contact
September 21, 2017, 12:25:12 PM

Author Topic: Planet moves and their uses  (Read 9040 times)

Offline kru

• View Profile
Re: Planet moves and their uses
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2015, 12:13:10 AM »
congratulations, Kru, and God help him  8)

or her.......but it best be a be a boy i got enough girls
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2015, 12:29:32 AM »
or her.......but it best be a be a boy i got enough girls

lol no wonder you are so argumentative on the forum. they must drive you nuts.
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2015, 12:47:13 AM »
lol no wonder you are so argumentative on the forum. they must drive you nuts.

hmmmmmm girls @ 19, 17, 12 & 6

surprised i still have hair if i'm honest
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2015, 05:01:55 PM »
well.....deffo can't apply to me as i just found out that in roughly 8 months time i will be a daddy again :D :D :D

How much sex can you have with so many kids around? :D

Joke aside, congratulations! Must be a hell of a house.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2015, 12:42:07 AM »
I've read this over a few times. Grats to Kru, first of all.

Second of all, this has really been an option since Hephs were first released. It's just that actually being able to do it is rare and expensive. It's something that can be done within the mechanics of the game, and as such it is something one should keep in mind when blowing up a Heph near enemy moons. The disadvantage you face is no different from ANY attack. If someone locks you right, then unless you can get a GD, you're done.
Technically speaking, it isn't really necessary anyway. If the moon owner scanned the Heph while it was still there and under attack, they could have easily calculated a boomerang. Varying fleet speeds is not generally particularly useful. The chances are you're going at 100% to get the kill before the person logs on or gets a GD, and before someone else blows it up. Maybe you'd do 90 or 80, but go any slower and you're taking a big chance, as well as giving local moons that much more time to see the attack (and if they see it early enough, the speed variant you used will be obvious).
Moving a planet into the slot strikes me as something to do only if you saw the remains of the Heph after the fact of its destruction and figured it was worth a shot to try and beat the attackers home, which is quite a gamble under most circumstances. I don't see that Nard did anything wrong.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2015, 01:28:20 AM »
no-one is saying that Nard did anything wrong here. just that such a move should not be purchasable.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2015, 02:35:51 AM »
I'm not saying anyone's saying Nard's done anything right or wrong, I'm saying only what MY view is. If you have a problem with anything I said then I suggest you address it directly ao I can rebut you with ease.
I also don't see why the move shouldn't be purchasable when you can do it without a purchase. The purchase is, in my view, a waste of credits. If Andy wants to burn his own money, who am I to argue.

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:46 PM »
You obviously haven't read the whole thread. It has already been established that this move can be done in some instances without purchase. In this particular instance, however, there was no way of getting a gia there fast enough to pull this one off so a planet move was purchased.

Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, or thinks it is right or wrong, or can be done in other ways, the bottom line here is that someone's fleet was wiped out with the swipe of another person's credit card.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
You obviously don't understand the basic mechanics of the game. The fact that a planet move was the only way for Nard to get the necessary info just goes to show that Nard is not a top player and needs to use credits to make up for deficiencies in his play. It does not mean the move is incapable of being dealt with by smart, forward thinking individuals. If the people who blew up the Heph had taken proper precautions, they'd have got Andy too. And then who would be whining?

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
Popcorn time.  :)

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »
You guys fail to realize a vital part of the picture here.  STK paid to move a planet into Andy's system, because he probably thought being in system with Andy was the only way to get his fleet.

That was his downfall.  Because Andy was in the same system, Andy was able to lock the fleet much easier.  I'm not going to argue the semantics of whether or not Andy woudl have had time, in a perfect world, with super crazy eradeon and pulse techs for his Gais to beat the fleet home and still have time to oracle without instantly moving a planet.... the point is, I view the loss of STK's fleet his own fault for having chose to make it that much easier for Andy to lock the return, given they're in the same system.

STK paid to move a planet to try to kill Andy's fleet.
Andy paid to move a planet and killed STK's fleet instead.

Offline The Real Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »
it's really a moot point either way. BFG does not consider this an issue so there will be nothing done.

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »
STK did move a planet into the system with the purpose of trying to get Nard fleet, the main difference though is he then had to wait 24 hours for the planet to cool down before he could do anything with it.

Offline Wingman

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2015, 12:32:11 AM »
Well I haven't been on the forums in quite a while.  It seems like AA and Frozen who used to be friends now are as bitter rivals as any that I have ever seen.  Wow is all I can say.  It seems that times have definitely changed.  Glad I am staying in X 1 and Conquest.  At least I don't have to see my friends tear each other apart. 

birthmark-ant