contact
September 21, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Author Topic: Planet moves and their uses  (Read 9041 times)

Offline STK

• View Profile
Planet moves and their uses
« on: February 21, 2015, 11:04:02 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of a planet move into a destroyed heph's vacant slot to use as an oracle lock for the returning fleet?  Give Nard credit for knowledge on that maneuver.  I believe it violates the intention of planet moves and brings about an unfair advantage.  When you destroy a heph, you can vary your fleet speeds so it's difficult to calculate the return time and get a lock.  But, in this case, the attacker that destroyed the heph gets punished by someone paying to destroy their fleet.  What does everyone else think?

Offline darthfides

• View Profile
Re: Planet moves and their uses
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 11:14:27 PM »
Planet moves are supposed to be dark for 24 hours. In other words, nothing should be able to be used from the planet for 24 hours. Obviously this is a bug in the system.

This comes right from BFG website:
"Bug Exploitation
Players may not abuse any bug found in the game for profit and must report any bugs they find to support immediately. You can contact support at http://starfleetcommander.zendesk.com/. Players found to be exploiting any bug or failing to report any bug will be subject to all penalties, based on the severity of the bug, up to and including having your account reset or an indefinite suspension."

In other words an honorable player would find this bug and then submit it to BFG so it can be fixed. Someone who uses the bug to their advantage for game play is subject to penalties.  Pretty cut and dried here what should happen, but we shall see what happens with this issue.

This is a very bad hole in the system for this game. It makes it so people who spend money have a very unfair advantage in this game. I am one of those people. But, it should be a hunt and not shopping!

I want my points to be well earned and not bought!

Offline Cimmerian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 11:55:28 PM »

darthfides nailed it. Should be corrected by BFG asap.

Offline tekon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:33:12 AM »
Besides what was posted by darthfides, I just want to add my 2 cents. There is already a big advantage for those who can afford to use their money to speed up growth, androids to increase build times and mine output, buy shadow probes, commanders to increase speeds/techs/output, etc.  Even if you don't use money though, you can do well by being smart.  This bug flat out makes it possible for those already with an advantage to wipe out a fleet with no real way to strategically offset. This is obviously a programming bug and Nard should be given a suspension and STK should get his fleet back.
Tekon
Snipe(Nova)
NWO(Conquest)

Offline Kasper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:08:57 AM »
will BFG uphold its rules are they just for the little guy

This comes right from BFG website:
"Bug Exploitation
Players may not abuse any bug found in the game for profit and must report any bugs they find to support immediately. You can contact support at http://starfleetcommander.zendesk.com/. Players found to be exploiting any bug or failing to report any bug will be subject to all penalties, based on the severity of the bug, up to and including having your account reset or an indefinite suspension."

Tired of cheating

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 08:59:24 AM »
It is funny, you still do not understand how it was used, but you complain about it, calling bug exploitation...

The planet was unusable for 24 hours, no actions were made from the planet that was moved.

A planet that has been moved can be oracled, and it is by design, is not a bug. You might want to consider to change the coding of the game, and not to allow scanning of planet moved, but that it is a change of design, not a bug fix.

Planet moves have been used in the past to block colonies, or to bounce back hephs, all within the design parameters of the game.

The OP made a good point, it should be allowed? He does not refers to bugs!
Responding to the OP

But, in this case, the attacker that destroyed the heph gets punished by someone paying to destroy their fleet.

The game is full of paying options that allows players to gain advantage such as:
1) Battle commander which gives one extra level of AWS, to be used against a heph to kill it using athenas instead of proms
2) Propulsion mechanic, which gives one extra level of AWS, to be used against a heph to lock it, using faster speed
3) Propulsion mechanic, which gives one extra level of AWS, to be used in a return to have that bit of extra speed to lock the player
4) Planet move, to bounce a heph, and lock the return, hard to achieve but has been done in the past
5) Planet move, to bounce a dropped colony to a heph grave and do not allow the players to collect the DF from the spot
6) P mode, having fleets available at any time, without need to wait for them to return from FRS

There are several others, such as Basic Androids, Logistic commander, basically all commanders. In fact all paying options give an advantage to players, some more direct most indirect (bigger production, faster completion of research, etc.)

Is that fair? I think so, it is part of the game and players should be aware of the game mechanics when they make their moves and predict what others players will be able to do.

The OP moved a planet in system with me, hoping to catch me returning from an attack, joining forces with other players in the same system. Is not the same? Instead of building a new planet, getting a moon and building the warp gate he just moved a planet and in 24 hours he become a threat instead of 2 weeks.
I could have not noticed the move and caught with my pants down. Would have been the same result, paying to have an advantage when hunting.

If BFG decides to change the game coding, not allowing a planet moved to be scanned it is fine to me, but it is really needed? Players just need a bit more knowledge of the game and take the appropriate countermeasures, instead of crying on the forums, calling bug exploitation and accusing others of breaking the rules.

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 09:21:48 AM »
The player that moved the planet (you, the banned forum user) still used that move to lock a return of a fleet.

All those other options, like higher AWS, and other commanders, features can also be added by the person being attacked, your move gave no way out, no option to match your move.

Also you moving a planet means you should not get any personal gain from the move for 24 hours, as in STK's move to your system, but your move gave no warning, and you gained in DSP and resources.

Will anything happen?

probably not, they cannot keep you off the forums, so how can they control you in the game.

Tired of cheating

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 09:34:58 AM »
I am to remove myself from this forum, as I being banned and you are right, I should not be here...

Just a last post to Sam Carter

How many times you and other players have used a planet move in other universes to occupy a heph grave, just to abandon it seconds before the colony with dios lands on the same spots to harvest the DF? No matter if you killed or another player killed the heph, you did it and other members of your alliance did that too in the past. I did not hear any cries from you on those times.

With this, Andrea out... The forums are all yours, maybe BFG will listen to your cries and give the fleet back to a player that could have foreseen the move and taken necessary actions to prevent it (i.e. a GD, or not attacking from the same system or splitting the attack from two different planets, since he had another one close enough to send the fast ships and be more or less on the same of his slow arts/apollos sent from the closer planet)

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 10:03:19 AM »
I am to remove myself from this forum, as I being banned and you are right, I should not be here...

Just a last post to Sam Carter

How many times you and other players have used a planet move in other universes to occupy a heph grave, just to abandon it seconds before the colony with dios lands on the same spots to harvest the DF? No matter if you killed or another player killed the heph, you did it and other members of your alliance did that too in the past. I did not hear any cries from you on those times.

With this, Andrea out... The forums are all yours, maybe BFG will listen to your cries and give the fleet back to a player that could have foreseen the move and taken necessary actions to prevent it (i.e. a GD, or not attacking from the same system or splitting the attack from two different planets, since he had another one close enough to send the fast ships and be more or less on the same of his slow arts/apollos sent from the closer planet)

As you have said to me previously I have a bad memory, moving a planet to the grave?
Don't remember doing that, as I always go 9 planets, why would I pay 250k credits to move a developed planet then abandon it? I remember sending Gaias to the grave to get DF's, but not planet moves.

I also do not remember anyone else doing this, but I may be wrong.

We did have one guy in x2 move a planet to the spot that Boris was deploying fleet off his heph once, as his heph was locked, I remember your disatisfaction from that, but there was no personal gain for the person that moved the planet.

So nobody can now attack a heph in the uni, unless they attack from multiple planets, or arrange a GD first?

Offline angelblue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 02:43:41 PM »
A related thread, for your reference, on the uses and abuses of planet moves.

http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=13066.15

and also http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=13990.0

It's sad to see old AA players all wrapped up in bitterness and jealousy. If you'd still been on our team, you'd be applauding not whining. There's a difference between creative use of a legal game function and cheating, you don't seem to recognize it. Hope STK is enjoying FROZEN!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:51:35 PM by angelblue »

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 03:17:23 PM »

It's sad to see old AA players all wrapped up in bitterness and jealousy. If you'd still been on our team, you'd be applauding not whining. There's a difference between creative use of a legal game function and cheating, you don't seem to recognize it. Hope STK is enjoying FROZEN!

Seriously Angel that is the best you can come up with?

The first post was before I even met or played with anyone in AA, and the 2nd one I also commented on above. The lock was already there, the planet move served no personal gain at all, unlike Nard's move, and as I said Andy was totally against the move, so its ok if he moves the planet, for personal gain, but not for someone else to do it with no gain.

Plus whilst I am not going to get in a slanging match with you on the forums, everyone in Frozen thinks its you Angel that is bitter and jealous, so I guess its a difference of opinion there  :)

I think STK is enjoying his time in frozen, but I guess he will have to answer that one.

One last thing, Did Nard find those posts for you ?  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:21:24 PM by Sam Carter »

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »
I think Nard actually wrote the post and had someone post it  :o ;)     8)
oxo = beef stock.          xXx = Laughing stock.

Offline Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 03:54:56 PM »

LMAO - bitterness and jealousy (rofl)
Sorry to disappoint you Angel I just find it so sad that he had to pull a move he always claimed was bad and shady.

As for STK he is enjoying life in Frozen.

But on a side note the best one yet from Andy is him saying Sam should step down as leader all because she got fed up with his silly pms (drunk)
He claims leaders need to talk (rofl)

Naughty One ;)

Offline STK

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:17 PM »
I have enjoyed my time in Frozen very much.  I separated my fleets in the attack as necessary because it was a group attack and I had to leave enough available slots for others.  I did use 3 slots and that's why I still have a partial fleet :) 

Nard, your argument about using different moons is funny.  If you didn't get the speed fleet, you would have locked the next most profitable fleet.  So, you still paid for DSP.  That is all I need to know about you and your bought stats.

Anyways, the other debates are fine and valid on the forums as posted by Angel.  But, this specific issue is really someone paying directly for DSP even if a second party is involved with the scan and sends the screenshot as could be the case here.  Any decent player can execute an oracle lock using that information easily.   So, I'm asking for this to be fixed and it looks like several players here and more in game agree with me.

Offline brakeman

• Living life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
I have to say I am ashamed of all the petty bashing going on here against Andy.. We are adults here not children..

There was no cheating here, just the way the game is written. A glitch, maybe.. But being the player Andria Nard is, he takes advantage of everything the game has to offer.. If BFG thinks it is a bug then so be it.. Return the fleets.. I say it is fair in my book but that is only my opinion.. Time to cool the tempers folks and have fun playing the game we all love so much..

Hope to see all of you in the New Uni.....