contact
November 19, 2017, 02:15:16 PM

Author Topic: Guns 2 please  (Read 731 times)

Offline arbitraryfrog

• View Profile
Guns 2 please
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »
Hired guns 2, please.

Basically, I started 3 unis at the same time around about the same time Radeon was launched. Those unis were the most recent launches - uni3, hired guns, and eradeon. Uni3 was abandoned first because there was too much res coming from missions, which felt stupid. Eradeon was abandoned second, even though it was a recent launch, because it was too slow. Guns I found interesting so I decided to hang on to that, even though the numbers were low and the uni was dying. I think guns has to be the best uni so far and much more interesting than any other uni. The territories add more depth to it and make it much more strategic, though I can see why some don't like it because of some issues raised. If you can fix those issues which people found annoying and launch a 2nd version, you can count me in and I am sure many others would love it.

Speed up the alien ship builds
Simplify the tech tree

Anyway, I would stick around but I don't have time to rebuild. Have to get busy busy  8)
Competing in conquest is like competing in the special Olympics. Even if you win...

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
Re: Guns 2 please
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 01:40:06 AM »
Uni3 was abandoned first because there was too much res coming from missions, which felt stupid.

Guns I found interesting so I decided to hang on to that, even though the numbers were low and the uni was dying. I think guns has to be the best uni so far and much more interesting than any other uni.

Except that the missions in Uni 3 are the same as those in Hired Guns, are they not?

Offline Caterine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 02:50:50 AM »
There are many similar missions, but the required ships and time is very different.

For the same resources in each...
(375,000 ore, 247,750 crystal, 50,250 hydro)

Uni3 (3 proms) is done in 33 minutes
Hired Guns -- (40 proms and 40 carmanors) takes over 5 hours.
Caterine - SFCO
Mosquito - Extreme
Witchblade - Hired Guns

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 02:55:25 AM »
Ah, okay, I didn't realize the situation was even worse in Uni 3.

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 10:22:01 AM »
Research eh?

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
You have to research arcnet on the alien territories, so why not research the alien techs?  You'll be happy you did when you gain some alien ships.

kru

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »
Oh, Yes, I know, and I did. I was just making a point to zarchne that it isn't as straightforward to unlock missions in guns as it is in uni3. Even the crew droid requires finding and building a territory, deploying transporters to it and whatever, before you even look at the research requirements for the ships. Then the space dock has to be built up and ships unlocked etc. it really is a convoluted process that takes time and notes and much more bs than it is to simply hit a NPC.

hmm yes me likey that comment....

I would argree with a HG2 with a similar fashion, but i would urge BFG to allow players to build these things on planets instead of territories....

ie...you'd still need the ASD to build any alien ships, but instead of having to build them on the ASD you would now build them on the planet held with the territory..

With the 'pause' feature they implemented on those territories, this could be carries over to the planet ina similar fashion, that way if you loose the territory you can find another, and until you do, you can't complete the build..

For me, that was one of my bigest issues, was having to build EVERYTHING on the territory