contact
September 22, 2017, 07:51:01 AM

Author Topic: SFC Family - lets show what we're made of!! FUNDRAISER contest!!  (Read 7417 times)

Offline WGW

• View Profile
SFC Family - lets show what we're made of!! FUNDRAISER contest!!
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:40:40 AM »
There is a player in this game who's rl spouse has been diagnosed with Cancer. The family needs help in a most serious way, not only for treatments outside of insurance coverage, but just in living day to day.

We have all had our ups and downs, sidefights and bitter diatribes, but when the chips are down, this group of players are the closest in any game I have ever been involved in.

So I ask you .. if the top players in each uni would donate a substantial resource package to the highest donation  - whos game to get involved here? Would there be any interest? The donations would all be handled by a verified non profit fund raising website. My thoughts are simple - the donators just put the initials for the uni they are donating for .... ie  SFCO  EX1  EX2 etc after their names ....  we will collect the prize lists, and then we will RAFFLE off the resource packages!! Any donation of $25 or more can win!!  and a player can buy as many tickets as they want, they will get 1 ticket for each $25 donation!! 

The raffle will be handled on LIVE VIDEO,  and recorded for all to see from the placing of the names into the hopper to the actuall drawing!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:38:59 AM by WGW »

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Re: SFC Family - lets show what we're made of!! FUNDRAISER contest!!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 02:17:34 AM »
Count me in from SFCO!

Offline STORMBRINGER Soul Taker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:27:32 AM »
Count me in for Hired Guns

Offline T`Pau

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:09:47 AM »
FYI this is the link to make donations https://www.youcaring.com/carol-runnels-430293

I shall be making mine next week, once I get paid!

Offline von Imhof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 11:23:55 AM »
Nice T. I will do the same.
Head of Intelligence and Secret Police

Offline Buck-Rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 11:32:44 PM »
I'm onboard for a shipmate in need!

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 03:17:10 AM »
I am finally able to release details people,sorry for the wait, but I had to wait until the family gave me permission to release details....

As some of you know, but most probably do not, one of our players here in the game is facing a real life crisis of unimaginable consequences.

Day of Reckoning, a long time player, and friend to many is on need of our help. His wife was diagnosed with a serious cancer, and the family needs help both with costs for medical treatments to save her very life, as well as family needs that are currently not able to be met.

To answer this call, I am attempting to organize a game wide (all unis) benefit drive to help out! The idea is simple, getting the top 5 players in each universe to pledge relevant to their universe, sizeable resource packages we will collect the prize lists, and then we will RAFFLE off the resource packages!! Any donation of $25 or more can win!!  and a player can buy as many tickets as they want, they will get 1 ticket for each $25 donation!! 

The raffle will be handled on LIVE VIDEO,  and recorded for all to see from the placing of the names into the hopper to the actuall drawing!
The donations will be handled by a validated non profit website at https://www.youcaring.com/carol-runnels-430293

each SFC player that makes a donation should use their game name, followed by their universe they are competing for. So far in SFCO, Twayne and I are definitely in. And in Hired Guns, . **/** **\** STORMBRINGER‎ has pledged his support.

So how do we start? Spread the word people, far and wide,to every corner of every universe. Send this every person you know,and point them at this thread:

http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=23388.0

This is not a game,this a real life emergency and I personally pray that the community as a whole responds ...

Once we get the prizes in place, the contest will begin!!

WGW
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:39:58 AM by WGW »

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »
Is it okay to go ahead and send in a donation? Treakle just posted for us in Time Wasters in SFCO. My family has been blessed. I don't have a lot, but I know every bit helps. Yeah, in the game, we like to beat each other up, but at the end of the day, we're all brothers and sisters. I would feel even better if BFG would consider making a matching monetary donation to the cause. They could write it off on their taxes. I don't log in here very much, so I'd appreciate it if you can keep me up to date thru a PM in SFCO or Starfleet Addicts on Facebook. I am John Carter Mars.

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 02:10:33 PM »
yup! just be sure to use your game name and attach the universe you are entering at the end! ie .. WGW - SFCO

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 03:40:40 PM »
Pledge Status:
SFCO: - SFCO totals so far - 332.5 Quadrillion resources and climbing!!!!!

1. Twayne - pledged to match the remaining COMBINED!
2. Bruce Mays - 60Q Ore, 50Q Crystal, 15Q hydro AS WELL AS A CASH DONATION!! WTG Bruce!!!
3. The Silence - 30Q in res
4. WGW - (20) packs of 2.5 Billion Proms and (20) packs of 50 Million Zeus pledged - res totaling 11.250 Q
16. Laz Triton - 500 Trillion in H

Hired Guns 640 Quadrillion so far!!
1. **/** **\** STORMBRINGER‎ - 450Q ore,  150Q Crystal   40Q hydro!!
6. Witchblade -- 20 Quad Hydro

:oSilent unis so far - no donations :o
EX1
EX2
NOVA
Uni2
Uni3
Eradeon
Eradeon Extreme

***********************************************************************************

Raffle lists - this is where I will keep a tally of who all has how many tickets and where - will try to update it at least once a day!!

SFCO
underway - tickets available!! See page 2!!

EX1

EX2

NOVA
Damn Haggis - 2 tickets!

Uni2

Uni3

Eradeon

Eradeon Extreme

Hired Guns
starhawk  1 TICKET!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:35:37 AM by WGW »

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 11:28:23 PM »
Really wonderful thing everyone is doing. Its great to see this group rally to the cause.

K-2

Offline Kinkstaah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 12:21:42 AM »
Well wgw.  I will give my account #4 in eradeon 3 to you to auction off.  Pm me for details.  Otherwise I can Skype you the info.  Goodluck on the auction.

Offline Dr.Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 01:53:40 AM »
Wgw, with no money being given directly to kink for his account, and him just "giving it" to someone he finds to be deserving based on a non profit charity event, I don't think it should be a problem. I agree, it walks the line, but ask Matt if it's okay, and if it is, then I would definitely take him up on the offer. It is a good account and could bring several donations in, for a chance to control it.

Offline Kinkstaah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 02:44:44 AM »
Well if and only 8f my account t is no good.  I will put up 1b ore and 1b crystal in extreme 3.   Seems little to everyone elses, but here its quite alot.

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 09:32:07 PM »
OMG!! This is STAGGERING!!! Here are the SFCO prizes people!!

FIRST - Every person who has or does donate $100 or over gets 1 BILLION proms upfront, just for bein a playah!

now the prizes!!!
(20) 2.5 Billion Prom Packages
(20) 50 Million Zeus Packages

(300) 4th place prizes - 400 Trillion Ore, 350 Trillion Crys,and 115 Trillion Hydro!

3rd Place winner - 2.5 Quadrillion Ore, 2 Quadrillion Crys, 650 Trillion Hydro
2nd place winner - 7.5 Quadrillion Ore, 6 Quadrillion Crys 1.875 Quadrillion Hydro

FIRST PLACE!! -
10 Quadrillion Ore 8 Quadrillion Crystal 2.5 Quadrillion Hydro!

all you gotta do is go to:
https://www.youcaring.com/carol-runnels-430293

and donate $25 for a ticket! You get another ticket for every additional $25 as well!! If all the prizes are not won - WE"LL KEEP DRAWING TILL THEY ARE!!!

The raffle will be held on Randompicker.com,and I will videotape the entering of the names and the actual drawing itself,then post it on you tube for all to see!!!!  Link to the raffle:

https://www.randompicker.com/Project/Public/Protocol.aspx?Key=236495x88258

Pass this on to everybody you know!! But do not reply to all please!! Lets help our friend KICK CANCERS ASS!!!!

The thread on the forum is at:
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=23388.

You other unis got yer work cut out for ya!!! Ever thought of coming back to SFCO? Tell me an easier way to get it done!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:53:14 PM by WGW »