contact
November 22, 2017, 12:54:36 PM

Author Topic: Away on work mode?  (Read 860 times)

Offline bufordjohnson

• View Profile
Away on work mode?
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:01:58 AM »
Could there be any way to arrange an exemption to the inactive player rule? In a year or so my job will start sending me to areas for several months at a time where I will have either such limited internet connection that I will not be able to do anything outside email or I will not even have access to the internet at all. I would really prefer not to lose my progress because I would have no choice.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
Re: Away on work mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:26:53 AM »
I believe you can buy any number of months of p mode and your account will be maintained and unattackable until you return.

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 03:32:48 AM »
An account can still go inactive while in p mode.  It just will disappear without being attacked.  Depending on the universe, why not use vacation mode (if available) and be sure to log in once a month?

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 03:39:53 AM »
No, your account is not supposed to be deleted until the (p)neutrality you've paid for expires.  That should work for times where you know you won't be able to log in for several months, where (v)acation mode will not.

kru

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
if you play a universe which has (v) mode, i believe you can contact BFG and they can put in place something which will prevent the account getting deleted..

I know of a few people who have had this done when they were sent on deployment, or for other reasons which prevented access to the games..

# not sure if the same would work with (d) mode though..
## you are correct with p modes, an account in p mode will not get deleted until the p mode has expired

birthmark-ant