contact
September 22, 2017, 10:33:30 PM

Author Topic: Thank You BFG!  (Read 989 times)

Offline CoolHand

• Dealing CoolHand's Daily!
    • View Profile
Thank You BFG!
« on: September 10, 2015, 12:39:31 AM »
Thank You BFG, you just made up my mind for me.

Thank you for killing a great game. Suggestions for a new uni just finished this for me.

I'm done.

I met some great people, created some great memories but I refuse to give any more of my time to a company that obviously could not give a shit about it players

Thanks for the fun guys. I miss the old days and I know now that will never come back again

When I get a chance I'll be dumping my account. Might give it away or just might crash it into an NPC

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: Thank You BFG!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:07:58 AM »
We've been pretty transparents for years about the fact that we intend to release new Universes every 4 to 6 months.

We appreciate all the years that you've been with us and, if you do decide it is time to go, we hope you find fun in whatever you choose to occupy your time.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Adm.Reaper

• Adm.Reaper.. collector of souls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 09:46:05 PM »
so right

Offline Caterine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 01:31:25 AM »
Yes, thank you, BFG!
...and I mean that sincerely.

You have tried to please your customers for many years.
We ask for new things and you try to please us.
You are a business, and a business must continue to grow or it falters.

I have no issues with you starting new universes as often as you like. There are many players in the game that like the challenge of starting fresh on a clean slate and building up quickly, only to move on to the next. If they spend credits to get there, all the more power to them. It helps support the game so it remains free for everyone else who cannot, or does not wish to, spend money on the game.

Many people still play Original as well as one or more of the other universes. I play Original, Guns, and still keep an active account in Extreme. When a new uni starts, I may take a look at it to see if it interests me. See what is improved, and yes, see what I do not like. But that does not mean it is not worthwhile.

So many players have for years asked for new items in the game. That is why Original has moons, warp gates, and NPCs. Yes, it has changed the game from how it started, but those are things people ASKED FOR. Some like it. Some do not.

We have many universes to choose from, so why complain? We have variety to please many palates. If we don't like the taste of one universe, we can try another. Just quit bitchin' about it. (can I say that, Matt?)

Caterine - Original
Witchblade - Hired Guns
Mosquito - Extreme
Caterine - SFCO
Mosquito - Extreme
Witchblade - Hired Guns

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 05:21:01 PM »
It is the very multiple universes that is the biggest problem. I don't much care how many uni's they have, they are all big and empty. Like I said they would be when they started this infinite expansion bs 5+ years ago.
BFG has to be one of the only game companies to ever exist that charges people hundreds of dollars per month for a text game yet has shit customer service, no real updates to existing uni's for years, a smart mouthed nazi mod team, and the compulsion to compete against itself thus pissing away its customer base. The only reason they still have any customers is the communities the players have built.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline krysst

• All Others Pay Cash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 05:07:31 PM »
Sad to see you go Coolhand but I am prolly next in line.  I been delaying the inevitable for too long... will see how long I last...

But good luck in the future Coolh!

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 06:35:49 AM »
Sorry to see you go Coolhand, you have been a part of SFC for a very long time.

As far as new uni's go, its very difficult, BFG make more money at the start up, and that proves that many players also like the start of a new uni, thhat being said, it would be nice to see some updates on old unis too, as they have not been touched in years.

Myself I am looking forward to the new uni, and gave up on the old ones a long time ago, but do miss the old players from original and x2

Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »
We've been pretty transparents for years about the fact that we intend to release new Universes every 4 to 6 months.

We appreciate all the years that you've been with us and, if you do decide it is time to go, we hope you find fun in whatever you choose to occupy your time.

Question to BFG:
----------------

Honestly I dont understand why you stopped the Tournament Style if you still want to release every 4-6 months. It's OK if you release so many universes but why can't be some of them with a limited end or a target to achieve. Have a permanent uni only start every 2-3 years and in between give us some "Shorties" that you could also use to test new ship types and buildings etc..

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 03:58:20 PM »

Question to BFG:
----------------

Honestly I dont understand why you stopped the Tournament Style if you still want to release every 4-6 months. It's OK if you release so many universes but why can't be some of them with a limited end or a target to achieve. Have a permanent uni only start every 2-3 years and in between give us some "Shorties" that you could also use to test new ship types and buildings etc..

Matt H already answered this a coupel of times. Tournies weren't profitable for them.