contact
November 22, 2017, 12:57:03 PM

Author Topic: Shadow probe  (Read 370 times)

Offline arbitraryfrog

• View Profile
Shadow probe
« on: September 02, 2014, 06:53:49 AM »
How about making it an alien ship with difficult tech to unlock? Even throw in a new alien esp tech to unlock it?

Furthermore, give it a reticule us res cost like 1mil crystal and long build times so they won't be built in numbers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:28:34 AM by arbitraryfrog »
Competing in conquest is like competing in the special Olympics. Even if you win...

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
Re: Shadow probe
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:48:33 PM »
The shadow probe is very useful in Hired Guns.  I remember I wanted one planet in another galaxy to lead the attack on a territory with a probe so that it would be have the territory attached to it, but be held by other ships from a planet underneath the territory to protect it.  My eradeated probes were too quick and would not go slow enough even at 10% speed to allow the time needed to initiate a group attack and still join with the ships and resources from the adjacent planet.  A shadow probe did the trick though. :)  Once the territory was gained, I just deployed the shadow probe back to the owner planet.

As to your suggestion to being able to build them at a ridiculous cost using alien technolgy, requiring the use of the alien space dock to build them when they can be obtained free in the lucky draw:  I have to disagree.

birthmark-ant