contact
November 20, 2017, 09:24:39 AM

Author Topic: Let's brainstorm...  (Read 23472 times)

Offline Ta'len

• View Profile
Re: Let's brainstorm...
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 06:29:03 PM »
Right now, the game in every universe can be boiled down to a simple phrase:

He (or she) who has the most ships wins.

There is very little strategy involved in the gameplay, and the game doesn't encourage new players to come into the established universes because it is almost impossible for them to catch up and be competitive in any meaningful way.

What I would like to see is a means to enable more strategy and gameplay options for smaller/newer players.

Perhaps some sort of defense option that limits the number of ships that can attack a planet during any given round.  Think of this as the defense equivalent of creating a choke point, or the use of a terrain bottleneck feature so that a smaller defensive force can potentially hold off a larger force.

Perhaps a way to intercept fleets while they are in transit; like a sniper or a Guerrilla warfare tactic.  Obviously, you don't have the fleet required to take out the entire force, but you can pick off a few ships and then retreat.  Mechanically, this could be like a single round of combat, instead of six rounds, with the defender being able to respond with only what is left after the surprise attack.

Being able to force an attacking fleet to either speed up or slow down.  Some sort of defensive option that will speed up the fleet, or affect the speed of some ships based on their propulsion technology.  Also, perhaps slow the fleet down in response to the sniper/guerrilla attack I mentioned previously.  Maybe just enough for a target to move their fleet out of the way if they are locked.

An attack or defense option that completely disables certain drive technologies.  For a period of time (24h?) ships with that drive type can't move in or out of the planet.  So if you break Warp, then you can only attack (or defend!) with ships that use Jet or Pulse drives.  Ships like the Ares would still be able to attack, but only because they can switch back to the Pulse engine that was upgraded to Warp.  They will slow down, and will either slow down the entire fleet, or arrive later than what they would have.

Introduce a maintenance cost for ships.  Not just the cost to build them, but the cost to maintain them.  This would help offset the GINORMOUS fleets, unless that player also had the mine infrastructure necessary to keep that fleet maintained.  Have the maintenance costs scale up based on the number of ships present, so that small fleets have negligible maintenance costs, medium fleets have moderate maintenance costs, and huge fleets have very large maintenance costs.

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 06:30:16 PM »
Back to basics, simular mechanics to uni 1, where there was no P mode, but offered D mode, or as suggested above if you pmode, its a set time, and there is a cool down if broken early.

less galaxies, but more slots in the systems, making attacking others less time consuming.

An option to hijack/ steal ships, so that you can gain them from an attack

You gain pilots daily when you log in, and then use these pilots to attack with, making you think more about what ships you can send on an attack. This will level the playing field more, making you have to think about what ships you send.

Offline pnt704@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 06:30:46 PM »
a save feature that allows all planet and moons - where total to be saved is covered by enough ships to cover all resources - to be accomplished simultaneously - am too lazy at times to go thru each one by one - good luck figuring this one out - lol

Offline Dr.Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »
Include all ships, eradeon at 10%, allow eradeon to be applied to buildings to increase speed, storage, etc..no moons, but keep warp gates..put them on the planet with tech requirements, instead of the moon requirement. . Npcs with eradeon only.
Along with all ships, you can add new techs to research, but none of the Terry stuff requiring you to build and research off planet, like in hg.
Keep the five minute free finish.
Fast, fun, lots of options, easy to build and rebuild, but capped items to prevent major rank discrepancies

Offline wroop

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 06:31:52 PM »
How about force fields for planets and moons.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 06:33:05 PM »
This was from a user that used 'report post' instead of 'reply'.

I have noticed that people lose interest by being blasted out of the game too often, or by long slow play because it took too laong to build and do researches. In order to improve the game, we need more action and less time traps that take forever to jump through a hoop. Why upper level researches takes months is ridiculous and shouldn't be. The same with lower levels being stomped on by higher members with questionable morals. The idea is to make the game all inclusive so lots of players co-exist although fighting takes place, it shouldn't knock people out of the game because they don't want to spend months getting back to where they were. You have done that somewhat with the large and small N's but it needs to be tighter at the lower levels and more territories etc., should be available for lower ranked players to build and compete. A high ranked player can lose a large fleet and not bat an eye because he knows he can build another quickly but a low rank players can't and usually drops out rather than resume countless hours building back up. when you start the game you should be able to frs and save what little you have. No t be exposed to those who have a few ships to takes it all away. There should be more territories to attack, and less time spent on research so you can grow.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Kinkstaah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 06:35:04 PM »
Scrap p mode and find another way to generate money.  I like eradeon.  Maybe make your ships that survive in battle have veteran status * more power variables.   Make attacks non Calc able.   Make it a judgement call....scrap moons because after they first months they are useless...but the gates on the planet.  Any thing that increased the player base and holds them here.....I'm just brainstorming but maybe a fleet buy back?   Make alliances mean something again...war bonuses....ohh and a shirl that says ohh s%t it's kinkstaah.  I'm sure I'll add more later....just find a way to make money without p mode....and find me players to kill and I'll pay.

Offline Londo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 06:36:00 PM »
Create a "Specialty" ship,as I once asked for.. Stealth Commando Charon,With Commando Droids
Build Cost:Ship:
8,000 Ore
8,000 Crystal
4,000 Hydro
Build Cost: Droids:
10,000 Ore
10,000 Crystal
4,000 Hydro
Use: Stealth Attack on Moon Facilities. May target either Oracle or Warp gate.
For Each Commando Droids used,a base 10% chance of success. 60% maximum chance of success.
Effect: The Specific facility targeted,either Oracle or Warp gate would be disabled for 7 days upon success.
If attack succeeds, Ship returns normally. If attack Fails, Ship is destroyed and target knows origins of ship and attack.
Purpose: To give lesser ranked players a chance to fight back against large fleets or overly aggressive area's of operation.

Offline Captain Theodore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 06:37:04 PM »
Have worm holes that ANYONE can use that will warp you to another  galaxy and solar system.  That would be cool. These Wormholes would be like the NPCS. They come and go. With a 2 hour warning that Wormhole is showing signs of instablity so you can stop using it.  Once you go though the worm hole you would have to give another target which after attack lands would return you to the worm hole to warp back through to return home. You would have to have two sets of destinations. One to the worm hole then one to the target
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:40:42 PM by Captain Theodore »

Offline wroop

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 06:37:48 PM »
How about established territories for alliances to defend?

Offline The Real Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 06:38:32 PM »
I have to agree with TheOX. I want to see you invest more time in a single universe. I personally would not put money into another universe unless I was told that this was going to be the last universe and that you guys were going to put a lot of time and effort making changes and fixing bugs as they occur.

That being said 2 things that you could do to make things easier on BFG and the player is

1. Make it possible for players to transfer credits to each other in game without contacting BFG.
2. Make it possible for players to do more than 1 trade mercahnt at a time. Have a drop box so that up to maybe 20 trades can be done at once.

Offline LORD WAREAGLE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 06:38:49 PM »
CALLED IT STARFLEET COMMANDER INFINITE

Offline Magellan VI

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 06:42:01 PM »
I like the idea of maintenance costs for ships  :D

I would suggest lowering the number of members able to join an alliance to maybe 20 or 25 making it more competitive.

I would also like to see something I had found on a thread previously. A mobile warp ship that an alliance could build.  The ship could be destroyed for a hefty dsp gain and hence would have to be defended. Alliance members could deploy ships to it on a permanent basis for defence and the ship itself would warp to another part of the uni.

It\'s only a game!

Offline Tequila Mockingbird

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 06:42:44 PM »
Battle Charon.....enough said.  1 only.  Ever. = to 1,000,000 hades.  All in fun tho.  I like the idea of pilots for your fleet, regen of ships destroyed, and cold beer served nightly. 

Offline cdexterjr

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 06:44:13 PM »
I would like to see bigger, but not slower cargo ships, Faster research times, No ship limits, two Hephs, At least 10 planets and more goals in the Q to reach based on play.  I would also like to see more powerful ships, While the Zeus is wonderful, I would like to see a fleet of 10 Cherons take out a Zeus.  That would make the game a lot more interesting...

That is a start...

Admiral Que

birthmark-ant