contact
September 24, 2017, 03:09:26 AM

Author Topic: Design Flaw  (Read 3275 times)

Offline The Real Highlander

• View Profile
Design Flaw
« on: November 10, 2014, 06:51:39 PM »
I wanted to make everyone in Conquest aware of a design flaw because BFG want do it because they want your MONEY and I do not want you wasting your hard earn money like I have.

For over 10 days my Zeus fleet has froze up 5 times and the attack would not go through. It is not happening on every attack but often enough that it is an issue for me. I had been working with Jason to try and resolve the problem. This morning I had another attack freeze up and submitted a trouble ticket and the below reply is from Matt:

"Because of the ship counts involved on the NPCs it can take a significant amount of time to process the battles. Unfortunately, this is unfixable for us and Conquest will continue to encounter this problem more and more frequently."

I for one will not be putting anymore money in this broke game. I just wasted $600 dollars to build more Zeus because BFG changed the ships formula on the NPC. If I had known about this design flaw I would not have spent the last $600 and BFG has refused to refund my money. They even gave me 1M Credit to shut me up. Well the joke is on them I am disputing the charges with my credit card because BFG has failed to provide what they promised.

Offline The Real Yogi

• View Profile
Re: Design Flaw
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 07:01:30 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to drop some more cash on this game, not now. Please let us know how the cc dispute comes out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:04:44 PM by The Real Yogi »

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
i sympathise, i really do, but disputing the charges will have 0 affect.

Firstly, BFG provided what you paid for, which is credits.  The purchase of credits doesn't mean things will run smoothly, it does however provide the means for companies to make investments where needed into software/hardware upgrades to ease of potential issues/problems.

Obviously, at some point this was going to happen in relation to things freezing, the change implemented was a needed change because the majority of players in various unis were throwing  tantrums, obviously, the flaw BFG made in relation to the change was not examining each universe individually.

All i can say is that by disputing you will force BFGS hand in regards to perma suspending your account until either deletion, or the issue is resolved
gT brn b Th rk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
To be honest don't know if I will really pursue the dispute the credit card charges. From looking into it I would probably loose because I have been playing the game for so damn long. I am just extremely pissed off at BFG for taking everyone's money in a game they know is broke. Too me that is very unethical.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 04:02:28 AM »
As with every player that has opted for the 'dispute charges' route, disputing the charges will result in your account being suspended indefinitely.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:27:04 AM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline The Real Yogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 01:29:24 PM »
As with every vendor who tells their customers, "We don't care how much money you spend, we're not fixing it." inaction will result in your income being suspended indefinitely.

Offline WEG3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
Where's that darn <LIKE> Button, when you need it....   8) ;) lol

<LIKE>  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
Matt I understand and if I decide to go that route I will be fully prepared to except those terms.

For me its not about the money, its about the service I receive and frankly the service I receive sucks. I should not have to ask over and over to get something fixed.

The sad thing here is I probably want dispute the charges because I am to lazy to figure out how to do something I have never done before.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 02:16:53 PM »
Matt the fact you felt it was necessary to warn me gives me hope because I did not have much of it after talking to my Credit Card company yesterday. Thanks.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 03:16:49 PM »
Matt I am going to publicly give you a choice here. You told me that Zeus ships exacerbates the design flaw as you call it because of the rapid fire. Here are your choices.

Fix the problem and until the problem is fixed give me the resources from the attack. I run battlecalc before every attack and it is spot on for each attack so we can use it to figure out how much resources I should get.

Don't fix the problem but give me the resources from the attack.

Don't fix the problem and not give me the resources from the attack like you have been doing. If you chose this option then I will submit a dispute with my credit card company and see what happens. If you choose not to respond I will assume you chose this option.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »
Matt do you even understand my issue. My issue is I built 1.444Q Zeus and I can't use them.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 03:20:19 PM »
Matt I am going to publicly give you a choice here. You told me that Zeus ships exacerbates the design flaw as you call it because of the rapid fire. Here are your choices.

Fix the problem and until the problem is fixed give me the resources from the attack. I run battlecalc before every attack and it is spot on for each attack so we can use it to figure out how much resources I should get.

Don't fix the problem but give me the resources from the attack.

Don't fix the problem and not give me the resources from the attack like you have been doing. If you chose this option then I will submit a dispute with my credit card company and see what happens. If you choose not to respond I will assume you chose this option.

When users act like this, it makes us regret trying to extend the life of the game for you by increasing the cap on everything above BIG INT. We warned you at that time that numbers larger than BIG INT would be unstable and continue to have problems. You ignored the warnings and continued playing anyways. And now you just want to act like an extortionist with your demands.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »
I for one will not be putting anymore money in this broke game. I just wasted $600 dollars to build more Zeus because BFG changed the ships formula on the NPC. If I had known about this design flaw I would not have spent the last $600

Did you seriosuly put THAT MUCH MONEY into conquest?

The game's been broken for ages, and BFG'S desperately (thumbs up to them) tryign to patch it with duct tape.

You can rejoice though, I can find you a #1 account in another uni for the low low price of 1,000$. For you I'd consider it a bargain.

And you'll be putting money into my pocket, not BFG's. Thought for food.

Matt do you even understand my issue. My issue is I built 1.444Q Zeus and I can't use them.
No, your issue is you just spent a shitton amount of cash into a (broken/defective/problematic/flawed) uni and now you're regretting some of your life choices.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:28:20 PM by Pantin »

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »
You told everyone the game was fixed. That was what this change to the NPC was supposed to do.

Fine you do not want to put anymore time trying to fix this problem. I am not asking for all my money back. I am only asking for the last 600 dollars I spent.

Just give me the last $600 dollars I spent. Take back the Zeus (Leve me 740T Zeus) I have built with it and the Hydro I have on my Heph and the 1M Credits you gave me and we can call it even. I will continue to play your game but I want put anymore money in it.

CAN YOU DO THIS?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »
@ Patin - Its my money and I will do what I want with it. If you did not spend all your money on Booze, Drugs and hookers you might have some.

I would never purchase an account from anyone. I enjoy building it up myself and I would know I did not do it myself. I never regret any life decisions I make except maybe this dumb ass one responding to your remarks. I do not regret spending the money but if I had known that my Zeus fleet was  not going to work I would not have spent the money. When I pay for something I expect for it to work.

birthmark-ant