contact
September 21, 2017, 12:24:25 PM

Author Topic: Is ok to let your close friends to know that your are quitting!!!  (Read 2178 times)

Tired of cheating

Jason, Jan 27, 10:18:
It is not illegal to let other players know that you are quitting, as long as you don't actively set up a retirement party.

In other words... post on your alliance boards..."I am quitting" and anything that comes after is perfectly legal!

Thanks BFG!!! smartest ruling ever seen

Latest update

And tell me what is the difference it these statements

a)   I am quitting, my fleet will be in xx.xx.xx and you can hit anytime
b)   I am quitting, my fleet is on planets
c)   I am quitting, will move my heph to xx.xx.xx
d)   I am quitting, will leave my heph in xx.xx.xx
e)   I am quitting, you know where to find my fleet
f)   I am quitting!!!

Which one is against your rules?

Jason, Jan 27, 15:36:
All but f would be considered illegal.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:48:11 PM by Tired of cheating »

Guzz

Re: Is ok to let your close friends to know that your are quitting!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 10:23:08 PM »
I'm tired of the cheating too, especially the ones that are under attack and miraculously have someone else frs for them.  It's all bologna.

Offline STK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 10:31:58 PM »
exactly  :P

Offline Dr.Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »
yeah nard, pot calling the kettle black a bit eh? wait..arent you banned from the boards?

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 12:33:03 AM »
Anyone know who Loye is playing as ???
oxo = beef stock.          xXx = Laughing stock.

Tired of cheating

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 05:33:20 AM »
I shared a ruling with the rest of players, I am not accusing anybody of cheating.

I just commented that is a poor ruling, anyway it is important that all players are aware of such ruling.

On a side note, you should be aware that if a player is quitting, he does not attack you, in such case you will have to lift your fleet, wait for the fleet to return to his planet and that you can hit it, possibly avoid a oracle lock.

Yup I have been banned from the forums, but sharing such ruling was important, and was the only way.

Matt can lock this account, is not a problem, it has fulfilled the needs.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 04:23:27 PM »
Anyone else notice how over the past few months we've had a relatively peaceful forum environment with everyone more or less getting along, drama free, and enjoying things like the War Tournament in Original? Then Andy, who at one point swore he would never play any other games created by BFG, comes back to complain and stir the drama pool back up because someone probably destroyed some ships he thought he deserved to destroy? I hate to tell you, but this isn't a new ruling.

Welcome back though Andy.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »
Anyone else notice how over the past few months we've had a relatively peaceful forum environment with everyone more or less getting along, drama free, and enjoying things like the War Tournament in Original? Then Andy, who at one point swore he would never play any other games created by BFG, comes back to complain and stir the drama pool back up because someone probably destroyed some ships he thought he deserved to destroy? I hate to tell you, but this isn't a new ruling.

I would not call the forums peacful, I think dead is a better description...

Matt where have you been?

Any news on Eradeon extreme?  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Dr.Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 07:32:40 PM »
too peaceful? must not be doing my job..ill get right on that.. lol

eradeon extreme? YES PLEASE

Offline Blue Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
Yes please new uni soon getting bored
Captain Saltywaters
CEO of Gross Misconduct Alliance

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 06:14:59 AM »
So Blue Nova, is Andy referring to you? I notice that your fleet is now gone in Eradeon.

Tired of cheating

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 05:26:12 PM »

I hardly see any drama on my OP...in fact I see a lot of on your one. Definitely not a post that a moderator should make, stirring the pot and creating animosity on the thread.
I reported a ruling (in the appropriate thread), commented about it, and I also said I should be banned from the forums. Your conclusions that I am crying because someone took out some ships that I should have taken are just fomenting drama and inappropriate... If you could stick to the topic would be very much appreciated, allow me to remind it to you... is about BFG allowing players to use insider info to hit other players...such practice (using insider information) is punishable by imprisonment in most countries on the world. It does not matter if you say that is known ruling by BFG, wrong is wrong, no matter how old or repetitive is...

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
Please list the countries the imprision people for playing online games against other players. I am now curious.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 01:36:00 AM »
Please list the countries the imprision people for playing online games against other players. I am now curious.

China maybe:
http://www.financetwitter.com/2011/05/chinese-prisoners-make-money-play-games-farm-gold.html

Tired of cheating

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 10:33:23 AM »
Matt,

You know what I am referring when I mention "insider punishable"...

Let's analyse BFG policy
Scenario A
Player A post on the Alliance boards, I quit...and drops alliance tag...they still are in contact via Skype.
Former alliance mates launch to hit player A fleet. Player A stays online to show activity, therefore deterring others player of attacking him (those that do know NOT he quit). That would be perfectly legal and in accordance with BFG playing rules.

Scenario B
Same as A, however player  B (not a former team mate), sees the DF of the main fleet and assumes that the player A is not online, even if shows activity (note player B does not know player A has quit).
Player A see the attack and notifies the former team mates, and they will return player B (using their moons). Even if player A does not notify his former team mates of the attack, once he told them he will quit, the former team mates will oracle his planets (something that you do not do if a player has not quit), hence giving them an advantage compared to player B, who poor guy will lose ships because he did not have the same information that other players had.
Also this scenario is perfectly legal according to BFG rules.

You can set any rule you wish, is your prerogative, and that is not argued in this thread. What we are all entitled to argue is if your rules are fair or not!

I personally do not think that the above rules are fair, and you will never convince me that they are fair, I also aware that when I playing BFG games I have to abide to the rules set by BFG, and I am doing so.

Support Rulings
Want to discuss the rulings of BFG support? Please do it here.
unquote

I shall thank you for your contribute to this thread.