contact
November 19, 2017, 02:00:45 PM

Author Topic: The State of Conquest  (Read 6326 times)

Offline The Real Highlander

• View Profile
The State of Conquest
« on: April 14, 2015, 06:20:53 PM »
BFG I have created this thread in hopes that it will help you make the decision to invest more development time on Conquest. Request everyone especially the players that the main issues below affect, post your thoughts and comments on this thread or send BFG a trouble ticket regarding this thread. They are not going to make a change unless we speak up.

This issue primarily affects the players that are hunters who purchase credits but will affect all credit purchasers in the next 12 months in one way or another. Frankly in my opinion if the hunters start quitting then this universe dies much faster and I do not want that to happen. This issue does not affect the players that play for free.

The primary issue is the set limit on ships and defenses. The limits have caused a stalemate in the top 20% of players in the game and that number will continue to rise as the lower rank players reach the ship limits. 3 months ago this number was 10%.

Basically everyone has built the max defenses and ships and canít attack each other. There is no since in building more ships when you canít use them. There is no since in investing in hydro storage when you can buy hydro from me at much better rates. So something needs to be done before the paying player base starts quitting.

The solution is for BFG to remove the limits but it creates a bigger problem if they do. For example the cost of sending a 4 limit Athena fleet would be too much to deploy at current deployment costs. If BFG decides to remove the limits on ships and defenses then they need to reduce the cost of deploying ships or increase the storage level amounts of the hydro storage so more hydro can be gained per trade. It needs to be a significant increase. Not too many players out there willing to spend $20.00 dollars to deploy an attack.

I what to make one thing clear you cannot, increase ships limit and leave defense limits as is and vice versa. You have to increase both to keep it balanced.

BFG, if you do nothing the paying hunters will start quitting in the next 12 months because they canít attack anything. If you remove the ships and defenses limits but do not change the deployment cost your hunters will quit very quickly because it will be unreasonably priced to play.

If you make it reasonably priced to play people will spend more. Those that already spend will spend more because they will use it up faster. Those that did not spend as much will spend more because they are getting more for their money. Those that did not spend before may spend some now because they too are getting more for their money.

BFG, the ship/defense limits issue and the cost of playing this version of your wonderful game will thin your paying player base significantly in the next 12 months if you do nothing. It is time to make some changes to Conquest.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:51:55 PM by The Real Highlander »

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
Re: The State of Conquest
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 06:53:28 PM »
Wow why is anyone still playing? This uni has been ridiculous since it was 6 months old. Even if BFG can and does change the limits it'll just happen again.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 07:12:57 PM »
In my opinion the ones that are still playing enjoy the large numbers. I know I do. There are still at least 100 serious paying players and about 300 serious not paying players. Granted some spend more than others.

Yes BFG believes there will be issues if they increase the ship and defense limits. They need to to decide do they want to work on those issues as they occur or let the hunters quit slowly. The farmers like me want be effected.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »
But if you can't build anything what's the point?

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 07:24:47 PM »
why should they waste their time fixing a broken uni in which anyone with any sense quit within 4 months of its launch?
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 07:37:12 PM »
@censored - that is the point of this thread. It is getting to the point were the hunters can't build anymore.

@Grace - Why do you have to by an ass and insult the remaining players of Conquest. Oh I know why because you are.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:50:09 PM by The Real Highlander »

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:40:46 PM »
She's wrong anyway. It was at least 6-8 months before most people started leaving.

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 07:52:03 PM »
6-8 months is when most players have quit the previous universes. The only ones that remained are the ones that the universe  fit.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:56:42 PM by The Real Highlander »

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 07:54:17 PM »
Pretty much

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 08:26:07 PM »
It doesn't matter. The universe is broken. You are wasting your time both playing it and making a thread about it... even more so putting in any kind of ticket. Move on and join a new uni. BFG have already said they wont fix conquest.

No, she is not wrong. she said ANYONEWITHANYSENSE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:50:35 PM by Grace »

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 09:43:11 PM »
You are still a donkey and now you are a female dog. Sorry I should not insult donkeys and female dogs like that.

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 10:35:28 PM »
My apologies if what I say offends you or comes across in a cynical tone, but you are beating a dead horse. BFG have already said they wont fix conquest so why make a thread asking them the same thing again?

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 10:58:08 PM »
Apology accepted. You basically said everyone that plays Conquest has no since and that was not nice of you. I did not have a problem with your opinion that the thread was a waste of time. It is my time to waste.

BFG has said on several occasions that they can't do something in Conquest. Its not until a thread like this that brings the issue back up and a bunch of complaints about the issue that they fix it. They will either fix it or if they can't then the game will slowly die over the next 12 months.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 11:17:25 PM »
BFG has on numerous occasions reversed decisions. It is folly to assume it will never happen again.
That said, whether or not they do anything will greatly depend on Conquest's profitability and the cost of modifying the the game. Two questions which only BFG has answers to.

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 12:30:16 AM »
why don't you just join another uni? There are several out there which aren't broken and there is even a new one without any NPCs, just like old times

birthmark-ant