contact
November 22, 2017, 12:56:15 PM

Author Topic: say what????  (Read 1900 times)

Offline kru

• View Profile
say what????
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:45:12 PM »
Why is BFG so unfair in the way it treats players????

As a perfect example:

a player gets suspended in conquest and BFG recall his fleets from any and all territories he is holding.....Yet, when another player gets suspended and they ask the same they are told NO! we can't/don't/wont do this..

Surely, if a player breaks the rules they have to face any AND all consequences that may come with that suspension, so why is it BFG are very select about the people they will and will not help???

Did his threat of refusing to spend more money on his game mean you were able to twist your OWN rules on suspensions..

THIS IS DISGRACEFUL...I and a few players have been suspended and you have outright refused to protect ships that were unable to be protected due a suspension.....

double standards muchly
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
Re: say what????
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 11:25:18 PM »
Surely any fleet saved fleets will return as normal, which will be while the player is (s) so fleets are safe.

Also no-one can attack you on any planets while you are (s) unless the attack was started previous to the (s)

I would imagine that any attacks you have out will be recalled by BFG before they put you in (s)

Any incoming attacks should be recalled. UNLESS you do something to deliberately get suspended in the hope you can get BFG to recall the attack, in which case you deserve to lose your fleet anyway.

Or the incoming attack is a FAIR lock or attack and being (s) would prevent said attack from happening, in which case the attack stands.

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 11:34:33 PM »
@Bodge.

My post doesn't really determine to any opinion but to fact of proven double standards that really do exist.
It also doesn't express a view or opinion to any fleetsaved fleets, merely attacking fleets or fleets holding any territory.

Suspended players, as far i know of in the on/off 5 years that i have played have ever had fleets recalled when/if they were suspended.  This post however, directly correlates to a player suspended in conquest today who got his fleets recalled from territories whilst they were being attacked by other players.  It becomes a double standard when BFG outright refused to recall my fleets holding territories when i received a 24 hour suspension around 6 - 8 weeks ago.

Whilst i would accept that any player who is suspended should have any incoming attacks recalled or outgoing attacks recalled that is merely an opinion, and more-over, if this is the case and/or policy which BFG employ then this action to should be taken whenever and everytime a player gets suspended.

IMO there should be either no leniency towards recalling fleets or 100% equal, fair and unbiased action to every player by recalling every players fleets/attacks etc etc
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 11:55:03 PM »
Without knowing the full ins and outs of particular cases, which I would imagine only the people and BFG would know the details and be able to comment on those particular events. Which I am sure that BFG will not do so.

So I can only go on the various scenarios as above, and not knowing much about how the conquest universe works I cannot say that my above comments would apply there anyway.

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:59:35 AM »
seems to be missing a bit of relevant detail from this thread. before you complain about anything, mate, how about first letting us know why you were suspended?
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 10:25:34 AM »
perhaps i will explain a little slower, because i can see how confusing some of it may have gotten in the first post...

firstly, i am not suspended. But i have been suspended in conquest before.  Therefore i can give a direct correlation.

Secondly, the reason for being suspended should not matter and should be irrelevant, you break the rules you face the FULL consequences and it shouldn't matter if it was because you were pushing/dsp pushing or just being uncivilised in your conversations.

All information is correct....I get suspended for 24 hours 6 - 8 weeks ago and BFG refuse to recall any of my territory fleets.  I have also never heard of BFG EVER doing this before to players who were suspended, yet this was done yesterday after a player who FINALLY got suspended after receiving warning after warning after warning after warning (wonder if it's a 24h suspension though)
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 08:06:24 PM »
Have you tried being likeable?

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 11:13:38 PM »
if you think the reason for your suspension doesn't matter, then why do you think your contention matters to the forum without us knowing the full details?

Offline Nard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 01:11:37 PM »
BFG has never be able to keep the same standards on how they punish players for the same breaking of the rules, however I would say that this is more because of lack of understanding that giving preferred treatment to other players.

They keep adjusting their punishments and what they are doing now might be different than earlier.
Laws in your country change, some countries have abolished death penalty... it is similar to your case, the only difference is that laws are clearly gazetted and you have lawyers, in this game BFG does all by itself.
With all the dislike that I have on their methods I would not accuse them of giving preferred treatment to any player

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 02:13:48 PM »
whilst i can understand with your statement, i am not stating a 'preferred treatment' but more a double standard.

An action made for one whilst suspended for breaking any of the rules should be implied to all players when/if they get suspended irrespective of the reason.

When i was suspended i was done so for 'not being civil in my converse with a certain player' (despite how much of a thin skinned numpty he is and i assure you, if i had reported all of his messages this particular player would have been perma banned from this game by now) and that was around 8 weeks ago.....BFG in my case outright refused to recall fleets which were group defending various territories...

On 12th March this player was suspended for the same reason, however he managed to get BFG to recall his fleets defending various territories.  Now, in a space of 8 weeks whilst BFG as a company may self regulate, that is a massive double standard.

Of course, as always though, you still have grace above who likes to troll and struggles to read more than a single post and therefore doesn't understand what this post is about..

Whatever reason a player gets suspended for they have been suspended for a game rule violation and therefore BFG should NOT be protecting that players account in any way shape or form.  Loosing a fleet or fleets would be apart of your punishment.....you wish to break the rules in any forma you have to be aware that in some universe's there are more consequences to your actions than compared to others.
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
if your behaviour on the forum is anything to go by, I'm not surprised you crossed the line in-game and deserve everything you get. The main problem with you is a misplaced sense of arrogance based on your position in a uni which feeds you free res. This provokes too much excitement in you to the point where you get bent and twisted out of shape and lose control of yourself.

How about simply putting yourself into perspective and learning how to conduct yourself in a more mature and dignified manner rather than complaining about suspensions on the forum which wouldn't happen otherwise?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:54:07 PM by Grace »

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 09:27:54 PM »
and, as i simply stated, you fail to read and understand that this isn't about me...However, you more specifically over anyone seems to want every post/thread/comment i make to be about me and when it is not you will happily twist it?

In any case, didn't you say you were quitting and deleting your account when you couldn't win in HIRED GUNS???

in either case...i play more than one version of these games and in each version i play i do pretty well holding my own (unlike you who implicitly stated you couldn't/wouldn't play another universe without the territories of hired guns lmao)
gT brn b Th rk

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 04:19:02 AM »
if your behaviour on the forum is anything to go by, I'm not surprised you crossed the line in-game and deserve everything you get. The main problem with you is a misplaced sense of arrogance based on your position in a uni which feeds you free res. This provokes too much excitement in you to the point where you get bent and twisted out of shape and lose control of yourself.

How about simply putting yourself into perspective and learning how to conduct yourself in a more mature and dignified manner rather than complaining about suspensions on the forum which wouldn't happen otherwise?

I'm requoting everything in there just because.

;D

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »
I'm requoting everything in there just because.

;D

lol I would usually say there is one in every uni, but this feller certainly is unique  8)

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 06:49:18 AM »
Been quiet here today and a thread was deleted in the original universe board.  Did a lot of players get their forum accounts suspended?