing really does suck, but most people always leave it a few minutes before activating V mode....myself, i generally have 2 pages open....one to initiate, and the other to refresh

Offline Londo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 04:52:39 PM »
Attack report:
Nearly 45 minutes AFTER being in vacation mode an attack landed. Per BFG Rules.

The In game message stated I was in vacation mode.

kru

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
There was NO indication an attack was launched. No Red outline of Heph was visible. 

Again, common knowledge that an attack can take upto several minutes to show as incoming, but will show immediatley on the fleetscreen.  I actually have dozens of tickets from BFG informing of this exact thing.

That in itself kinda emphasises the point i made in the previous post (and Phil M's) about the need to refresh

kru

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 04:55:49 PM »
Attack report:
Nearly 45 minutes AFTER being in vacation mode an attack landed. Per BFG Rules.

The In game message stated I was in vacation mode.

also, as per the rules, your account is ONLY protected from the second you enter....At any previous point to that you are not protected!  This means that players can still launch valid attacks upon you until the point your physically enter dip, vac or p mode

The concepots of the game have been known for years in that attacks launched on players entering diplomacy mode will still land AFTER dip mode is entered (thats how we got a lot of players in uni1) and the same has always been the same for V mode and P mode.

Sure, what you expect and what happens are 2 different things

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 04:56:10 PM »
When I clicked on v mode it was due to family issues.

You need to check your fleet screen to make sure before doing anything

Matt is adding a caveat to the rules as posted AFTER the fact.  Then there is also the position it is a game glitch.
How can one click on Vacation mode while an attack is in bound but not indicated?

That has always been the case, same wiht d and p modes

Now lets go the other route. I am a seasoned long time player.  Do you really believe I would risk a Heph and battle fleet on the off chance I would not be hit?
Seriously, Had I seen an incoming attack, I would have messaged the attacker and hopped it.
THERE WAS NO INDICATION TO ME THAT I WAS UNDER ATTACK.
That makes it a game glitch and I should have my ships and resources restored as this is Their cause,not one of my own making.

Other route is exactly the same

its not of your own making but you got hit due to negligence, no matter what you do check the fleet screen as a seasond vet you will know that the attack triangle doesnt always show imediatley and can in some cases take a couple of minutes, the only way to be 100% sure is to check fleets screen before and after doing anything.

Sorry but its always been like that since original some years back, and if you are claiming to be a seasoned player you would know this.

kru

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 04:58:11 PM »
You need to check your fleet screen to make sure before doing anything

That has always been the case, same wiht d and p modes

Other route is exactly the same

its not of your own making but you got hit due to negligence, no matter what you do check the fleet screen as a seasond vet you will know that the attack triangle doesnt always show imediatley and can in some cases take a couple of minutes, the only way to be 100% sure is to check fleets screen before and after doing anything.

Sorry but its always been like that since original some years back, and if you are claiming to be a seasoned player you would know this.

you just repeating everything i said lol :P :P :P

kru

it sucks, it sucks it really does suck....your not the first person for this to occur to in the history of SFCO, but the ruling is 100% accurate and correct

birthmark-ant