contact
November 19, 2017, 10:38:50 AM

Author Topic: An As Yet Undiscovered Level of Unpleasantness  (Read 473 times)

Offline Krystyn

• View Profile
An As Yet Undiscovered Level of Unpleasantness
« on: June 04, 2015, 10:57:22 PM »
Two days ago I discovered that my beautiful tomato plants had been invaded by cutworms. In case you're not familiar with them they are fat caterpillars the same color green as the stems on which they feast. Since I am attempting to keep this garden pesticide free I tried an Eco-friendly organic bug spray yesterday. I returned today to find they had laughed at said spray and had grown even larger and more squishy. I had no choice but to pick them off one by one, throw them on the ground, and step on them. OK, FINE!!! I proceeded to pluck the first one off, threw it to the ground and them stepped on it. OH! MY! GOSH!! A profuse amount of slimy green bug guts squirted out covering my entire shin, my forearm, and even splattering my shoulder and who knows where else. EWWWWWWWW!!!! By the way, my scream of surprise damn near gave my mother a heart attack while she was safely sitting in the truck talking on the phone. I grabbed a paper bag out of the back of the truck and covered the dozen plus cutworms I collected and stomped them but good all the while thanking my foresight by not eating before this awful chore and struggling not to gag and retch with every squishy and crunchy sound coming from under that bag. After a nearly unendurable side trip to the grocery store I came home, jumped in the shower and scrubbed everything. TWICE! Still under duress I thought it an appropriate time to run buy some limes and good Panamanian rum. I made some simple syrup and picked some fresh mint then mixed myself a fabulous mojito. This was just the coping mechanism I needed. The picture below includes some of our early bounty as a reminder that this unpleasantness is worth it.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

boom boom

Re: An As Yet Undiscovered Level of Unpleasantness
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 11:10:36 PM »
you need bear grylls  ;D
https://youtu.be/gBJVqB9wG98

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 12:52:56 AM »
Don't squeeze those limes in the sun!

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
meanie!
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.