contact
September 21, 2017, 12:23:34 PM

Author Topic: BFG Allowing Cheaters To Continue Playing  (Read 2426 times)

Offline brakeman

• Living life
    • View Profile
BFG Allowing Cheaters To Continue Playing
« on: August 27, 2014, 03:59:45 PM »
It appears BFG is now allowing cheaters to keep playing.. Guess I am done here unless it changes.. I want everyone to see this message from BFG..

Jason, Aug 27 11:22:
We ban accounts not players. Therefore it isn't against the rules for him to play a different account. However we will keep an eye on this account to see if he continues to abuse the rules.
Jason
Blue Frog Gaming Support

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
Re: BFG Allowing Cheaters To Continue Playing
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »
I am done too, whats the point in punishing cheats with suspensions, when they can start a new account, with no penalties.

This is so wrong.

kru

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:06:27 PM »
funny, seems in every universe obvious multi accounts are being allowed to continue as they are....I gave up reporting those cheating a long time ago, especially in conquest as Jason and the team (matt) always came up with some BS excuse about it being legit....

kinda makes you think that for real, BFG no longer care what we as players get upto in these games so long as the money keeps rolling...

I am glad you made this post, because many players were starting to think the same.

Whilst it is true, accounts get banned and not players it is however against the rules to be playing more than one account (it is whats known in the trade as multi accounting) unless, of course BFG have been notified of account ownership changing hands (only reason for similar IPs on differring accounts)

Offline brakeman

• Living life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »
When we started they were so strict about the rules. Based on being run by Christians.. They seem to have thrown that all away for the mighty dollar.. Sad.. I will be leaving and finding a good PS game to play if it is not fixed.. Thx Kru & Sam

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »
It appears BFG is now allowing cheaters to keep playing.. Guess I am done here unless it changes.. I want everyone to see this message from BFG..

We ban accounts not players. Therefore it isn't against the rules for him to play a different account. However we will keep an eye on this account to see if he continues to abuse the rules.
Jason
Blue Frog Gaming Support

Might i ask what gives you the right to comment on this as the "cheat" is playing the account that you sold him?
Why sell your account to a "cheat" and did the alarm bells not start ringing?
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline brakeman

• Living life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »
I did not.. I sold it to another person and they in turn gave it to him. That gives me the right Phil

Offline Fear UFF DA

• First locked thread in uni3 Claimed it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »
BFG Does not support account transfers.

There in hence, when you perma (S) a player it falls to the account - Unless IP suspended from all uni's
the action in which i was convicted, was not a strong enough act to warrant an IP suspension from BFG, I also made sure to clear with BFG my ability to play before taking over the account.

Thank you all for the Love. Brakemen (you don't play any uni but conquest anyhow) so.. good job at selling the account that was given to you! Glad i didn't have to pay for it!
First Locked Thread in Uni3 Claimed

Offline buckweed 1

• “ Load up drop in and kick ass”
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 05:02:26 PM »
Jason
Blue Frog Gaming Support

this is incorrect bigdog was banned permanently in uni2 by BFG ok it was fer threats to a bfg's member and family , but it proves  a player not just an account can be banned from the game .
uff da is a disturbance to the game and to the players who play the game he should be banned from the game permanently as intended ,not allowed to get another account willie nilly , bfg needs to stamp down on these cheaters or they will lose more players than uff da can get multis
Have fun always:)

heph kills : lost count
zeus kills : lost count

still playing
uni 3
nova
ereodon

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 05:18:41 PM »
I did not.. I sold it to another person and they in turn gave it to him. That gives me the right Phil

funny how as soon as your account was sold, everyone suspected it had gone to its current owner.

Oh well, BFG don't support account sales in any way so you have nothing to be bitter about!
You sold it and moved on, not your concern any more!
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline brakeman

• Living life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »
Not concerned about the account. But about the ability to get suspended and start playing another account in the same Uni..

Offline Athena

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 05:51:30 PM »
BFG Does not support account transfers.

There in hence, when you perma (S) a player it falls to the account - Unless IP suspended from all uni's
the action in which i was convicted, was not a strong enough act to warrant an IP suspension from BFG, I also made sure to clear with BFG my ability to play before taking over the account.

Saying BFG does not support account transfers or sales is like saying they do not support the sale of alcohol in Ohio...it's untrue and irrelevant.  They may not facilitate the sales or transfers of accounts, but they know about them and have not stopped them.  Those willing to pay money for accounts are also willing to pay money within the games...it would be stupid for BFG to forbid that process.

About the topic of cheating, multi-accounting, etc.... BFG has always been a bit odd on this.  For example, perma-suspending all the player's alt accounts but not the main account (as in Winnie the Pooh and the Honey alliance drama years ago).
The company does not seem to actually want to get rid of cheating in this manner, just to slap the players a bit and let them carry on. It makes having rules against multi accounting or cheating kinda silly. IMO
............................................................................................. Kiki .............................................................

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 06:12:04 PM »
the rules are based on the account not the player

the account that the player had used is now perma S

the new account hasn't been and was sold on and apparently sold on again, the only person that has any claim to what happens to that account is the current owner.

the account is thus far clean and was gifted to Brake so I cry foul ball on complaining about any occupancy issues.

The new owner is free to start from scratch again

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »
The company does not seem to actually want to get rid of cheating in this manner, just to slap the players a bit and let them carry on. It makes having rules against multi accounting or cheating kinda silly. IMO

I dunno, it makes sense to me.  (I mean, besides the fact that the rules define what constitutes cheating.) They want people to stop cheating (specifically, not multiaccount), not stop playing.

Offline arbitraryfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »

Jason
Blue Frog Gaming Support

If that does not make any sense to you, then neither will bought account owners also owning the previous owners suspensions. I remember some issue from x1 about suspensions carrying over to new owners though I can't remember who it was.
Competing in conquest is like competing in the special Olympics. Even if you win...

kru

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 12:44:26 AM »
If that does not make any sense to you, then neither will bought account owners also owning the previous owners suspensions. I remember some issue from x1 about suspensions carrying over to new owners though I can't remember who it was.

not sure what you mean, as youmust be hitting the bottle again...however, i do recall a discussion with jason where he clearly stated that warnings and/or suspensions are marked against the account, not the player

birthmark-ant