contact
November 19, 2017, 03:52:23 PM

Author Topic: The State of Conquest  (Read 6328 times)

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
Re: The State of Conquest
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 12:35:01 AM »
why don't you just join another uni? There are several out there which aren't broken and there is even a new one without any NPCs, just like old times
Why don't you join Conquest?  There is plenty of debris to be collected.

Offline The Real Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 12:36:54 AM »
I do play the others but I enjoy Conquest more because of the larger fleets and debris fields.

Offline SithPurge

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 03:06:50 AM »
even if they raise the caps on ship and defenses, in a few months some of us will be meeting that number.. I'm concerned as well. Call me crazy (I'll be first in line. lmao) but I LIKE conquest. My account is pretty much where I've always wanted every account to be. Building a new one would not please me. lol I've thought, since it opened that Conquest has potential to be among the best of the Versions, if it were running properly. the rebuild/recovery rate is awesome.

Just yesterday I was discussing this very topic: when the top 50 people can EACH crash the servers how much longer can we possibly have? That day IS coming.

I would like to think simple impulse control on the part of the players is one possible solution. (*insert cynical laugh here*) ;) But I know better, since I am right there pushing my own limits. It's not human nature.

My personal solution is to cap my own fleet sizes, so I never reach the size where I'm encountering the problems you've (Highlander) been seeing. When I can't hold Mt's anymore, so be it. as you said, building Storage is pretty much pointless, so what's the need for so much res? lol tbh, though, I've already ignored that rule twice in the past few months. It's just too tempting. :P

Finally have an account running at a profit => game crashes and burns. :P  figures. LOL
Everything I tell you is a lie... even that.   :P

Offline Commander KTK

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 04:30:39 AM »
I do play the others but I enjoy Conquest more because of the larger fleets and debris fields.
As do I.

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 09:25:18 AM »
why don't you just join another uni? There are several out there which aren't broken and there is even a new one without any NPCs, just like old times

firstly, if everyone simply joined another universe the older ones would die, your free games would loose their cash cow that is conquest, and simply put.....not everyone wants to play, or start playing in other version ffs!

secondly (and the most important) ALL of the unis are broken, it's just that these unis are dying slower.  They have the same issues that exist in conquest, but it's just that you don't see them yet.......BFG also know this which is why the latest unis will, well the chances of them ever facing these issue is remote to impossible.

As for highlander and his OP.......the issue at hand will affect you being a  farmer and that's guaranteed.....eventually, NPCs and territories will need m ore ships to attack them than you are allowed to use by the limit.
gT brn b Th rk

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 09:45:04 AM »
"your free games would loose their cash cow that is conquest"

You have no evidence to support your conclusion. I actually would say that SFCO is the 'cash cow'. It has the most players, and it is as necessary to trade for H as any other npc corrupted uni.

"ALL of the unis are broken,"

That is categorically false. Neither Eradeon nor Eradeon Extreme have the flaws found in other uni's.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 10:36:52 AM »
You have no evidence to support your conclusion. I actually would say that SFCO is the 'cash cow'. It has the most players, and it is as necessary to trade for H as any other npc corrupted uni.

the number of players paying for credits has nothing to do with the amount of credits being purchased.

My evidence is based on fact.  In SFCO 500k credits converted into 784,412,676,917,381,553,485 hydro would be sufficient to fuel a player there for many many months.  In conquest, that amount of hydro would barely be enough to fuel fleets for 5 days.  100 players who spend $20 per week is less than 50 players who spend $50 per week. (PLEASE NOTE...SOME PLAYER SPEND A LOT MORE THAN $50 PER WEEK IN CONQUEST)  Not to mention that in conquest p modes are almost (and should be considered) a basic must/need in the game as the cost to fleetsave is more expensive than p modes.

That is categorically false. Neither Eradeon nor Eradeon Extreme have the flaws found in other uni's.

As i stated, ALL unis have the same flaws built in, you just do not wish to see that.  Just because some will never reach those flaws in your lifetime doesn't mean they don't exist.  Sp to clarify, all of the unis do infact have the same flaws......just they will not come to light for a very very long time
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:38:34 AM by kru »
gT brn b Th rk

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 10:44:12 AM »
"the number of players paying for credits has nothing to do with the amount of credits being purchased."

False.

"My evidence is based on fact."

False.

"In SFCO 500k credits converted into 784,412,676,917,381,553,485 hydro would be sufficient to fuel a player there for many many months. "

Irrelevant. Nobody in SFCO has H storage as high as can be found in Conquest.

"100 players who spend $20 per week is less than 50 players who spend $50 per week."

1000 players spending $20/week > 50 players spending $50/week.
(PLEASE NOTE...SOME PLAYERS SPEND A LOT MORE THAN $20 PER WEEK IN SFCO)

"Not to mention that in conquest p modes are almost (and should be considered) a basic must/need in the game as the cost to fleetsave is more expensive than p modes."

The same is true for every uni that doesn't have Eradeon.

"As i stated, ALL unis have the same flaws built in, you just do not wish to see that"

Lies.

" Just because some will never reach those flaws in your lifetime doesn't mean they don't exist. "

Ridiculous argument. Are you turning into Grace?

"Sp to clarify, all of the unis do infact have the same flaws......just they will not come to light for a very very long time"

Bull.

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »
1) where is your evidence that SFCO has 1000 players spending $20 per week?  It it is fact that the top 10 spend between $50 - $100 per week..
- The top 11 - 50 spend between $20 - $50 per week and the top 51 - 100 spend between $5 - $20 per week.

2) It is very relevant......a simple in system harvest in conquest would likely cost an SFCO player around 100 - 200k credits to perform, which means that 5k credits (from conquest) is more than sufficient to fuel any SFCO player for at least 1 week.

3) each universe is derrived and played by its own rules, therefore no other universe matters in comparison to conquest (same as conquest can't be comparable in the same way)

4) p modes are not essential in any other universe, they are preferred....a basic 8 hour fleetsave with a small fleet costs roughly 6 quintillion hydro (and when i say small i mean small for this universe)  The ONLY way to make hydro in conquest is via the merchant, any other universe a hydro profit can be made (and that's fact as i play both SFCO & Uni3)

5) I have to say.....your logical is painfully bad.  Just because you don't see something now, or are not affected by something right now, does not mean that a) you wont be, b) it doesn't exist and c) you wont see it creeping in.....

fact of proof:

In SFCO, EX, EX2, NOVA, UNI2 players have already stated that issues with certain things are slowly creeping in.....the first issue to be faced is NPCs, defences and volumes of numbers.  This becomes an issue as the server gradually slows down to process this occurrences, eventually this leads to white-screens and in the end a simple inability for the server to process (attacks freezing).

Perhaps it is you that is turning into Grace as you are so adamant with your attitude that because it doesn't exist yet it doesn't matter......well, it does matter, because the problem exists and is ever present.... or put it this way......it's like a disease, you may not see the symptoms but that doesn't mean you  don't have it or it doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:22:16 AM by kru »
gT brn b Th rk

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 11:32:46 AM »
1: You want to pull numbers out of your ass but complain when I do the same? Lmfao. Prove 50 people pay $50/week in Conquest.

2: Flat out bull. It is in no way relevant.

3: You should have thought of that before YOU started comparing Conquest to other uni's.

4: P modes aren't necessary in ANY uni.

5:Says the guy who doesn't know the meaning of the word logic. If a uni isn't going to max out in 50+ years then your argument is pure conjecture. Unless you have a shiny time machine and can prove that BFG will even exist by then, your argument is null and void.

6: Your opinion is not proof.
SFC was getting white screens when the biggest fleet was 1000 Athena. I get white screens for hits involving less than 1000 ships even today.
So Grace, keep lying and making stuff up.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:29:41 PM by censored »

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 12:47:09 PM »
@censored I created this thread to try and effect change in Conquest. You yourself said you do not even play Conquest so why do you care what is being posted on this thread. I see you commenting all over the SFCO forum and you are obviously very opinionated. Would you please hold your opinions to yourself so this thread does not get filled up with stuff no one wants to read or before BFG locks it up.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
@censored I created this thread to try and effect change in Conquest. You yourself said you do not even play Conquest so why do you care what is being posted on this thread. I see you commenting all over the SFCO forum and you are obviously very opinionated. Would you please hold your opinions to yourself so this thread does not get filled up with stuff no one wants to read or before BFG locks it up.

No. I have played Conquest and I'm as entitled to an opinion as anyone else. Posting my opinion is hardly going to get this topic locked. I don't tell you what to do, kindly get off your facist horse and do me the same courtesy.

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 01:21:09 PM »
First I did not say you were not entitled to your opinion. I said you were very opinionated. Learn to read.

Second I agree that your opinions alone will not get this thread locked but you arguing with other players could although I do not think it is likely. I am more concerned that people are going to miss something important form someone else because they skip through your opinionated bs.

Third I did not tell you want to do I asked you if you would stop. Your reply answered that question.

Forth I am not sure what a facist horse is (might be misspelled) but since we are name calling I want ask you again to stop posting you opinionated troll.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »
"First I did not say you were not entitled to your opinion. I said you were very opinionated. Learn to read."

You said to keep my opinions to myself, which is exactly the same as saying I'm not entitled to an opinion. YOU learn to read. And learn to write while you're at it.

"Second I agree that your opinions alone will not get this thread locked but you arguing with other players could although I do not think it is likely. I am more concerned that people are going to miss something important form someone else because they skip through your opinionated bs. "

Oh yeah because kru's ACTUAL bs is less damaging than my focus on reality. Go screw yourself.

"Third I did not tell you want to do I asked you if you would stop. Your reply answered that question."

Asking, telling, same difference. Either way you're only going to make me comment MORE. I don't tolerate stupidity or facism or hypocrisy or bullies.

"Forth I am not sure what a facist horse is (might be misspelled) but since we are name calling I want ask you again to stop posting you opinionated troll."

Shut up, you facist hypocrite troll scum.

*corrected all fascist to facist since that pulls out the spelling nazi in you*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:30:31 PM by censored »

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline kru

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

my opinions are about conquest,  not any other universe.  My opinions on conquest are based on fact, yours are not.

Having previously played a universe and playing a universe are 2 entirely different entities!.

Your opinion on how a universe plays out know is invalid, your opinion is based on previous experience and therefore you cannot contribute to issues which do impact and will impact on a universe as you do not experience these issues on a daily basis.

In reality, anything i have to contribute about a universe i play on a daily basis is not BS and is much more valid than you and grace attempting to troll an opinion as fact!

I myself am still waiting for proof of 1000 players paying $20 per week in SFCO.....i do not need proof of the top 50 spending per week as that's already been established as a given FACT in previous threads.
gT brn b Th rk

birthmark-ant