contact
November 22, 2017, 03:39:29 AM

Author Topic: Rule interpretations and deceit  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
Re: Rule interpretations and deciet
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
you just repeating everything i said lol :P :P :P

it came up that there were 3 new replies, lol - i elected to post without reading them as i was clarifyong my earlier post :)

arent you riker in uni 3? you stole some of my DF last night before going pmode
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

kru

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 05:08:15 PM »
it came up that there were 3 new replies, lol - i elected to post without reading them as i was clarifyong my earlier post :)

arent you riker in uni 3? you stole some of my DF last night before going pmode

no...i am named after my star sign :)

pisces i don't really devote much to that game, so just trudging along slowly building buildings and doing techs

Offline Londo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »
Like I stated,it was not my negligence. It was either open theft and disregard for the Rules as written , or a game glitch.
As vacation mode is instant,and you have NO further access ,How does it activate if an attack is in bound?
Rules state clearly :
"While active, you will not accumulate any resources and you cannot be attacked unless your account becomes inactive."  I was never inactive.

There is NO caveat or exemption to that rule. Only AFTER the bug report and ticket were sent did I get screwed by the added caveat of it was already launched.
Unlike d or p mode, Vacation mode ceases all access for 48 hours.
You both can keep all your innuendo's of me being incompetent or negligent. I am not. As written, The Rule supports my belief . The In game Time stamps verify my claim. Under the Rules as written,the attack should have been turned around or bounced.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 05:45:01 PM »
The wiki states (and has stated since December 9, 2009) "incoming attacks sent before vacation mode was enabled will still land. Vacation mode only prevents future attacks from being sent."
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 05:51:33 PM »
you are correct in that whilst in v mode you cannot be attacked

the attack was launched before you entered v mode therefore you can be attacked

you failed to check your stuff and as such have no stuff left to check

you might not like it but thats what happened and since you didnt FRS you lost your fleet!

its still funny how people think by purchasing or toggling these modes they think that they are safe if they just leave their ships in place
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Londo

• View Profile
kru , "it sucks, it sucks it really does suck....your not the first person for this to occur to in the history of SFCO, but the ruling is 100% accurate and correct". Really now?
You entered vacation mode at 2014-07-03 22:07:25 UTC
Rule states with NO caveat or exemption :
 While active, you will not accumulate any resources and you cannot be attacked unless your account becomes inactive.
Attack report:
Date: 2014-07-03 22:52:04 UTC

Using the Rules as WRITTEN , I have been the victim of a glitch or unwarranted attack.
To say it is , "..100% accurate and correct" is childish and wrong.  The Rule,as written,is precise. "you cannot be attacked". I was , therefore, I should have all my fleet units and resources restored as they were Prior to the attack.

IF both Matt and BFG are NOT going to Honor and Respect the Rules as Written,why have them at all? 
I took a severe loss due ONLY to their false acceptance of a caveat NOT previously in the RULES.
They too MUST follow the Terms of Agreement we  subject ourselves to. The ruling IS Faulty on the Written Evidence of the Rules of play.

Unlike some, I can not spend huge sums of money on gaming. So I must follow the rules AS THEY are given. The wording IS SPECIFIC.
"you cannot be attacked" while in Vacation mode.
I received the In Game message of :You entered vacation mode at 2014-07-03 22:07:25 UTC

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 06:20:31 PM »
You weren't attacked while you were in vacation mode. You were attacked before you entered vacation mode and that attack was permitted to finish.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
kru

To say it is , "..100% accurate and correct" is childish and wrong.  The Rule,as written,is precise. "you cannot be attacked". I was , therefore, I should have all my fleet units and resources restored as they were Prior to the attack.

lol seriously?

it appears that you consistent moaning about it is the childish part, and the fact you cannot swing your head around it is the part thats wrong..

However, lets consider it this way...if you launched an attack against another player, who when you checked had hit V mode, i am 10000000000000000% certian you'd be smiling and laughing your ass off as it hit.

Your looking for pedantics in the rules, trying to find something which doesn't exist.  you are looking for answers within the rules....well newslflash buddy, the rules as they are, are not in its full description.  That is what we, the more resiliant and skilled players use the wiki for (you know, for the information to sit alongside the rules)

You are accusing BFG of something underhanded which has always existed.

You were not attacked whilst in v mode, the attack landed whilst you were in v mode (thats called technicalities).  You were attacked when you were active and attackable.  And, as you pointed, the rule IS precise, it says you cannot BE attacked, to which you were not.

so a break down for you:

attacker probes you (maybe a shodow probe)
attacker launches
You hit v mode without refreshing first
attack lands

Offline Londo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 07:43:24 PM »
Only because I am not a money , Credit card player do you FAIL to follow the rules as Written.
Just more elitist bull shit.
Spend money,get rulings in your favor. Don't spend money, Tough Luck sucker.
Here is the RULE as Written:
Vacation Mode

Vacation Mode allows you to protect and freeze your account if you will be away from the game for an extended period of time. While active, you will not accumulate any resources and you cannot be attacked unless your account becomes inactive. You will be marked inactive after a period of 35 days and risk account deletion after an additional 14 days. Vacation mode can only be activated if you have no fleets out or building, research, or upgrades pending. Finally, please note that once active, your account will be in vacation mode for a MINIMUM of 48 hours.
Not to use it as it is WRITTEN is deceptive Practices.
No wonder the games are dying so fast. Unequal Enforcement of the rules by BFG management.
Matt , How Long did it take you to pull out that wiki source?  Anything to violate Stated Rules as Written.
Rip off the little guy. You must be a mentally disturbed Liberal.

Offline Londo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:20 PM »
Matt , "You weren't attacked while you were in vacation mode. You were attacked before you entered vacation mode and that attack was permitted to finish."

Is that not a game glitch that stole my fleet units then?
Oh,but that would mean you are wrong. As we KNOW you are in this instance.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 07:46:31 PM »
You must be a mentally disturbed Liberal.

When you start making personal attacks, you've already lost the argument.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Londo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 07:50:52 PM »
Matt , If you must,use the entire line and do not take it out of context.
"Rip off the little guy. You must be a mentally disturbed Liberal.".

Yes, You deny my Rightful Claim and rip off the little guy, me in this instance.
So much for hard work and effort.

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »
dont worry they have done the same thing to me, refund one player who created a sob story and told me that they dont keep records and cannot help me

AND I DO PAY

go figure

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
Re: Rule interpretations and deceit
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 08:48:17 AM »
I one time launched a great hit on a dweeb, and he toggled vmode instead of thinking about his actions, I believe this is the case here and no way should Londo get his fleet back.

Offline Caterine

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 03:35:31 PM »

Rip off the little guy. You must be a mentally disturbed Liberal.

Conservatives favor personal responsibility.

You had best re-read the wiki...

Vacation mode is an option found on the Options page from the link in the footer. It has the effect of immediately freezing the account. When turned on, a player will not be able to be attacked or probed until it is turned off, however incoming attacks sent before vacation mode was enabled will still land. Vacation mode only prevents future attacks from being sent. Vacation mode is indicated by a (v) after the player's name on the Galaxy screen.

It is possible that the attack launched a second before you toggled Vmode which would account for you not seeing the inbound. Sorry to say, it is just bad luck.
Caterine - SFCO
Mosquito - Extreme
Witchblade - Hired Guns

birthmark-ant