contact
November 22, 2017, 03:39:04 AM

Author Topic: Planet moves and their uses  (Read 9276 times)

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
Re: Planet moves and their uses
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 06:40:52 PM »
definitely needs fixing. you should never be able to scan something coming from something it never went to. It seems to be the slot itself by design rather than what is located there.

You are wrong here.  It is not the slot that gets scanned.  Empty slots cannot be scanned.  If you do, you get a message saying there is no planet there and the 5000 hydro is not deducted from the total hydro on your moon.

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »
It is the slot, but something needs to be in its place to see the return, hence in this case a moved planet was in the place, the same can happen if a gaia is sent, but this takes a lot more time, and less likely to catch the fleets on return.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:09:59 PM by Sam Carter »

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 07:18:24 AM »
actually, you are   :P

As I said, you scan an empty slot, you get a message that says there is no planet there.

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 01:10:40 PM »
@Grace, you're wasting your breath. Once the commander thinks he is right he will never back down. Even though you didn't say to scan an empty slot, one of your comments left a little opening to be misconstrued and that is all he needs to say you are wrong. Even though almost everybody else knew that wasn't what you were saying he felt the need to say you were wrong. Kinda sad that he has that need. Many of his comments are petty like that.

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 04:33:38 PM »
So Matt, is there going to be any change regards moving a planet to a heph grave?  Seems to me it should not be allowed in the future now that we know about it.  If you don't want to change it because of the coding costs and lost revenue from someone buying the planet move then you might want to consider how many players will just quit instead of playing a game that gives such an unfair advantage.  Or just state it here that it is forbidden in the future and we will let you know if it does happen.  I'm sure someone will tell Andy.  He's probably one of the very few that would consider the move anyway.

Offline STK

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 01:59:10 AM »
This is being looked at.  When BFG finishes their review, we should hear something..  I'll be checking in for updates. 

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »
If paying credits to get DSP needs to be fixed, then by all means, P-Mode needs to be removed.

To be honest, STK, sorry you got out-smarted, but I see nothing wrong here.  Planet moves have been battle advantages since they were first implemented, and this is no different. 

Nard's tactic may be unethical in the eyes of some, but it's not illegal.  I could draw a comparison to lifting your fleet off of a locked heph prior to its destruction.

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
Well, how did Nard know to boomerang him?  Nard's credit card doesn't give him psychic powers.  STK either attacked from a planet, attacked a planet, or attacked a player that was online and told Andy about the landing times.

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2015, 08:31:41 PM »
Not true.  Hephs can be oracle, same as a planet.

There are many ways to "pay to win" in this game, which is why I don't play anymore.  Some have different degrees of ethics in the minds of some, but they're all perfectly legal, including this one.

Offline Nard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »
In other pay to gain features, they benefit the payer directly and only affect others indirectly. A player can work around indirect paid advantages with planning and strategy. This one effectively removes any option a player has of working around a paid feature.

Definitively not correct, most of the game features affect other players directly.
I posted earlier a short list, which is not complete of paying features affecting directly players
I repost it for you, maybe this time you will read it...
1) Battle commander which gives one extra level of AWS, to be used against a heph to kill it using athenas instead of proms
2) Propulsion mechanic, which gives one extra level of AWS, to be used against a heph to lock it, using faster speed
3) Propulsion mechanic, which gives one extra level of AWS, to be used in a return to have that bit of extra speed to lock the player
4) Planet move, to bounce a heph, and lock the return, hard to achieve but has been done in the past
5) Planet move, to bounce a dropped colony to a heph grave and do not allow the players to collect the DF from the spot
6) P mode, having fleets available at any time, without need to wait for them to return from FRS

A part the fact that my move could have been counteracted and even taken advantage by a player (of course I am not going to explain how) the above are all paid features that are affecting directly other players, strategy might overcome some of them, however it requires a level of understanding of mechanics of the game that you definitely lack

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 02:18:31 PM »

1) Battle commander which gives one extra level of AWS, to be used against a heph to kill it using athenas instead of proms

whilst that is technically possible, i can assure you of this...the level your weapons would need to be at compared to just simply the standard level 12 shield tech would kinda make that assumption a mute point..

even in my game (my preferred uni) my level 23 weapons (24 with amp) simply bounces off of a heph with level 12's
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Nard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »
whilst that is technically possible, i can assure you of this...the level your weapons would need to be at compared to just simply the standard level 12 shield tech would kinda make that assumption a mute point..

Than I wonder how I did manage (and other players too) to kill hephs in Eradeon...

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2015, 02:37:28 PM »
Than I wonder how I did manage (and other players too) to kill hephs in Eradeon...

because your athenas are boosted with eradeon therefore pushing your ships' power over the ineffectiveness rule. Kru,s point is valid, your point sucks because  in any uni, besides HG, E, EX, the point you're making is totally unrealistic.

Shame on you from making me agree with Kru. Booooooooo

Offline Nard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Well, this thread is related to facts that happened in Eradeon, hardly to call my point unrealistic...

Maybe the poster did not mention the universe, but he killed a heph with Athena, and I returned the Athenas...

See you do not need to agree with Kru

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »
Well, this thread is related to facts that happened in Eradeon, hardly to call my point unrealistic...

Maybe the poster did not mention the universe, but he killed a heph with Athena, and I returned the Athenas...

See you do not need to agree with Kru

whether it is fact or not, you did not specify yourself this was aimed and directed at eradeon and you merely only mentioned thew use of AWS boosts and not eradeon boosts.

Therefore, in that universe then yes, with the use eradeon you can boost yourself over the ineffectiveness threshold (as pantin mentioned) but eradeon is available to all, and even at equal levels simply having a single level of AWS higher will not kill the heph
gT brn b Th rk

birthmark-ant